Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finey on SEN

Reckon Devilhead's post a couple of minutes ago has totally nailed it.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Sounds to me a few older guys who want contract extensions are pissed off that they might have to go somewhere else to get them

Nice and cosy in their life in Melbourne they now may have to pack up and move on (maybe interstate)

Is this disrespecting theiir years of service to club??

Is it their right to receive a further 2-3 year contract extension so they can end their playing days at the Saints??

IMO The club is always bigger than the individual

We are in the business of winning premierships and we are not going to win one with fisher Dal Santo Milne Blake Kosi ...... in the team over the next few years

Their time has passed - they had their chances to win a premiership and didn't

St Kilda is NOT a retirement village for players that nearly won a Premiership

The club no doubt is grateful for their years of service and they have been paid well but now its time to move on

Re: Geelong keeping their Premiership players - firstly their core guys are still playing brilliant footy (ours aren't) and secondly they won 3 Premierships - massive difference Finey
Must admit I too wondered if his "sources" would be disgruntled senior players.... I guess this transition was never going to be easy

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He had some recent rant about how Ross was great because he let him sit in on training and game day and then went on to say how his disinterest in the players was healthy. He made Ross sound like a dick and made himself sound like he was part of the inner sanctum under Lyon. He might just be pissed off his access as a high profile Saint has been revoked.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:See ya later all our new recruits we wee looking at. Bruce might just be shuffling back into the GWS fold and Delaney will want to go to the Dees so he can get a more stable club. See ya Adams, Weller. Don't worry we might be able to attract Shannon Byrnes over now.

Thank Finey.
Don't know that we've fallen apart every time Wilson or Walls has lined us up.
Do we all think this peanut has more credibility because he professes to be one of us?
All he has done is express an opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Is there any saints fans honestly convinced either way on Scott yet?

I have issues with much of what he does, but also like a lot of what he's done as well.

Too early to be decisive.
I think Ken Hinkley has raised the bar a tad. Now clubs expect a coach to come in and turn things around in a season.

Our list has gaping holes. I'm not sure if Watters is a good coach, but he hardly has the list. If Mark Fine came out and said that Watters should be sacked because
his game plan is flawed, or he cant develop players, or he his football knowledge is no good, then fair enough, if he points out why.

But to come out and say he should be sacked because of a comment, and because he knows stuff, well it doesnt really sell me. Might as well say he should be sacked cos
he is short.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He had some recent rant about how Ross was great because he let him sit in on training and game day and then went on to say how his disinterest in the players was healthy. He made Ross sound like a dick and made himself sound like he was part of the inner sanctum under Lyon. He might just be pissed off his access as a high profile Saint has been revoked.
Lyon needs no assistance in that regard :oops:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sold on Watters at but Im less sold on attempts to destabilize our club because of Chinese whispers

I'm sick of implosions/scandals every 2 months..... just getting past the Milne thing..... followed by a dwarf... now apparently massive footy club brawl brewing cause Finey reckons he's got credible info..

Back it up

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I look forward to you guys ringing him up and taking him to task on air...I bet you don't but in anticipation I have glued my radio to SEN which I rarely listen to.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
SainterK wrote:Is there any saints fans honestly convinced either way on Scott yet?

I have issues with much of what he does, but also like a lot of what he's done as well.

Too early to be decisive.
I think Ken Hinkley has raised the bar a tad. Now clubs expect a coach to come in and turn things around in a season.

Our list has gaping holes. I'm not sure if Watters is a good coach, but he hardly has the list. If Mark Fine came out and said that Watters should be sacked because
his game plan is flawed, or he cant develop players, or he his football knowledge is no good, then fair enough, if he points out why.

But to come out and say he should be sacked because of a comment, and because he knows stuff, well it doesnt really sell me. Might as well say he should be sacked cos
he is short.
Primus already took them through our 2013/2014 though

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Brisbane should be copping a bashing for the way they have handled things.

But instead, we have a so called supporter, trying to destabilise St Kilda, cos we hold the Rabble title not Brisbane. Thanks Finey
Yep, and think how this crap will put recruits off coming to the Saints.

I love this club
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I look forward to you guys ringing him up and taking him to task on air...I bet you don't but in anticipation I have glued my radio to SEN which I rarely listen to.
Hang in there fireman - I'm ringing in the next 2 hrs so keep listening...my radio name is "Bruce... first time caller...."

