Milne and OBrien investigation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne and OBrien investigation

SaintPav wrote:
why did Harry want mediation? Was he offended?
Dealing with galballys. More about perceptions than facts. If what CURLY says is true, then Milne has had some very good advice.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said O'Brien wasn't affected by the remark by Milne.

"Harry straight after the game wanted nothing to do with it (making any complaint)," Buckley told radio station 3AW on Thursday night.

"He wasn't offended. He wasn't affected by it.

"Our understanding is it's not vilification unless the person receiving the comments is concerned by it.

"I think we're all concerned by the slur itself and the fact it gets out in the open forum because people are going to be offended when a comment like that gets out in the open forum.

"But for Harry's part it didn't affect him on the night."

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

this world as I know it is becoming a basket case before my very eyes, I'm glad I have lived in a time of some sanity.
I am to retire soon and more than willing to jump ship and leave this crap to the remaining poor buggers. Out of the bigsmoke and off to a certain amount of seclusion.
What a load of absolute S H I T !

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

So Harry O is gay, not that there's anything wrong with that. He might as well come out now.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
chook23 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Take this as gospel as its straight from the horses mouth. Milne was asked to go to mediation with Harry O. Milne was more than happy to do so. Milne was told he was not allowed to release to the public what he called Harry O which was HOMO. Milne refused and said that if he didnt he would be labelled a racist if the media and public werent to know the truth. Collingwood came back and said it must be kept in house and would Milne reconsider his stance. Again Milne said he wouldnt as he wasnt prepared to take the added heat that would generate. Collingwood then withdrew the complaint.
so the ump took it further? or

afl took it further?

hence the investigation?

Collingwood took at further but demanded Milne play to there rules and not release what he called Harry. Milne refused twice and mediation didnt take place. Collingwood withdrew there complaint.

Someone with a Bigfooty account please post the truth.
was any part of it that harry may also have to admit to what he may have said to Milney?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said O'Brien wasn't affected by the remark by Milne.

"Harry straight after the game wanted nothing to do with it (making any complaint)," Buckley told radio station 3AW on Thursday night.

"He wasn't offended. He wasn't affected by it.

"Our understanding is it's not vilification unless the person receiving the comments is concerned by it.

"I think we're all concerned by the slur itself and the fact it gets out in the open forum because people are going to be offended when a comment like that gets out in the open forum.

"But for Harry's part it didn't affect him on the night."
"........but we (Collingwood FC) needed something to distract the public from our player turning up to training under the influence of unknown substances and we hate Milne so we chucked it out there."

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood took at further but demanded Milne play to there rules and not release what he called Harry. Milne refused twice and mediation didnt take place. Collingwood withdrew there complaint.

Someone with a Bigfooty account please post the truth.[/quote]

was any part of it that harry may also have to admit to what he may have said to Milney?[/quote]

That wasnt mentioned. Milney was just determined that he wasnt going to take the heat and extra scrutiny a racist remark would incure. Collingwood didnt want the public to know Milne called Harry a HOMO.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Munga
Saintsational Legend

So he called him a homo??

