Gubby Allan joins the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gubby Allan joins the Saints

freely wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 9:32am
Crossy66 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:17pm
freely wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 3:46pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:21am No, voodoo isn't a religion (its from West Africa) and has nothing to do with Lankans.

It obviously went over fish and chips head aka Human Rights Commissioner.
I don't care much - but I think you're mistaken. I think Voodoo is a religion - and I think most practitioners of Voodoo regard it as a religion. Not sure why you would think that the fact it originates in West Africa means it's not. I forget now though what it had to do with Gubby Allan. He's a scumbag, as I understand - but I don't know if he's a religious one.
So why is gubby a scumbag?
Well, he was caught covering up for a drug cheat - and that's just what he was caught for. He called it an error of judgement and pretended he was trying to do the right thing. All great additions to the lauded Saints culture!
Taking an illicit drug is not a drug cheat.

No idea how in 2018 morons can't identify the massive difference between illicit and performance enchanting.

Gubby helped a player in what would be a behavioural offence and coped a whack. Should be commended.

Oh but that's right, 99% of people in this day of outrage would have tipped off ASADA for the very small likelihood the pill was laced with something else. Like a totally normal person would do.

chico2001
Club Player

Posters can have their own views on Allan and his appointment, if they disagree with the hiring of Allan, so what.

But facts are...Allan and Whitfield were caught, found guilty and suspended. Allan accepted the ban for assisting Whitfield avoid a drug test. Gossip about hiding Whitfield from his girlfriend is just that.

A personal attack is not warranted unless you actually know him and can make that call.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I for one am pleased the Saints recruited Gubby.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 7:02pm
freely wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 9:32am
Crossy66 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:17pm
freely wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 3:46pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:21am No, voodoo isn't a religion (its from West Africa) and has nothing to do with Lankans.

It obviously went over fish and chips head aka Human Rights Commissioner.
I don't care much - but I think you're mistaken. I think Voodoo is a religion - and I think most practitioners of Voodoo regard it as a religion. Not sure why you would think that the fact it originates in West Africa means it's not. I forget now though what it had to do with Gubby Allan. He's a scumbag, as I understand - but I don't know if he's a religious one.
So why is gubby a scumbag?
Well, he was caught covering up for a drug cheat - and that's just what he was caught for. He called it an error of judgement and pretended he was trying to do the right thing. All great additions to the lauded Saints culture!
Taking an illicit drug is not a drug cheat.

No idea how in 2018 morons can't identify the massive difference between illicit and performance enchanting.

Gubby helped a player in what would be a behavioural offence and coped a whack. Should be commended.

Oh but that's right, 99% of people in this day of outrage would have tipped off ASADA for the very small likelihood the pill was laced with something else. Like a totally normal person would do.
I'm not sure why I'm now to be dubbed a 'moron' or called for 'bulls***'. I don't really care what he's done or even whether he practices voodoo. I'd just sooner we hadn't recruited him. I think it smacks of 'jobs for the boys'. I certainly hope you're all correct and he's not a deadshit. But if he is, I don't think he'll be alone, unfortunately.

wally
Club Player

If he does his job to the best of his ability then his appointment is an improvement to our club.

Lots of people change/lose jobs for one silly mistake.