Live broadcast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Live broadcast

Johnny Member wrote:Although I didn't actually say the side is awful (I was referring to the performance), we clearly are an awful side.

If we win more than 3 games this year, I'll be legitimately shocked.

Semantics. Awful means the side or the performance. Either way its silly to say at this time of year. And anyone who thought we would win many more than 3 games is biased. Still makes the comment silly. Anyway why do you care? You wont be watching AFL once the Essendon decision is made. I actually think you were better as a poster when you used Rogerfox as a nic.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:The scoreboard is surely irrelevant in February isn't it.
It is.
But we scored more goals than them.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Although I didn't actually say the side is awful (I was referring to the performance), we clearly are an awful side.

It's February. First hit out. We've got as much to be happy about as Brisbane has. I don't think we'll go screaming up the ladder, but we should be more competitive than last year. The young players we've brought on board in the last three years give me cause for optimism.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

replay is up on Saints.com.au

NAB Challenge: Lions v Saints Q4
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-03- ... -saints-q4

NAB Challenge: Lions v Saints Q3
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-03- ... -saints-q3

NAB Challenge: Lions v Saints Q2
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-03- ... -saints-q2

NAB Challenge: Lions v Saints Q1
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-03- ... -saints-q1

Richardson: McCartin 'showed real promise'
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-02- ... al-promise

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Semantics. Awful means the side or the performance. Either way its silly to say at this time of year. And anyone who thought we would win many more than 3 games is biased. Still makes the comment silly. Anyway why do you care? You wont be watching AFL once the Essendon decision is made. I actually think you were better as a poster when you used Rogerfox as a nic.
So if a side that will probably only win a few games in a season - in a somewhat equalised competition - isn't 'awful', what is it? Unlucky?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So if a side that will probably only win a few games in a season - in a somewhat equalised competition - isn't 'awful', what is it? Unlucky?

But that is our standard. Awful yesterday suggests he had higher hopes then was sensible. We played as good as we could for this time of year. If we lost by 10 goals it would be awful. If we one 3-5 games this year I wouldn't say it was awful year. I would say that is what I would have expected. If we won no games then its an awful year. Losing by 3 points to Brisbane in their home state and heat is not awful at all. So you are happy to call yesterday awful? cant wait until we lose by 10 goals to say GWS. Should we call for us to be disbanded?

Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But that is our standard. Awful yesterday suggests he had higher hopes then was sensible. We played as good as we could for this time of year. If we lost by 10 goals it would be awful. If we one 3-5 games this year I wouldn't say it was awful year. I would say that is what I would have expected. If we won no games then its an awful year. Losing by 3 points to Brisbane in their home state and heat is not awful at all. So you are happy to call yesterday awful? cant wait until we lose by 10 goals to say GWS. Should we call for us to be disbanded?
When we talk about winning 3-5 games this season we are talking about playing other teams, yeah? So the context of 'awful' in the first post is in relation to the other teams in the league rather than what is an expected effort for a poor list.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

I was at the ground (not a great one for spectators unfortunately, glad I'll most likely never return there, although it's cool being close enough to the action to hear them talk and call etc), and while we made our fair share of errors under pressure I thought our intensity and attack on the ball was quite exciting for a young squad. Obviously we were missing our skipper and only AA player in Roo (plus Hickey, Dunstan, effectively Billings) whose eventual return will make a massive difference to our structures. The backline looked so much better with Fish and Gears back, and Delaney continues to impress with his never say die approach. McCartin looks promising at first glimpse. Eli has real poise, Newnes is developing nicely, Bruce attacks the ball like a madman in the forward line (although his decision making when he gets it is questionable sometimes). Membrey is a solid unit who looks promising, Armo and Jack were there reliable selves, same with Dempster, Holmes' tap at the start of the last quarter was quite breathtaking, Farren Ray provided a lot of drive from the wing, Seb Ross is starting to look like he belongs at this level, Ahmed Saad had a real crack the whole game, Lonie looks like he could be a livewire, Mav Weller always has a red hot dip. Shenton's new maneless identity was visually confusing but he did some good things, Savage and Roberton also had promising moments and a couple of blunders, Longer tried hard but still a work in progress. Joey looked a tad flat but i don't think that's surprising in pre-season for someone of his vintage...

We'll struggle this year on the scoreboard no doubt but they had a real crack yesterday plus there were signs of a decent game plan that they all seem to have bought into, so I'm genuinely excited about watching us develop further this year...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107