We Must Now Sack Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Must Now Sack Jake Carlisle

I can see a silver lining to this though.If he's got half a brain (which I agree is in dispute at the moment) he'll come into the club knowing he owes the club and his teammates big time.No sense of entitlement to status, to salary, to special handling. No saviour mentality, no centre of attention security.He clearly knows now he'll have to earn his stripes. Each one of them.Could be the making of him.
+ plenty.

and thats a humungeous WIN for us.

must of rankled when we nailed the coffin on sir james
'n i can see now why the opportunity to involve the Hawkers
in trade time fun , was such a blessing to that crowd of mould imbued corks.

JE SUI
.JAKE.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:
markp wrote:
avid wrote:I can see a silver lining to this though.
If he's got half a brain (which I agree is in dispute at the moment) he'll come into the club knowing he owes the club and his teammates big time.
No sense of entitlement to status, to salary, to special handling. No saviour mentality, no centre of attention security.
He clearly knows now he'll have to earn his stripes. Each one of them.
Could be the making of him.
We'll have to go with that.

I do think we should take him and put a big red circle around our next bummers encounter and say we want what you want - to utterly annihilate these pr!cks, and for you to be BOG.
ironically Essendon supporters will be calling Carlisle a druggy. absolute gold and worth the price of admission alone.
We need to print some Carlilse masks, and some #standbyjake signs. Remember when they were busted with the Mexican gear, and their fans wore sombreros? Perhaps we dust ourselves down with talc before the game.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

jamesmc wrote:
tony74 wrote:Some positives in all this mess...
Not one sponsor has contacted the club in a negative way, in fact a couple have responded in the positive way our club has responded immediately.
Media have been strong in the way our club and players have responded to the incident. Talk of the building of a strong culture and the players being absolutely furious.
And whether you like it or not if our wonderful club does win a flag in the next 5 years it's a pretty good bet J.Carlisle will be in the team.
there are no positives in this story ffs, what are you talking about.
One day on and you are confident that no current or prospective sponsors will take a negative view of this.
God i hope you aren't really " on the inside ".
We are now again back to the laughing stock saints.
We can either sink or swim, our club has decided to swim.
Just remember the Dogs and Liberatore had a rather uncomfortable moment a while ago. They got through.

seano1
Club Player

good grief before we sack him..are the rest of our players on it.....i have heard a rumour of a current player..already ours in Melbourne at a function attended by players from another club doing a line in the loo..so before we sack anyone we better have a good look at rest first but also remember its their holidays and a chance to normal in some ways

St Lenny
Club Player

Another Essendon flog comes to our club for big bucks. Screws us over and gets away with it. Its a joke. So he has to face the Leadership Group, big whoop, what are they going to say? Not happy with the way we have handled it, to soft.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Step 1. First day at Seaford put him in the ring with Barry Hall for 5 rounds (I'm sure Baz wouldn't mind)

Step 2. Train the house down over Preseason

Step 3. Play his guts out for the Red, White and Black

win the respect of team and supporters......can turn this around, from a shameful beginning to a good story, all depends on him.......oh yeah....sack his manager

Nee!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
millarsaint wrote:
markp wrote:
If he's got half a brain (which I agree is in dispute at the moment) he'll come into the club knowing he owes the club and his teammates big time.
No sense of entitlement to status, to salary, to special handling. No saviour mentality, no centre of attention security.

I do think we should take him and put a big red circle around our next bummers encounter and say we want what you want - to utterly annihilate these pr!cks, and for you to be BOG.
ironically Essendon supporters will be calling Carlisle a druggy. absolute gold and worth the price of admission alone.
We need to print some Carlilse masks, and some #standbyjake signs. Remember when they were busted with the Mexican gear, and their fans wore sombreros? Perhaps we dust ourselves down with talc before the game.

What hats do Columbians wear?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
satchmo wrote:
millarsaint wrote:
markp wrote:

What hats do Columbians wear?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Send hired goons over to his place to rough him up and tell him not stuff up or else. That should put the fear of god into him enough so he'll comply and be a good player for us.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Young people make errors of judgement - the whole point of education is to learn from your mistakes. From all accounts Jake didn't have the easiest upbringing so maybe he didn't have a good mentor or role model around. The club he came from certainly let him down a bit. Give him the opportunity to learn from his mistake and to redeem himself. I would much rather what he did compared to a violent act or a disrespectful act towards a woman.
Sometimes it takes a big wake up call to turn things around.
Welcome to the Saints Jake. Hope you finish top 10 in the B&F and we rise a few places on the ladder - which I didn't think we would do this year.
What ever it takes hey..

