Resignation of Archie Fraser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clobba
Club Player

Saints7 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:You're right, such shows as 'Soccer AM' still exist - and there's a 'Soccer Express' bus in Merseyside to get to games, for example.

So it will always have a small place - hence Socceroos.

However, football fans here have decided to reject the tag, so while you can call it what you want if it helps you sleep at night, they'll be calling it football.

I sure hope Archie Fraser can help bring the WC 2018 to Australia...I'd forgive him for everything :)
exactly right Everton,

I guess it depends on your upbringing what you call the code and in what context. I'm mad EPL and have lived in the UK. They call it football or footie all the time. But here in Oz we get soccer and football, football is the 'new' term for it here as we are participating in global events now regularly via Asian Cups, and Asian Champions League, and World Cups etc.

Rugby League supporters also call their code football and rugby, so its the same thing. Our newer followers to our code in the northern states refer to our game as football or AFL. So there is no right answer IMO.
Of course theres a "right" answer and its whatever I happen to think, and in this case I am perfectly happy to offer my opinion (since I am never asked for it I prefer to offer it or I would never be able to pontificate) we play football the world game is soccer and those Rugby types are deluded but since the mostly live up north who cares. :)

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

anybody going to wish archie good luck???

i think its great that this club has produced two ceo's that are seen in the real world of taking on bigger and more challenging positions

not what saintsational thinks of them...because a fair few on here could only dream of having the intelect to actually position themselves as a candidate for something like that

i hope the incoming ceo is someone that has been built from other organisations though...who see's the st kilda job as moving to bigger and better things...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
casey scorp
Club Player

I'm sure everyone wishes him good luck in his new role. But he isn't Saintsational, so it would seem strange to say it to him on here.

You could always send him an e-mail if you wish him all the best.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:anybody going to wish archie good luck???

i think its great that this club has produced two ceo's that are seen in the real world of taking on bigger and more challenging positions

not what saintsational thinks of them...because a fair few on here could only dream of having the intelect to actually position themselves as a candidate for something like that

i hope the incoming ceo is someone that has been built from other organisations though...who see's the st kilda job as moving to bigger and better things...
Actually quite a few on this thread wished him good luck, and many actually bothered to "ditto"

fingers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:
stinger wrote:the warning isn't for being right...it's for being wrong and being extremely offensive...the clown suggested we would all do the same thing...take a job heading up soccer in this country.......WRONG ......

i would have my balls removed first....then i would only be interested if i could disband the code.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ahhh... so you're one of these myopic tossers who can't appreciate both codes? Your one-sided ranting and raving now makes a little more sense.

i hate soccer...it is the mortal enemy of football....anyway it's a sissies game......played by children of homesick nationalistic bigots in the main......
As a proud fan of both codes I find this comment absolutely ridiculous....

but true........strike a nerve did i.......
To be honest, yes, I love both games, can't see why they are 'mortal enemies'....the 2 aren't even played in the same season.....but to say its a sissies game shows a clear lack of understanding for the world game
my opinion......and i have played all three codes......
You are trying to tell us you have played soccer. No one played soccer back when you were young enough. Why would anyone who hates the game as much as you bother to play it. I dont like it either so there is no chance I would waste my time playing it.

i'm not that old plugger ffs........i played in a commonwealth government inter agency competition in the sixties........s*** game.......but it filled in an afternoon away from the office with the bosses approval.........ps...we won most games.....

for the record......wtf would i have said i played if i didn't..... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hey look - we have one of those crazy eye things going....ooooohhhooaaooooaaaaah

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Done it via email and mobile mate, I have enjoyed continuous correspondence with him for about 6 weeks and is a true professional...

Any wonder why he was snapped up, yes again bad timing, but if opportunity comes up in running of a League, he would have been foolish to knock it back. A great selection by the A League and again I wish him well, our loss IMO.

We have had two of the best going in recent years and I hope that continues, but in essence we must move on and except it

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
saint66au wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
casey scorp wrote:
I also think he might have been short-changed by receiving some poor advice from others about the original Frankston project, which set a course from which there was no turning back and which ultimately will end up on the rocks – particularly if the project cost is starting to escalate (now $15 million according to the FFA site), with the Saints paying all costs over $9 million.

I reckon Archie might just be pleased to be out of St KFC.
Absolutely, he'd be tickled pink, when the shyte really does hit the fan, sunning himself on the Gold Coast and sipping pina colada's!

So is it already true that there are cost blowouts ( 15 million )?

With St kilda having to pay everything over 9 million the white elephant in the back blocks of Seaford, just gets bigger and bigger!
I've just had a gut full of your flowering CRAP....

Read the post about the clash strip/away strip....

AND GET A FLOWERING CLUE!

Your two year pathetic campaign is just getting too monotonous and flowering boring...

You can't even type St Kilda correctly and flowering carry on about tradition.

Yes this keyboard stuff can become tiresome and again I would like to meet you again at the football and really demonstrate just what I think of you.
Calm down...please!!
Why should I???

the poster has demonstrated that he has no idea of "tradition" and the requirement of the white strip... let alone on how to type St Kilda....

and yet he posts the same crapola time and time again
Because the bolded section of the above post could be construed as a threat...unless you'd care to explain what you meant?
Do you care to reply via PM or do you wish to carry this on to a PM??

Just don't leave this open ended in a public forum...

I did explain to you previously of just what I thought of this poster and just how much I flowing hate him...

I just hope the PM will suffice

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saint66au obviously is sticking up for barks once more plain to see

barks is going against forum policy however saints66au decides to pick out the other poster

typical

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Good luck Archis in your new position, and thanks for your four years at the Saints.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:saint66au obviously is sticking up for barks once more plain to see

barks is going against forum policy however saints66au decides to pick out the other poster

typical
This is what I am talking about saints66au. I'm not the only Saintsational member who is noticing the biased moderating.

