No Fat Chicks - Saints in the papers again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

Re: No Fat Chicks - Saints in the papers again

this thread is lame

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Very odd interview, why is she chasing 'nobodies' around an airport stalking them for photos?

She sounds like damaged goods well before this… 'periwinkle tattoo' in support of eating disorder victims? WTF

This may or may not be true, but regardless, the image of the entire club is damaged here. You would think that after the Duthie saga that just maybe not everything a 'fan' comes out and says is necessarily true…

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Very odd interview, why is she chasing 'nobodies' around an airport stalking them for photos?

She sounds like damaged goods well before this… 'periwinkle tattoo' in support of eating disorder victims? WTF

This may or may not be true, but regardless, the image of the entire club is damaged here. You would think that after the Duthie saga that just maybe not everything a 'fan' comes out and says is necessarily true…
do we have another..KD
she and her family were supposedly happy with the Clubs response yesterday But today she is' speaking again' - they have given her a public 'voice'- will she also become addicted to that ' voice'
the public womens rights defenders will comment next-
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 19 Jul 2012 12:35am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Just out of interest, what clubs has kneel mitchell run stories about in the past 5 or so years? I don't listen to the twat myself, so I only read about him when he is getting stuck into us. Does he go every club? or does he only get his panties in a bunch when it's us?

Does anyone here actually listen to him?

As for this "story", when there is something more than a phone call from a disenchanted OPPOSITION fan, THEN we can concern ourselves with whether or not there is any fact in the matter. And besides, I once overheard mitchell calling your mum a fat slag, just because she'd witnessed him selling heroin in kindergartens. Why would your mum lie?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm...

Young girl approaches Saints players she can't recognise
Players inexplicably don't sign an autograph for a suppossed fan
Players unprovokingly insult suppossed fan
Girl tells mum who rather than initally contact club, decides to alert the media
Pelchen approaches players that deny claim
Pelchen ensures club donates money to butterfly foundation
Players involved still cannot be identified

Conclusion... the story seems somewhat illogical

If this really happened I find it hard to believe that
a) players couldn't be identified
b) players would lie about it - in a public setting like that, you'd only lie if you knew with 100% certainty that you wouldn't get caught... otherwise you risk coming across as a massive tool
c) the girls mum contacting the media 1st is just plain illogical

bigred
Saintsational Legend

That 3aw "blog" is trash.

This whole thing is a load of lies.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
defacto
Club Player

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stkildajason3votes
Club Player

Actually going to all the Vic matches we fair very good in the looks department except for a fox that supports richmond. Don't despair I'm looking for her.
j

supersaints
Club Player

andrewg wrote:this thread is lame
My thoughts exactly.
My theory is that the girs obviously misheard what was said
It was Dal saying " I don't want my photo taken with a fat Dick"

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

7 pages so far.

I'm only 13 away from being correct.

I can't understand why my bet on Sippo kicking the first goal wasn't on the money.

I'll have to load up on that one again this week.

More of a chance this week at the SCG being a really small ground.

He won't be $15 again though I'm thinking.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA, that was an underrated post and I'm sorry it didn't get more attention.
BackFromUSA wrote:It has been scientifically proven that the diet of a child in the formative years predetermines their adult weight range and there is very little that can be done to deviate that ... although surgical options are available, these have proven to be extremely dangerous. This is not an excuse. It is not a 'disease'. It is biology.
So true. This is like a lot of things in that it's caused by parents' "poor" (or uninformed) choices, rather than poor choices of an individual.

Makes it easy to see where all the nanny state policies come from. If your parents can f*** you up and then that costs society, there's a pretty straightforward argument for not giving parents so much leeway in how they raise their kids.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I just curiously looked at the 25 man squad that travelled to Sydney.

Not sure any of them are tall with chestnut hair.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I just curiously looked at the 25 man squad that travelled to Sydney.

it's gilbo, surely, if that's the description?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SainterK wrote:I just curiously looked at the 25 man squad that travelled to Sydney.

without a doubt. who else could it be. :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The team was perfectly sound before Dunell started playing :)
I blame him.

Kate
Club Player

bergholt wrote:

I wouldn't have described Gilbo as a "Chestnut" either. More of a grubby blonde.

Big Mac?
BJ?