No, not 'whatever it takes'.
I was not a supporter of trading for Carlisle in the first place, primarily because of the WADA risk, but also because we aren't at that stage in our rebuild yet. He needs to learn from his mistakes though, and if we go around thinking that this behaviour is isolated in society we're fooling ourselves. A football team is made up of young men who are risk takers by definition, which means that a % of them are going to make some pretty dumb mistakes in their late teens and twenties. Jake didn't hit anyone or do anything which hurt anybody else but himself. This should be the trigger for him to move away from the group of people he associated with and make a fresh start.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
ripplug66
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Young people make errors of judgement - the whole point of education is to learn from your mistakes. From all accounts Jake didn't have the easiest upbringing so maybe he didn't have a good mentor or role model around. The club he came from certainly let him down a bit. Give him the opportunity to learn from his mistake and to redeem himself. I would much rather what he did compared to a violent act or a disrespectful act towards a woman.
Sometimes it takes a big wake up call to turn things around.
Welcome to the Saints Jake. Hope you finish top 10 in the B&F and we rise a few places on the ladder - which I didn't think we would do this year.
What ever it takes hey..

No, not 'whatever it takes'.
I was not a supporter of trading for Carlisle in the first place, primarily because of the WADA risk, but also because we aren't at that stage in our rebuild yet. He needs to learn from his mistakes though, and if we go around thinking that this behaviour is isolated in society we're fooling ourselves. A football team is made up of young men who are risk takers by definition, which means that a % of them are going to make some pretty dumb mistakes in their late teens and twenties. Jake didn't hit anyone or do anything which hurt anybody else but himself. This should be the trigger for him to move away from the group of people he associated with and make a fresh start.

I'm interested as to what stage we can get a player who still has maybe 8 years left in the system. That would take us till the end of 2023. I hope we are challenging and challenging hard by then.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:So he has to face the Leadership Group, big whoop, what are they going to say?
First day on the new job and everyone thinks you're a cockhead...probably motivation enough to get your arse into gear I would have thought. What else are we going to do?

I can't believe the first thought in someone's head was to sack him FFS! We made this mess, lets get on with fixing it.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
St Lenny wrote:So he has to face the Leadership Group, big whoop, what are they going to say?
First day on the new job and everyone thinks you're a cockhead...probably motivation enough to get your arse into gear I would have thought. What else are we going to do?

I can't believe the first thought in someone's head was to sack him FFS! We made this mess, lets get on with fixing it.
Completely agree. To be honest pissing a #5 draft pick up against the wall and then doing the same to the player we used to sacrifice that pick just makes me as depressed as all hell. Let's give the kid a chance to prove what he's made of. Who knows? It could be the making of him. Everyone's got the right to be angry, but let's not over react.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Everyone is wasting their cyber ink...he is playing so that's it. Give it a rest...some wanker on the radio is throwing his membership in....throw it my way and I'll have ya Saints Jacket as well.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Here is a possible speach by Roo to Jake in front of the group:

"Jake, what do you need to do over the preseason to prove you are a worthy selection for Round 1?"

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:Here is a possible speach by Roo to Jake in front of the group:

"Jake, what do you need to do over the preseason to prove you are a worthy selection for Round 1?"

Answer - "Delete my Snapchat account?"

You are garbage - Enough said
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Here is a possible speach by Roo to Jake in front of the group:

Answer - "Delete my Snapchat account?"
Yep, and sell his iPhone, PC and tablet just in case!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Less coke?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

find that elusive cure for red dancer ?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Save the World , always works !!
:)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Nick speech to Jake

"You're a c**k head mate"

Very simple

“Yeah….nah””
markp
Saintsational Legend

If he walks in with 'that' pic of Roo on his t-shirt then it's game on.

felix
Club Player

Jake you never take movies of yourself snorting coke or smoking ice or a choofing on a big fat banger, be a little more discreet young tiro.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:If he walks in with 'that' pic of Roo on his t-shirt then it's game on.
hahahaha

Classico.

you'd have to brave !!

jays
Club Player

sack him lol no chance we just paid pick 5 for him he will get his contact reduced, this couldnt of been better for the saints imo plus everyone needs to carm down he is a 24 year old if you think he is the only one at our club having coke you are dreaming