Dermott loves our club now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dermott loves our club now

No...

Not music... Sadness

But instead of refuting it and sooking like a child, probably acknowledge the reality of it??

Best predictor of future behaviour is?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Brereton would know more about footy than Chris PELCHEN thinks he knows.... Which is an extraordinary amount.

Dermott's hard to like

Not hard to respect

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

No idea who you are talking to BM. You should learn to use the quote button. It's not hard.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The problem is that you think that jumping over a pack and taking a mark equates to knowledge. Plugger must be a brain surgeon?! Dermott is a dribbler, self obsessed. Has he had a real job?!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

What the F*** does Brereton know about St Kilda?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Never trust a bloke who wears a man fur :wink:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

To suggest Brereton doesn't know anything about Footy is ridiculous, surely. The comparison with Tony just as silly?!

Has been involved every year since his retirement

In the media, at club level... Both board and coaching depts.

The attempts to discredit someone involved in the most successful team and club in the games history i
Are hilarious, and just shows how absolutely biased this joint is, and why very few opinions are actually balanced and considered! They are just the rankings of frustrated, defensive supporters having a moan

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:To suggest Brereton doesn't know anything about Footy is ridiculous, surely. The comparison with Tony just as silly?!

The attempts to discredit someone involved in the most successful team and club in the games history i
Are hilarious, and just shows how absolutely biased this joint is, and why very few opinions are actually balanced and considered! They are just the rankings of frustrated, defensive supporters having a moan

Moan? Yep that is one thing you would know about. Maybe you need to realise Brereton wastalking about a mate and in this case was completely biased but its better to have a go at anyone connected with our club including supporters than occasionly showing common sense in this case and realise biase.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:To suggest Brereton doesn't know anything about Footy is ridiculous, surely. The comparison with Tony just as silly?!

BM, if the above post represents how you really feel then why the hell do you bother hanging around this forum?

You say you are a Saints supporter, but you can be that without frequenting Saintsational.

If we're all biased ignoramuses, why are you here? Why? :?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Because I follow the club!

I am ecstatic when the club performs well, and furious when we perform poorly. Right now, we are nothing short of a running joke in the AFL community... Outside of this site. Surely people can see that?

Like you, I come on here to give my opinion..... It's not well received by many..... But it's my brutal honesty. Am I wrong or unpopular? Be interesting to go back through SS history and see whether my (negative comments) have been right or wrong more often?

as we see with this thread, people's credibility on here is whether their opinion fits an agenda... Not whether its actually on the money

In 12 months Pelchen will be gone... Everyone will be bagging the F*** out of him and and claiming they were against him all along?
There are 10 huge SS posters, whose opinions are based solely on the side of the argument, and not the argument. You could very well be one, do you reckon?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Brereton would know more about footy than Chris PELCHEN thinks he knows.... Which is an extraordinary amount.

Dermott's hard to like

Not hard to respect
I'm not sure that Peter Schwabb (former Hawthorn Coach) would agree with you !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

howlinwolf
Club Player

So you are saying it is only Saints supporters on this forum that reckon Dermie's opinion is left of centre ?
Come on BM. That's just not right. I've heard any amount of fans from all clubs voice the same on Dermie as I've heard here.
When the negatives outweigh the positives in your pastime it's time to consider it's value to you.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Brereton would know more about footy than Chris PELCHEN thinks he knows.... Which is an extraordinary amount.

Dermott's hard to like

Not hard to respect

i'd put it the other way around....easy to like.......hard to respect.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: In 12 months Pelchen will be gone... Everyone will be bagging the F*** out of him and and claiming they were against him all along?

i'm getting in early then...i was agast that we appointed him in the first place after the disharmony at the hawks...thought he would be bad news for our aging stars.....and that he may cause disharmony at seaford...but could win us a premiership........

...haven't been wrong yet...but will have to wait on the last part mate.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:he may cause disharmony at seaford...but could win us a premiership........
I'll take that…

Rather we take a few risks to try for another flag than sit around slow retiring out old stars…

Pelchen's grand plan may well not work, but his un-sentimental approach is something we need at this stage IMO.

