Riewoldt has to be Joking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Has Roo lost his ability to judge the ball in flight?

I reckon at least four times last night I saw him get into a good position in front of his opponent and ended up being a metre under the ball. I know he takes the ball at the top of his reach but I couldn't believe how badly he was judging the ball. Has happened a few times this year and is really puzzling. I don't put that down to bad kicking as all Roo has to do is slow down by half a second to take it comfortably.

Is it me or is he not making as many leads this season? Whenever they show a down the ground angle he always seems to be going away from the player kicking towards goal, not leading. And when he does lead, its towards the pocket. I'd like to see him lead directly at the ball carrier, and not get so wide on his shots. We seem to have no confidence in him one-on-one anymore.

Riewoldts kicking is also shot which is a huge huge problem. Whenever he takes a mark inside 50 the confidence of the supporters just drops. He badly needs a game of 5+ goals to get some confidence back into him.

Its really painful to watch. I love Nick, while he's hated by many outside this club he gives his all every game. He certainly hasn't lost his huge tank and workrate, he just doesn't seem to be getting involved and dictating play like we are used to this year.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:Alas I feel the old St K trait of making every excuse under the sun for failure is creeping back in again.
The excuse is simple. It is Rooy's fault. Funny but I think sticking up for Rooy isnt looking for an excuse. Blaming Rooy is though.
I'm not just pointing the finger at Roo for last night’s loss. There were sub AFL performances from other highly paid players also. It’s fair enough you put in the odd bad game but when you get to the halfway mark of a season and your captain who is one of the highest paid players in the competition is not even in the top 50 players of the comp then surely he is not above criticism.

I suppose 2012 will be Riewoldt’s opportunity for redemption because expecting anything else other than average from him in 2011 is all we will get.
No youre not pointing your finger at him..much

Youre just calling him a "F***ing disgrace" and a "cancer"

Anytime you'd like to retract those statements and win yourself back any semblance of credibility you had on here.......
So hypothetically how much credit does Riewoldt have with you? Will you accept his current performance again in 2012? Or will your blind love for the man be endless? Or at some point will you put your support for the club and team above him and start to ask questions?

I think in this day and age that anybody in this world who earns the type of money Riewoldt does and also holds a senior position within an organization such as he does and also has demonstrated that he can perform at a standard far greater than the standard he is currently producing then has to accept the attention that will come when consistently performing below the previously set standards. Standards which earnt him the big money offers and responsibility of the captaincy in the first place.

I love the bloke too but my love is conditional and I will completely withdraw it this time next year if he is not back in the top 10 of AFL players.

Behind Play
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:Alas I feel the old St K trait of making every excuse under the sun for failure is creeping back in again.
The excuse is simple. It is Rooy's fault. Funny but I think sticking up for Rooy isnt looking for an excuse. Blaming Rooy is though.
I'm not just pointing the finger at Roo for last night’s loss. There were sub AFL performances from other highly paid players also. It’s fair enough you put in the odd bad game but when you get to the halfway mark of a season and your captain who is one of the highest paid players in the competition is not even in the top 50 players of the comp then surely he is not above criticism.

I suppose 2012 will be Riewoldt’s opportunity for redemption because expecting anything else other than average from him in 2011 is all we will get.

Anytime you'd like to retract those statements and win yourself back any semblance of credibility you had on here.......
So hypothetically how much credit does Riewoldt have with you? Will you accept his current performance again in 2012? Or will your blind love for the man be endless? Or at some point will you put your support for the club and team above him and start to ask questions?

I think in this day and age that anybody in this world who earns the type of money Riewoldt does and also holds a senior position within an organization such as he does and also has demonstrated that he can perform at a standard far greater than the standard he is currently producing then has to accept the attention that will come when consistently performing below the previously set standards. Standards which earnt him the big money offers and responsibility of the captaincy in the first place.

I love the bloke too but my love is conditional and I will completely withdraw it this time next year if he is not back in the top 10 of AFL players.
Leave the guy alone. Have a look at the game plan, which takes 5 minutes to get the ball to him from a kick out.
He has no help. He is double and trippled teamed and the ball is coming in to him all over the shop.
Roo needs assistance not crap.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

^ I think it's simply an old fashioned form slump, I've seen him drop marks one out in recent weeks, he also isn't the recipient of excessive delivery anymore.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:^ I think it's simply an old fashioned form slump, I've seen him drop marks one out in recent weeks, he also isn't the recipient of excessive delivery anymore.
Yep that has worked a treat. We manage now not to kick it to him as much anymore but we have only won 4 games and lost 7. He is also out of form. Is both because we dont kick it to him as much anymore. At least we're not reliant on just one player now. Pity we are an ordinary side though.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Awesome thread.

One of the finest ever to grace the pages of Saintsational.

Everyone should feel very proud of their wonderful work.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Awesome thread.

One of the finest ever to grace the pages of Saintsational.

Everyone should feel very proud of their wonderful work.
It's a wee ripper :wink:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

clisaint
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Unbelievable. Just go and follow the Suns.