Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jaxons
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down

fugazi wrote:Jaxons
Are any of Longer
Sinclair
Lonie
Templeton
Being considered for trading out?

Fugazi have you followed any of my comments on this thread about my views on commenting on players we may trade out of the club?

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Meaning you will make no comment on our players

Fair enough, apologies . Shouldn't have pressed submit on that one.
Last edited by fugazi on Wed 05 Oct 2016 11:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nee!
ace
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Got something on Steele.

He's told us & GWS he wants to be a Saint. GWS have requested a 2nd round pick (next years will work) however thus far we haven't committed to that deal which is pissing the Giants off. We don't need to commit until trade period starts next week so I don't understand the big deal. Anyway, that's what I've been told. Looks like Steele will definitely be a Saint.

Will be this years pick 46 or next years second rounder, probably the latter.
We are also looking at other GWS players so that could change the deal and dynamics.
Steele looks likely but is not 100% just yet, and after Laverde nothing is done until it is done.
Early next week you will know about him.
We are very busy and looking at lots and lots, no different to other clubs however.
Am confident we will not pursue Hartlett further, asking price is too high on money and trade.
May reconsider if Port pay half his salary etc.
We want to get back into this years draft which is the right strategy.
And still pursuing a key tall.
If we get Steele and a tall back who is good and have 3 top 30 draft picks I will call that a very successful trade period.
We are still flirting with the idea of bringing in a big name without breaking our trade currency too much.
All can be done!
Also to clarify, I am definitely not a woman!
I knew it may flush you out.
Now we know you identify as a man.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Meaning you will make no comment on our players

Fair enough. Shouldn't hav pressed submit on that one.
Not really you just need to find a different way of asking for what you want. Let me try.

Hi Jaxons, love the dress!!

Do you know if:

Longer
Eli
Lonie
Templeton
Sinclair et al

Are thinking of taking a long term interstate trip or selling real estate any time soon?

Yours with faith.

Gary Teflon.

“Yeah….nah””
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
fugazi wrote:Meaning you will make no comment on our players

Fair enough. Shouldn't hav pressed submit on that one.
Not really you just need to find a different way of asking for what you want. Let me try.

Hi Jaxons, love the dress!!

Do you know if:

Longer
Eli
Lonie
Templeton
Sinclair et al

Are thinking of taking a long term interstate trip or selling real estate any time soon?

Yours with faith.

Gary Teflon.
Always compliment the dress....damn thats good

Nee!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Heeney could we do it? Get our foot in the door? Make an offer?

Heeney contract talks still to kick off
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/h ... o-kick-off
I wouldnt throw massive money at anyone but this kid I would....does nside/outside/kicks goals/can mark and play forward with Bont will be best player in league in 5 years.
if nothing else up the Sydney price they'll need to keep him
$1m over 5.

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Billy Longer would surely be in the frame for a possible trade if we're looking to trade for top 30 picks. Would be hungry for a regular senior gig you'd reckon and sounds like he's miles behind T.Hickey. And why would Jason Holmes be given another year and come into the seniors in front of Billy if that wasn't the case. And another observer with some ruck nous reckons Lewis Pierce will develop into a quality player.

Perhaps also one of Lonie, Eli, Sinclair, although I'd prefer to keep them. Those who manage the list will know way more than an armchair observer like me, but any of them could become very good players. Tom Lee maybe.

Who else is not a required player or someone we might trade and who has some currency?

Playon
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Playon wrote:Heeney could we do it? Get our foot in the door? Make an offer?

Heeney contract talks still to kick off
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/h ... o-kick-off
I wouldnt throw massive money at anyone but this kid I would....does nside/outside/kicks goals/can mark and play forward with Bont will be best player in league in 5 years.
if nothing else up the Sydney price they'll need to keep him
$1m over 5.
Yeah this kid has AA written all over him, may be hard to dislodge from the swans, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't ask the question,
Would make huge contribution to our side, the way I see it.

The Recruit
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:
jaxons wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
jaxons wrote:
The Recruit wrote:I don't care who Jaxons is but agree some more info would get us a bit more excited however from HIS most recent comment looks like trade week will be Steel for pick 48 this year or 36 next year :wink: and that's it.
We will go to the draft, use our pick ten and that's about the best of it.....zzzzzzzz but probably the right move

Your last sentence will prove to be very incorrect.
Interesting! I wonder how we're going to achieve that.

Jaxons, are we looking to downgrade our pick 10 to multiple picks?
To clarify 'The recruit' is suggesting we are getting Steele and that's all the activity we are doing this trade period, I am saying we will be more active than that.
What would the recruit know, until it's fact, SFA i think. :roll:
?? this is uncalled for

The Recruit
Club Player

Heeny is a gun. Can't see him leaving Sydney though. I am glad we will be more active...it means we will need to lose a player or 2...but 3 picks under 30 is very nice..!
Maybe Fyfe next year :wink:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:Heeny is a gun. Can't see him leaving Sydney though. I am glad we will be more active...it means we will need to lose a player or 2...but 3 picks under 30 is very nice..!
Maybe Fyfe next year :wink:
Seems to be the strategy. Continue to build depth through the draft, cherry pick one or two trades - i.e Steele....pity Marchbank didn't come off... and keep the powder dry and money in the bank for the right elite player through FA.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

At last, someone understands. Nothing wrong with going to the draft. We are contending in 2017, pure and simple. Doesn't mean we can't have an eye on the future as well. Top ten pick, Steele, Corr and another good'un and you could say we are in for a big finish.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:At last, someone understands. Nothing wrong with going to the draft. We are contending in 2017, pure and simple. Doesn't mean we can't have an eye on the future as well. Top ten pick, Steele, Corr and another good'un and you could say we are in for a big finish.
Taranto, Scrimshaw or Berry.
Steele
Corr

That would be a really good November trade period.

kalsaint
Club Player

damienc wrote:Jack Steele seems to be having a hard time deciding if he is staying or coming to us.