Roll the dice and give this guy a few years to try and build a team, what's the alternative?

howlinwolf
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Never trust a bloke who wears a man fur :wink:

Hey Doc, that's a serious statement he's making !
It's only us on here that think he's a little different though.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Austinnn
Club Player

Yeah, I'd back Pelchen over Mr Showboat any day. He seems shrewd and a good wheeler dealer. Dermot is just a very articulate mascot, doesn't have to back his words up with actions, very easy job he has. If Pelchen was no good, explain how the teams he was involved with building turned out so well. Just chance? I guess we'll find out, but so far he's doing alright so far. What has Brereton done? Coached one international rules series? Compare his role at Hawthorn to someone like Dunstall. We'll have won more than one premiership before he ever puts his rep on the line and proves himself more than a poodle.

Pelchen is more like a rottweiler.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:To suggest Brereton doesn't know anything about Footy is ridiculous, surely.
I didn't. I think that he knows a bit more than you and I.
BigMart wrote:Has been involved every year since his retirement
Warwick Capper has too, in a way...
BigMart wrote:In the media, at club level... Both board and coaching depts.
Funny in the media. What else is he doing at the moment?!
BigMart wrote:The attempts to discredit someone involved in the most successful team and club in the games history Are hilarious, and just shows how absolutely biased this joint is, and why very few opinions are actually balanced and considered! They are just the rankings of frustrated, defensive supporters having a moan
Wow. If your hawks mates pick on you that much, then nothing St Kilda ever does can save you.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If what Dermott wrote on Facebook is untrue then
Pelchen has a case against DB in defamation.

Austinnn
Club Player

I see, so BigNote respects the hollow words of a rentamouth ex player to the professionals involved in the decision making at St Kilda. Based on his... in-depth player analysis on TV and the fact that he's been 'involved' at Hawthorn.

Not shy to have a dig at your own club for its failings, gloss over the things they've done right, then defend Dermot "St Kilda lose because they are St Kilda" Brereton because he supports the barrow that you've been pushing for some time.

I appreciate that you're trying to be objective, but now all your posts either whinge about the club, or whinge that Saintsational posters don't care for your whinging, or just retaliate against the various posters who call you out on your garbage.

Congratulations, BigNote, you've hit the big time. You've made yourself a bigger identity here than Plugger66 and Barks4eva combined. In every thread now, there you are, whining about something, trying to be sarcastic.

Here's what I want to know; when will you ever be happy with the club? We traded alright didn't we? Oh, no I forgot we let Big Boy and Dal go, big mistake. We've got rid of Nettlefold and Westaway, surely... no I'm sure you're not happy with that.

St Kilda will survive, no thanks to you, and we'll eventually climb up the ladder. We might even get ourselves back to a position to sustained challenges for the GF eventually. If that doesn't happen, I will apologise to you for doubting your football wisdom.

I think we are on the right track. I think Pelchen is going to be much better for us than Watters could have been. I think Summers will prove to be a successful president. You think differently. Fair enough.

No one is burying our head in the sand. No one is hiding from the truth. We know where we are. You would sack everyone and put yourself and 5 time premiership hero Brereton in charge along with other champs. Many of the rest of us are happy to give the people there now a chance to sort the place out.

But here's the point: if you think that you have a better solution, get a bunch of heroes together and make a challenge, just like Westaway and Burke did.

Just like Brereton, its too easy to criticise. At least he is a face, and he's supporting a mate. Will we ever see your face challenging the board with a solid plan? Will we ever get a media statement from you? How about even just a hypothetical action plan for the next 5 years?

No we won't, we'll just get more of your complaining that no one wants you to keep complaining. How about you think about the future, instead of dwelling on the past? And you call us frustrated, biased and defensive! You wrote the book, champ.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The difference I see with Brereton is he is a part time footy commentator with lots going on outside footy. He's very happy to come in and add a bit of opinion on any footy subject and he usually has some valid point. I don't think he plans what he says and I would describe him as an off-the-cuff commentator. His involvement in footy is largely based on adding his two cents worth. He's not a deep thinker.

Pelchen has been a back-room architect of several lists and would have spent many years deeply involved in creating a structure he believes capable of success. I would consider him a deep analytic type. Pelchen might not get there but Brereton has come out flaming at the sacking of his close friend. I wouldn't think he's really speaking with clear minded authority on this subject.