Gone / delisted - Brooks, Watts, McQualter, Sheldon.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:Have sadly recieved confirmation from Jarryn Geary himself that he has been delisted
thats pathetic...Geary, Eddy and Attard all deserve to stay over Jones, McQualter and in particular Brooks

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Some of the rumours on this thread, plus the decision to recruit Schneider, Dempster and C Gardiner (and, to a lesser extent, King) all lend support to the idea that RL is still basically on about turning us into a carbon copy of the 2005 Swans.

Watts is a slow one grab FF. The 2005 Swans didn't have a player of this type, they had B Hall, who is extremely quick for a big man (much quicker than G Train, and we'll never know how seriously RL attempted to discourage G Train from hanging up his boots).

From what I've seen, Brooks is a fair bit quicker than Watts and perhaps a bit quicker than G Train. So the idea that he might be given a chance to show that he could turn into a B Hall-type forward makes sense: especially if M Gardiner arrives at training and doesn't look the goods fitness wise (which would explain the idea of a 3 week trial for Brooks: ie, because - if MG doesn't come up - Kosi will have to play in the ruck rather than exclusively at FF).

Schneider will, of course, play the same sort of role that he played at the Swans. Dempster can also be expected to fit well into the RL "carbon copy" game plan. Likewise C Gardiner, who can perhaps be pushed towards playing a bit of an O'Keeffe sort of role.

Does this all make some sense to anyone other than me?
No

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:Have sadly recieved confirmation from Jarryn Geary himself that he has been delisted
I can not believe it. He looked certain to be elevated after making huge improvement at Casey throughout the season and then being named as an emergency in round 22.

Has skills, pace, smarts and is a decent size. Would slot into our side very well. Didn't seem like someone who had a big attitude problem either.

I guess the reason he slipped into the second half of the rookie draft is why he was delisted. Would love to know what that reason is.

Shaggy
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
I can not believe it.
That makes two of us.

Quixote
SS Life Member

BS

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I guess you have to put faith in the coaches' judgement but sheesh ....

Geary would surely be better than the bloke we pick up with #74 in this year's draft?

Fair dinkum ......

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Were any reasons given?

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
Davo027 wrote:All I can say is that there is still a few looking over their shoulder.

But RL is playing it very well :)
Cheers Davo.....I look forward to a bit of carnage.....exactly what we need.

RL has stated he wants players with a hard work ethic and are prepared to train hard.......bye bye Brooksy!

Well said fellas......... and about bloody time too!

saintrod
Club Player

I have read all the rumours and can understand the arguments supporting the delistings although not neceasrily agreeing with them.

I just want to know when we are going to see something from the club to substantiate what has or hasn't happened.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

We will the club make a formal announcement?

We will the club make a formal announcement? All this rumour and innuendo cant be good for the players...let alone us supporters!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

ah well. nearly right bono.

just not mcqualter.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I hope it is wrong about Geary and Eddie. They both have more to offer than C.Jones.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I hope it is wrong about Geary and Eddie. They both have more to offer than C.Jones.
Not sure on that but it appears someone has been promoted as we have delisted or retired 9 and we have picked up 4 but only have 4 picks so someone has been promoted. My guess it is CJ. Attard is be retained. Wall is out. We can keep 2 others on the rookie list at the most.

Scoop
Club Player

CJ and Geary to be elevated to main list. VR was also to be elevated, but not now since we got King.

Attard, Eddy and VR to be kept as rookies. Wall let go.

Will take 4 picks in draft.

Further delisting(s) not out of the question, depending on who may be available in PSD.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

:D

Great to hear Scoop. Info much appreciated.

Another poster had me worried with talk we were delisting some of these rookies!!

All makes sense .....

Are you happy with the new football appointments?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:CJ and Geary to be elevated to main list. VR was also to be elevated, but not now since we got King.

Further delisting(s) not out of the question, depending on who may be available in PSD.

From what AF said today that actually doesnt make sense. He said we had 4 picks in the draft. What you have said only gives us 3 from where I see it.

Scoop
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote::D

Extremely so.

Also I think you have made a glaring omission in your sig. You should have Peake in there. Did a lot more in the trade negotiations than some on here are giving him credit for.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Great to hear Scoop. Info much appreciated.

Another poster had me worried with talk we were delisting some of these rookies!!
Well OWTS when it comes down to form who would you believe........?
or.....
Scoop wrote:CJ and Geary to be elevated to main list.

Reckon the voice of experience juuuuuust tips it in favour of Scoop

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:

Extremely so.

Also I think you have made a glaring omission in your sig. You should have Peake in there. Did a lot more in the trade negotiations than some on here are giving him credit for.
I will add him in ... :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:

Extremely so.

Again I doubt that. AF also said today that Tony Elshaugh did most of it with RL but hay what would he know.

Scoop
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
From what AF said today that actually doesnt make sense. He said we had 4 picks in the draft. What you have said only gives us 3 from where I see it.
Ahhh....well Plugger, I believe that there may be one more delisting that Archie didn't mention....but then again I could be wrong!!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scoop wrote:CJ and Geary to be elevated to main list. VR was also to be elevated, but not now since we got King.

I could be wrong but doesn't it come down to whether we put either harvs or max on the vets list. If we do they take one of the rookie list positions and thus we have that extra spot on the list?

btw thanks scoop, always helps having some inside info :) you and davo rock

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Scoop
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Scoop wrote:

Extremely so.

Again I doubt that. AF also said today that Tony Elshaugh did most of it with RL but hay what would he know.
Gee Plugger, it seems that I am wrong on all counts....since you seem to know everything, perhaps I will leave it up to you to bring us all the "inside info".

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

I reckon Geary was just playing the sympathy card to get into your knickers BB.

The young scamp!

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Scoop wrote:

Extremely so.

Gee Plugger, it seems that I am wrong on all counts....since you seem to know everything, perhaps I will leave it up to you to bring us all the "inside info".
What do you want to know. Said that brooks and maybe Watts would be gone 3 weeks ago and also said before it was in the paper that we are after Schneider but what would I know. Lucky guesses I suppose. By the way i didnt say you were wrong about the elevations I just wanted to know why AF said 4 and you explained it. I just heard that Peake didnt have alot to do with the trades but I could easily be wrong.

Keep giving us stuff and i will keep guessing mine.