Another Giant similar to him might be equally an impressive prospect.

A midfielder called Jake Barrett. Has not played as many games as Steele but has been literally tearing it up in the NEAFL. I know not a world beating competition but Barrett has averaged more than 25 possessions per game. He was BOG in the Grand Final. Just can't push his way into the senior team.

I guess our club would be looking at him if he is any good. Not rumoured anywhere that I have seen if they are. Just like the sound of this kid.
Me too. Could be a real find but all the clubs will know about him. Read an article somewhere only today on this guy.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

damienc wrote:Jack Steele seems to be having a hard time deciding if he is staying or coming to us.

Another Giant similar to him might be equally an impressive prospect.

A midfielder called Jake Barrett. Has not played as many games as Steele but has been literally tearing it up in the NEAFL. I know not a world beating competition but Barrett has averaged more than 25 possessions per game. He was BOG in the Grand Final. Just can't push his way into the senior team.

I guess our club would be looking at him if he is any good. Not rumoured anywhere that I have seen if they are. Just like the sound of this kid.
Me too. Could be a real find but all the clubs will know about him. Read an article somewhere only today on this guy.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

kalsaint
Club Player

He's told us & GWS he wants to be a Saint. GWS have requested a 2nd round pick (next years will work) however thus far we haven't committed to that deal which is pissing the Giants off. We don't need to commit until trade period starts next week so I don't understand the big deal. Anyway, that's what I've been told. Looks like Steele will definitely be a Saint.
Well look at their side of the bargain. They have a buch of vultures looking to grab their past early draft picks so they potentially have the toughest trade period of all clubs. They would want some of these deals finalised in their minds so they get some clarity on what is on offer for the other contenders. No wonder they are getting pissed.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I know things can change at the last minute but I really think Steele is a lock.
Probably a worth a pick around 25 which is next year's 2nd rounder if we finish 8-10th again.
Probably seems fair.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Any truth in the rumour we are looking at NT boy and former Giant & Bomber Shaun Edwards as a delisted free agent.
Good size, very good athlete, real talent no doubt, just has not had the work ethic to succeed to date.

If the 'penny drops' and he was mentored by Rooey he could be a jet, or head back to NT and never be heard of again!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'm told that Steele is a lock by an ITK. Here's hoping. Club wants him as cheaply as possible. GWS wants more. Hang in there, trout and Ameet. He's ours and we don't have to give the farm away to get him. Me likely!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
shrodes
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote:Any truth in the rumour we are looking at NT boy and former Giant & Bomber Shaun Edwards as a delisted free agent.
Good size, very good athlete, real talent no doubt, just has not had the work ethic to succeed to date.

If the 'penny drops' and he was mentored by Rooey he could be a jet, or head back to NT and never be heard of again!
3 AFL games with a top up team playing doesn't give a good impression...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:

Well look at their side of the bargain. They have a buch of vultures looking to grab their past early draft picks so they potentially have the toughest trade period of all clubs. They would want some of these deals finalised in their minds so they get some clarity on what is on offer for the other contenders. No wonder they are getting pissed.

Pissed, as in pissed off = no way! They are laughing all the way to the bank as their strategy is working beautifully.

They are now churning through new top-end draft talent each and every year, and then get to keep it going for many many years by being able to trade away those that cannot make their best 22. The Academy Rort just further exacerbates the inequity by ensuring that get to queue jump to have the ability to select even more players at the top end rather than later in the draft.

This just means that the their best 22 (with some extras for depth) is going to just keep getting better and better for some years yet.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 06 Oct 2016 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
To the top
SS Life Member

IMO the ONLY reason Holmes (and Pierce with one game) got games in the absence of Hickey was because of the season Longer endured with his concerns including concussion.

Longer is a required player.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:IMO the ONLY reason Holmes (and Pierce with one game) got games in the absence of Hickey was because of the season Longer endured with his concerns including concussion.

Longer is a required player.

I disagree.

IMO:
1/ The club already knew that Pierce and Longer were good enough and would be retained unless we receive an attractive trader offer for one of them, in which one would be traded.
2/ The club had doubt about Holmes and wanted to see him play at the highest level again
3/ That for the Tigers match the club were keen to win that Holmes was actually a good match up against his opponent who had been racking up the hit outs at Richmond but who was poor around the ground.

If we retain all of Pierce, Longer and Holmes (and the club may) not all will be able to be groomed adequately in 2017.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

'We won't be trading Billy': Longer set to stay with Saints

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-06/w ... ith-saints

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:'We won't be trading Billy': Longer set to stay with Saints

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-06/w ... ith-saints
Interesting references beyond Billy in that piece, too, LL - Dempster, Fisher and Steele i.e extension, pending and what reads a bit like an intro - and throw in some GWS privilege commentary, just for fun.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021