“Yeah….nah””
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for link SainterK. Wow. I've always like finey with his old school footy approach but I have noticed over the last 6 months he seems to be going down the shock jock road. Whilst he may feel he knows what is happening at the club the reality is unless you are a player or club official it is all chinese whispers. I know a few people here have backed up his claims from "insiders" but footy clubs are incredibly cliquey and you get different info according to who you talk to. The young players seem to be bonding and happy to be there. With Greg Hutch(?) leaving and Dal and Fisher and who knows else (Gilbert, Monty?) being shopped around there is going to be bad blood. Watters comment about accepting mediocrity was quite disrespectful and he should have phrased it different. I get the feeling Watters was really shocked that someone could be going around lighting fires at a players function and not one of the leaders stepped up to shut it down esp after the year we've had. Watters seems to be going in really hard now to make changes. There is some blow back coming up. Jack being one of the 3 leaders in that video was very revealing over people like Monty and Dal.

Finey's comments were really quite inappropriate either from (1) commentators view to be so adamanent about sacking him 2 years is over the top and damaging to our club or (2) having "inside" info is breach of trust. I'm sending an email of complaint to SEN.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I look forward to you guys ringing him up and taking him to task on air...I bet you don't but in anticipation I have glued my radio to SEN which I rarely listen to.
Hang in there fireman - I'm ringing in the next 2 hrs so keep listening...my radio name is "Bruce... first time caller...."
excellent...i'm tuned in :)

Buckets
SS Life Member

So let me get this straight (been a rough day so jumping on here distracts me)

We don't want to farewell players with honour - ummm what the hell was Rd 23 about then?

Speech at B&F - didn't Roo have a similar speech few years back about getting on the bus or leaving?

We need Richardson bc he worked under Hinkley and is great at developing kids - well hold on how many great picks have we had since 2007? Oh that's right the least Top 20 picks out of the 18 teams.

Oh and he doesn't want Martin - well blow me down with a feather how dare he get a say on who is on the playing list. With all the crap this club has been through do we really need a potential time bomb walking into the club for potentially Pick 3? IMO Hell freezes over before that happens.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

All this public "innuendo" is going to be like a cancer - it grows and grows on itself. As is normal in business and more so in Clubs, people don't get on, but in Clubs, the periphery also gets involved. Don't expect Finey to elaborate with "facts" on radio -he may get sued!

It's time the new Chairman and board stepped in and sorted things out internally - it's either Watters, or the non-believers. We can't afford this to go on. And yes, not very attractive to getting potential top tier recruits on board.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Used to like Finey but then he became a gym-junkie, starting talking about his sex life on air, became more abrasive and short-tempered ... and lost me.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Love Caro's big "strife at St Kilda" beat...

It included everything from Dals supposed departure, Fishers so called off field issues (though we don't know what he's done) just left off Tony Lockett throwing crutches at tribunal...

“Yeah….nah””
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Teflon wrote:This guys an AFL apologist and flog if the highest

IF you are on radio IF you are coming out making grand statements like Sack Scott Watters Now then do us all a favour (and don't treat Saints fans like idiots) and back up such outlandish claims with at least 1 Fact!!

His main gripe?? Scott Watters said the club accepts mediocrity - sure under Lyon we played well and reached highs BUT the fact remains we still have 1 flag in over 100 years... that's not mediocre that's abysmal!
Ring him up Tef..........I would love to hear that.
Seriously Fireman I wouldn't pee on him - he comes on I turn him off he's an embarrassment IMO

Big statements need facts - put up or shut up and don't use your own club to grand stand
Completely agree, put up the facts not the drivel

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Can't have an opinion?

I suppose that's the norm here?....

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Used to like Finey but then he became a gym-junkie, starting talking about his sex life on air, became more abrasive and short-tempered ... and lost me.
Interesting - would make sense. I thought it was because they started quoting him on the Sat morning show when he was humouresly grumpy and it went to his head.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Why should we?
Give the tosser more air time?
Lucky he rates 2/3 of stuff all and we were probably the only ones who heard him.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Can't have an opinion?

It's how that opinion is packaged that's important.
Saying you have inside info a la Roos re Lyon departure or this current twat and then not disclosing that info.........

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I'm staggered some on here clearly worship this imbecile..

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Must admit I too wondered if his "sources" would be disgruntled senior players.... I guess this transition was never going to be easy
Either it is disgruntled senior players or Greg Hutchinson obivously pissed off he got the flick - who else could it be bad mouthing SW??

The fact that Hutchinson was sacked on Friday so suddenly screams of bad blood and it may not be a coincidence that Finey nopw comes out on Monday with his little rant

Seems like Finey has been busy meeting or at least talking to people over the weekend??

Agree with Teffers that to gain some credibility at least have the balls to name your source - for the fact that Finey didn't seems to me that the person who confided in him doesn't want to be identified most likely becuause their complaints might come across as being sour grapes.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Can't have an opinion?

Nope not in that context.
A radio show is not a soapbox.
Is it OK to have a racist, sexist, ageist or any other anti social opinion in the media, that's after all an opinion as well.

It's about not abusing power...
A opinion voiced in this way is designed to be destabilising and is weak and manipulative.
Just watched a mini series on channel 9 about the same thing.... ego and power....