5 years Dan Hannebery?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: 5 years Dan Hannebery?

stonecold wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 2:08pm
Hemi Baxter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:53pm As posted already, for me the only relevant consideration is whether Hannebery can still play football at an elite level. There's no evidence that he can. By all means trade out pick 4 if any club is silly enough to give us two first round picks for it but can we please only on-trade one of those selections for someone who has played quality football for their club within the last 18 months and can kick the ball to a team mate.
There's no evidence to suggest that Dan can not still play at the level either, only the fact he is battling injury, which is just that, injury!!!!!

As I've stated before, I'm not saying go and get him at any cost, it has to be the right deal for us!!!!!

What I am saying is, posters on here constantly carry on about us not attracting any A-Graders,
no one wants come bulls***, then we look at a possibility and people jump up and down without even knowing the facts!!!!!

Talk about being negative towards the Club, pisses me off, I know we're struggling, but for f*** sake, too negative from some!!!!!
Stoney, it wouldn't matter what the Saints did. It would be wrong. I have come to realise this and they will never be happy or be able to be swayed. Just finding and harping on the negatives in anything or everything regarding the Saints is the lazy and easy way to do things. Much like life.

The Saints med staff will do their due diligence on Hanners. Well...I trust their expertise and opinion more than anyone on here. Hanners will still be able to play good A grade footy when he gets his body fit.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Do we really need another one-paced midfield plodder?

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 3:30pm
Hemi Baxter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 12:53pm As posted already, for me the only relevant consideration is whether Hannebery can still play football at an elite level. There's no evidence that he can. By all means trade out pick 4 if any club is silly enough to give us two first round picks for it but can we please only on-trade one of those selections for someone who has played quality football for their club within the last 18 months and can kick the ball to a team mate.
There's no evidence to suggest that Dan can not still play at the level either, only the fact he is battling injury, which is just that, injury!!!!!

As I've stated before, I'm not saying go and get him at any cost, it has to be the right deal for us!!!!!

What I am saying is, posters on here constantly carry on about us not attracting any A-Graders,
no one wants come bulls***, then we look at a possibility and people jump up and down without even knowing the facts!!!!!

Talk about being negative towards the Club, pisses me off, I know we're struggling, but for f*** sake, too negative from some!!!!!
The evidence regarding Dan Hannebery is damning. Longmire and the Swans tried to give him multiple opportunities to regain his form after his injuries. They realised that they cannot afford to keep Hannebery in the team because his form was putrid and he may never play to the standard we remembered from 2011-2016.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-03/t ... ock-demise#/

There's good reason to be negative. 5 years into a rebuild and look where we are. We want to take senior players who are struggling to earn a game for their team. Nathan Brown was also on the outer before we got him. Instead of aiming for the discarded fools gold we should be looking for talent that has not been discovered. Why do we employ recruiters if they cannot find or recruit any undiscovered jewels?

Actually...I know the answer. I have no doubt this is all Richo driven
The article is as always written by someone in the media, in other words, speculation, I have conference in our medical team to access correctly one way or the other!!!!!

Don't believe everything you read, especially out of Sydney, I've been told Longmire has lost some players, Hannaberry being one of many!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You need someone in the media to write your posts. That way at least the english and spelling won't detract attention away from your poor argument

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Confirmed. Saints want Hannerbrey.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

He was good a few years ago, but pretty banged up now. Besides we've already got enough tough, slow mid fielders

I'll go balistic if we give up our 1st round draft pick for him.

BenLong#21
Club Player

Richo saying we are going to be 'aggressive at the trade table'.

Like we say every year.

I think the bloke only knows about three phrases and just blurts them out on repeat.

Hannerbury wont help us much and we have no currency to get him anyway. He is clearly not worth pick 5. More like a pick 30. Which we dont have.
Last edited by BenLong#21 on Fri 10 Aug 2018 12:03am, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 9:55pm He was good a few years ago, but pretty banged up now. Besides we've already got enough tough, slow mid fielders

I'll go balistic if we give up our 1st round draft pick for him.

