Match Day Thread - Coll v StK

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Oh well,
we played as bad as we can, and they played as well as they can, on our day we would beat them easily.

We had a few players who are not 100%:
Riewoldt just getting game time
Gram the same
Dal Santo being out really hurt us he is the mid that always plays a key role in our goals.

I know I will sound like a broken record but Dawson...seriously, someone needs to teach him how to play.

Kosi is a liability
as is Gilberts kicking....terrible.

Collingwoods pressure...brilliant
Ours....terrible

Not our day.......but we needed this, it is true we havent been playing well lately.

I was impressed with what steven did today and pattison showed his ability at times.

Round 16....oh well. Hopefully we can learn from this and build as a TEAM!!

Hopefully the boys train hard this week and the coaches take a good hard look at whats going on (THE FORWARD LINE!!!!!) and we come out firing next week agaisnt the hawks.

I will not be dwelling over this loss, its a real pain losing to the pies but who cares, suck it up and move on.

GO SAINTS
Add to this the tackle count was 77 to 54 Collingwood's way - most incredible was that we only had 3 less scoring shots :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I haven't seen the game...I was going to (I've recorded it).......and still might (sadly).

From a completely unemotional point of view I say it's no biggy. Let Collingwood get a fat head and we can pop it during the Finals! The Hawks are now on the agenda, and by the sounds of it, what better way to attack next weeks game with a supposedly insipid game today! We were 2nd on the ladder...it could have been worse and been the Crows! At least we had a top 4 side coming at us!

How did Roo go??? Love to hear a quick sentence or two ;) I was praying he'd get through this unscathed.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
widereceiver
Club Player

One thing we all agree on is we want the Saints to win, but the pathetic attacks on players a few weeks after we kept Geelong scoreless in a half are boring and gutless. Is it possible to block posts by the faint-hearted? I don't need to read your crap. Grow some, like you have the gall to ask the players to.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:
Moccha wrote:f*** Jones
f*** Gilbert
f*** McQualter

all useless
Useless Post!
Exactly!

McQualter doesn't get enough of the footy so when he has a chance he needs to take it. Jones can get it but continually kicks backward and butchers it, same with Gilbert who needs to learn to kick on his right. All teams know what these guys are up to and we end up playing into their hands.

Another opportunity awaits!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
Finna wrote:
Moccha wrote:f*** Jones
f*** Gilbert
f*** McQualter

all useless
Useless Post!
Exactly!

McQualter doesn't get enough of the footy so when he has a chance he needs to take it. Jones can get it but continually kicks backward and butchers it, same with Gilbert who needs to learn to kick on his right. All teams know what these guys are up to and we end up playing into their hands.
You can also add Fisher, Gram and Geary using your criteria. Drop everyone. :?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Too many unforced errors and jittery decision making that resulted in handing the ball to the opposition. Our most mistake-ridden game in a very long time. 59% kicking effieciency in the first half. Clearley our worst for the year.