Doesn't fit any of them particularly well.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Back from USA you dont really go to the gym 7 days a week do you? if you do...thats not something to be proud of.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:BackFromUSA, that was an underrated post and I'm sorry it didn't get more attention.
BackFromUSA wrote:It has been scientifically proven that the diet of a child in the formative years predetermines their adult weight range and there is very little that can be done to deviate that ... although surgical options are available, these have proven to be extremely dangerous. This is not an excuse. It is not a 'disease'. It is biology.
So true. This is like a lot of things in that it's caused by parents' "poor" (or uninformed) choices, rather than poor choices of an individual.

Makes it easy to see where all the nanny state policies come from. If your parents can f*** you up and then that costs society, there's a pretty straightforward argument for not giving parents so much leeway in how they raise their kids.
Rubbish. And while BFUSA may be correct on weight ranges as an adult, this does not mitigate the fact that individuals still have a resoponsibility to improve their diet and their BMI ratings.

As i said previously, my problem with weight was poor diet, poor choices, and lack of exercise. The diet, was from my formative years but I can take responsibility for what goes into my mouth as an adult. According to the BMI I am still obese even though I have lost 27 kgs and and down to 87kgs. If I hit the magic 25 mark for my BMI I look drawn and haggard.

Really many people are clinically "overweight" andn thats acceptable if it doesn't affect your health. But nobody can deny that there is an epidemic of morbidly obese individuals, and the stage 2 diabeties disease is rampant and gettign worse.

This is all attributable to this countries eating habits and will cause and is causing a huge burden on the health system. Not only that, it causes terrible diseases like circulation issues, heart and other vital organ issues, and many other horrible and debilitating diseases.

I think it is just too simplistic to blame formative years. It is really quite simple, take out more kilojoules than you put in and the stored energy you carry about by way of fat will be utilised and your weight comes down.

its not rocket surgery.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I saw Jack Watts at Southland this morning - he made eye contact and smiled at me - shall I ring up and cry sexual harassment??????

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:I saw Jack Watts at Southland this morning - he made eye contact and smiled at me - shall I ring up and cry sexual harassment??????

whos that?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Austinnn
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:its not rocket surgery.
But then again, what is rocket surgery? :wink:

I know plenty of people who were chubby kids and went on to be adults with no weight issues. I also know plenty of kids of average build who went on to be overweight adults.

In Australia, there is a tendency - especially outside of the metropolitan areas - to eat a lot of 'old school' Anglo cuisine and junk food, which simply put, will make anyone overweight if you don't supplement it with plenty of exercise and fresh fruit and veg. Also, perhaps because of the climate, the consumption of soft drinks is well above the recommended level. A mate of mine who was visiting from country Victoria told me that right now most of the health issues in Australia are linked to high sugar intake and he blamed the rows and rows of soft drink available in supermarkets.

Who knows, but to an extent, I'll go along with JB; we as individuals have a responsibility to ourselves to make healthy choices and while it's nice that care exists for the extreme cases who are incapable of doing that, and we should value individuals regardless of how attractive they are, we all have the ability to make ourselves better and self-determination should absolutely be encouraged.

It doesn't matter if or why this girl is fat in the end, it matters that players from St Kilda aren't clever enough to save their snide remarks about the general public for when they are sure not to offend. That is what concerns me. We all make disparaging jokes about people, but most of us have the good grace or wit to not get caught. Not a good look. I still have my doubts whether it happened, but if it did, they ought to be taught to show more respect and not to be stupid enough to bitch about people around strangers; in this day and age, every stranger is only a phone call away to 3AW or HeraldScum.

Also, the only player who I definitely know has chestnut hair = Kosi, maybe Ferguson, it's a dark brown colour. I would suggest that in a group of people where the height of the shortest member is around 175cm and the average is over 6 foot, the adjective "tall' isn't very helpful.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:As i said previously, my problem with weight was poor diet, poor choices, and lack of exercise. The diet, was from my formative years but I can take responsibility for what goes into my mouth as an adult.
sure, that was how it worked for you. that doesn't mean that's how it works for everyone. there are physiological reasons why a poor diet during developmental years can - depending on the individual - cause serious problems with weight control as an adult. if you end up in that place then regardless of how much you exercise and how well you eat, you may not be able to get to a "reasonable" weight.

so you can't just sit there and say that you were ok and everyone else should be the same as you. that's just not how it works.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

jays wrote:But rude would like to no which players it was
allegedley Jay...ALLEGEDLEY.....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Have a perve...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.