THIS

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

One option is to trade our pick 4/5 for 2 of Crows 3 x top 20 picks. We could use on Hanners (preferably their 3rd one and no 20) and then have their pick 8 still to use in the draft.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 10:15pm One option is to trade our pick 4/5 for 2 of Crows 3 x top 20 picks. We could use on Hanners (preferably their 3rd one and no 20) and then have their pick 8 still to use in the draft.
As the ladder currently stands its picks 7, 15 and 19. At the very least I'd want 7 and 15 for 4. As for the suggestion of getting another one paced mid, I'd happily off load Dunstan if the price was right. Take another pick to the draft and go for pace and skills.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 10:15pm One option is to trade our pick 4/5 for 2 of Crows 3 x top 20 picks. We could use on Hanners (preferably their 3rd one and no 20) and then have their pick 8 still to use in the draft.
As the ladder currently stands its picks 7, 15 and 19. At the very least I'd want 7 and 15 for 4. As for the suggestion of getting another one paced mid, I'd happily off load Dunstan if the price was right. Take another pick to the draft and go for pace and skills.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Has Lethers met Hanners yet?

If not, when?

Is Shanners across this?

Parkey, what are your peeps telling you?

<warning for baiting>

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 10:37pm Has Lethers met Hanners yet?

If not, when?

Is Shanners across this?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

remboy wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 10:24pm
Koby Stevens gone. Maybe Armo and maybe Dunstan. We actually need a quality inside mid.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 10:49pm
SaintPav wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 10:37pm Has Lethers met Hanners yet?

If not, when?

Is Shanners across this?

Reported for baiting also.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Stop wasting people's time. Aren't I allowed to find someone's post as humurous?

Who are you reporting?

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 4:07pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 3:30pm

The evidence regarding Dan Hannebery is damning. Longmire and the Swans tried to give him multiple opportunities to regain his form after his injuries. They realised that they cannot afford to keep Hannebery in the team because his form was putrid and he may never play to the standard we remembered from 2011-2016.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-03/t ... ock-demise#/

There's good reason to be negative. 5 years into a rebuild and look where we are. We want to take senior players who are struggling to earn a game for their team. Nathan Brown was also on the outer before we got him. Instead of aiming for the discarded fools gold we should be looking for talent that has not been discovered. Why do we employ recruiters if they cannot find or recruit any undiscovered jewels?

Actually...I know the answer. I have no doubt this is all Richo driven
The article is as always written by someone in the media, in other words, speculation, I have conference in our medical team to access correctly one way or the other!!!!!

Don't believe everything you read, especially out of Sydney, I've been told Longmire has lost some players, Hannaberry being one of many!!!!!
We have onr of the best high performance teams in the AFL. The Saints can get Hanners right. Sydney also made mistakes with his injuries.

BenLong#21
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 11:16pm We have onr of the best high performance teams in the AFL.

silverhalo
Club Player

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why are people trying to justify the move and support the football club yet again for a high risk decision

How the hell would we know if Sydney made mistakes with his injuries? Didn't Nathan Freeman also say the same thing before we recruited him? How did that work out?

Hannebery is high risk imo because his formline is on the decline. Sydney play a brutal physical game style and they have been so good for so long, but there is an expiry date on some players due to this style of footy. Some of the most experienced ex players have commented and believe that Dan may not be good enough to regain his spot in the Sydney line up. Why would we want another team's discard?

There had been rumours also that he partied as hard as he played. Is Hannebery single atm or is he in a relation? Perhaps his lifestyle choices have also impacted his body physically. Does his manager perhaps think he needs a new challenge to mentally refresh?

He needs to tick off a few boxes imo before we waste a low draft pick on him.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

BenLong#21 wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 11:31pm
parkeysainter wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 11:16pm We have onr of the best high performance teams in the AFL.
Welcome back Con Gorra! 🙄

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 11:45pm Why are people trying to justify the move and support the football club yet again for a high risk decision

How the hell would we know if Sydney made mistakes with his injuries? Didn't Nathan Freeman also say the same thing before we recruited him? How did that work out?

Hannebery is high risk imo because his formline is on the decline. Sydney play a brutal physical game style and they have been so good for so long, but there is an expiry date on some players due to this style of footy. Some of the most experienced ex players have commented and believe that Dan may not be good enough to regain his spot in the Sydney line up. Why would we want another team's discard?

There had been rumours also that he partied as hard as he played. Is Hannebery single atm or is he in a relation? Perhaps his lifestyle choices have also impacted his body physically. Does his manager perhaps think he needs a new challenge to mentally refresh?

He needs to tick off a few boxes imo before we waste a low draft pick on him.

Again you going with Media and Rumour and you have crack @ me about English and Spelling!!!!!

Mirror, mirror on the wall!!!!!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yes. Two seperate issues
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 10 Aug 2018 12:46am, edited 1 time in total.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 12:44am Yes. Two seperate issues Herman
Whatever, grow a set, you know the drill!!!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 12:07am
BenLong#21 wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 11:31pm
Welcome back Con Gorra! 🙄
Not hypocritical, much.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.