HarveysDeciple

Cairnsman wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:saint66au obviously is sticking up for barks once more plain to see

typical
This is what I am talking about saints66au. I'm not the only Saintsational member who is noticing the biased moderating.
noticed...or perceived?

Barks has just returned from his second ban in the past 6 months.

He gets disciplined and warned, and just because you receive a warning does not mean others have as well.

Legendary
Club Player

Thankyou Archie so much!
  • You oversaw significant transitions in your time at the club, including the appointment of a new coach, new President, new CFO, new fitness staff, new support staff and new membership and marketing staff.
  • Sponsorship is up about 50% on when you joined the club.
  • We have a training base which will be one of the best in the AFL, of which construction will start in about 2 months.
  • The demolition and redevelopment of Moorabbin has been initiated.
  • The club has invested in recruiting players from Ireland and also boosted it's development and rookie capabilities.
  • You have aligned us with Sandringham in the VFL.

During your time at the club Archie, you have made many contributions, and your promotion to head of the A-League is certainly a well-earned one!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

typical
noticed...or perceived?

He gets disciplined and warned, and just because you receive a warning does not mean others have as well.
As we expect in our umpiring of AFL games, I think consistency is what is asked for.

It shouldn’t be difficult to achieve consistent consistency. For example in the second post of this thread a person is called an arsehole yet the poster is not warned and or the post deleted. Yet a moderator has no problem warning you if you use similar blatant abuse against same said poster in the same thread.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

typical
and there are more that have pm'd me without provocation either through a thread of pm

its not good and its incredibly obvious to see

obviously his/her's idea of trolling is something completely different....that or he/she decides to skip over barks repetitive posting and name calling...also his offensive religious postings that also go unpunished

gee the list goes on

Legendary
Club Player

Archie will be with the club for the next 2 months ... so until about Round 4.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

typical
noticed...or perceived?

As we expect in our umpiring of AFL games, I think consistency is what is asked for.

It shouldn’t be difficult to achieve consistent consistency. For example in the second post of this thread a person is called an arsehole yet the poster is not warned and or the post deleted. Yet a moderator has no problem warning you if you use similar blatant abuse against same said poster in the same thread.
is there an explanation for this???

HarveysDeciple

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

typical
and there are more that have pm'd me without provocation either through a thread of pm

obviously his/her's idea of trolling is something completely different....that or he/she decides to skip over barks repetitive posting and name calling...also his offensive religious postings that also go unpunished

gee the list goes on
You mean the offensive religious postings that led to him being banned?

Are they the ones your referring to as unpunished?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Legendary wrote:
[*] The demolition and redevelopment of Moorabbin has been initiated.

During your time at the club Archie, you have made many contributions, and your promotion to head of the A-League is certainly a well-earned one!
And this is a positive achievement, HOW ??? FFS. :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

typical

gee the list goes on
OK...fine...you dont like the way I moderate, please feel free to file a formal complaint to the other Administrators of this site with evidence of my failure to moderate in accordance of the rules....if they are in agreeance that Im not handling my responsibility correctly I will gladly stand down..to be honest its not much fun when you are verbally smacked in the head by people who perpetually grizzle because posters they dont like arent banned constantly.

Just one thing though. Your statement his offensive religious postings that also go unpunished is 1000% totally and utterly untrue. Barks4eva was suspended for his repeated comments on this topic, and warned again for repeating them. He told you himself he was but you obviously just get in a red rage every time you read one of his posts, so you perhaps didnt see it? Choose not to believe that if you wish, but nine Admins/mods on the site will back this up as fact...and as you are not privy to lists as to who is warned and who isnt..Im not sure how you can argue agaisnt it to be honest.

OK..thats my rant..balls in your court SP2008 and Cairnsman

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Agree 100%..nicely put :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

typical
noticed...or perceived?

FFS don't call this poster barks :roll:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

cheers..............................................

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

cheers..............................................
Yep, I am sure that I have motioned this somewhere

Yep I am sue I did mention this somewhere

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I think this thread has grown enough legs

Time for the return of..........

ashjam
Club Player

Legendary wrote:Thankyou Archie so much!
  • You oversaw significant transitions in your time at the club, including the appointment of a new coach, new President, new CFO, new fitness staff, new support staff and new membership and marketing staff.
  • Sponsorship is up about 50% on when you joined the club.
  • We have a training base which will be one of the best in the AFL, of which construction will start in about 2 months.
  • The demolition and redevelopment of Moorabbin has been initiated.
  • The club has invested in recruiting players from Ireland and also boosted it's development and rookie capabilities.
  • You have aligned us with Sandringham in the VFL.

Mr.Legendary

Some facts because you are a little misguided.

1) Anyone can oversee significant changes because one thing in life that is certain is change. He had nothing to do with the coach being removed, nothing to do with a new board coming in, and most of the staff that worked with him have left because of him.

2) Sponsorship may be up due to Jeldwen's involvement, but I can aaure you in his time at the club he did not bring in one cent of revenue in terms of a corporate sponsorship. Ask Archie

3) The training base is not his initiative or doing. He is merely following board directions.

4) Wow, he booked a demolition team, he probably got someone else to do that for him.

5) So do you honestly think he had anything to do with direction on getting rookies or players from Ireland? Purely a footy department decision.

6) Sandringham alignment is also a footy department decision.

His Real Achievements

* Has left the club with no strategic plan for the future from his perspective

* Did not raise any money in corporate sponsorship

* Burnt many staff members

* In 2007 & 2008 in boom economic times delivered a substantial loss to the board after forecasting significant profits.

GOOD RIDDANCE!