homocercal
homoerotic
homoeroticism
homoeroticisms
homogametic
homogamies
homogamous
homogamy
homogenate
homogenates
homogeneities
homogeneity
homogeneous
homogeneously
homogeneousness
homogeneousnesses
homogenies
homogenisation
homogenisations
homogenise
homogenised
homogenises
homogenising
homogenization
homogenizations
homogenize
homogenized
homogenizer
homogenizers
homogenizes
homogenizing
homogenous
homogeny
homogonies
homogony
homograft
homografts
homograph
homographic
homographs
homoiotherm
homoiothermic
homoiotherms
homoiousian
homoiousians
homolog
homologate
homologated
homologates
homologating
homologation
homologations
homological
homologically
homologies
homologize
homologized
homologizer
homologizers
homologizes
homologizing
homologous
homologs
homologue
homologues
homology
homolyses
homolysis
homolytic
homomorphic
homomorphism
homomorphisms
homonuclear
homonym
homonymic
homonymies
homonymous
homonymously
homonyms
homonymy
homoousian
homoousians
homophile
homophobe
homophobes
homophobia
homophobias
homophobic
homophone
homophones
homophonic
homophonies
homophonous
homophony
homoplasies
homoplastic
homoplasy
homopolar
homopolymer
homopolymeric
homopolymers
homopteran
homopterans
homopterous
homosapien
homoscedastic
homoscedasticities
homoscedasticity
homosex
homosexes
homosexual
homosexualities
homosexuality
homosexually
homosexuals
homosocial
homosocialities
homosociality
homospories
homosporous
homospory
homothallic
homothallism
homothallisms
homotransplant
homotransplantation
homotransplantations
homotransplants
homozygoses
homozygosis
homozygosities
homozygosity
homozygote
homozygotes
homozygous
homozygously

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:this world as I know it is becoming a basket case before my very eyes, I'm glad I have lived in a time of some sanity.
I am to retire soon and more than willing to jump ship and leave this crap to the remaining poor buggers. Out of the bigsmoke and off to a certain amount of seclusion.

As a person who is s*** I take great offence at those words and that appalling reference to homosexuals "buggers" has upset my myriad men who like men friends. Referring to our grand city as smokey when we have done so much to ban cigarettes is demeaning to the thousands who have fought for the rights of non smokers.

Jumping ship has hurt the feelings of the suicidal and has made several more likely now end it. Further more my good man the term basket case is a hideous old fashioned term designed to make out those that are mentally ill are less valued members of our super cohesive society. For shame.

Bragging about your eye sight may hurt a few of the visually impaired reading this also so quit your bragging.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Gringo...you feel my pain.

PS I have spent a big part of my life attempting to make the city a little less smokey ;)
Last edited by The Fireman on Thu 09 Aug 2012 11:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:this world as I know it is becoming a basket case before my very eyes, I'm glad I have lived in a time of some sanity.

As a person who is s*** I take great offence at those words and that appalling reference to homosexuals "buggers" has upset my myriad men who like men friends. Referring to our grand city as smokey when we have done so much to ban cigarettes is demeaning to the thousands who have fought for the rights of non smokers.

Jumping ship has hurt the feelings of the suicidal and has made several more likely now end it. Further more my good man the term basket case is a hideous old fashioned term designed to make out those that are mentally ill are less valued members of our super cohesive society. For shame.

Bragging about your eye sight may hurt a few of the visually impaired reading this also so quit your bragging.
We have officially gone mad when there is a push to have pedophiles referred to as "minor-attracted people" :shock:

Saintersss
Club Player

No point fighting it. St Kilda has learnt from the Kim Duthie episode it is just best to accept and deal with it as quick as possible so that the media move on, rather than denying and fighting it and having it drag on for weeks.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:No point fighting it. St Kilda has learnt from the Kim Duthie episode it is just best to accept and deal with it as quick as possible so that the media move on, rather than denying and fighting it and having it drag on for weeks.
Yep, as I said previously
Dr Spaceman wrote: As harmless as it probably was, and as unfazed as O'Brien seems to be, a St Kilda attack on the AFL would simply be portrayed by the media as "Saints fight for the right to use homophobic taunts".

No matter how untrue that is, it would nonetheless be a public relations disaster in these times of struggling sponsorship and membership.

It grates but we just have to suck it up. We have no other choice   :(

Richter
SS Life Member

I suppose I should hardly be surprised, but I for one am disappointed in Milney. You don't have to be gay to be offended by homophobic insults, just as you don't have to be black to be offended by racist ones. No, I don't like that he has to put up with the abuse he receives but neither does that give him carte blanche to say whatever he likes either.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
villasaint
Club Player

I would have preferred for him to just keep his mouth shut last weekend. His ill discipline cost us 2 50m penalties. I'm more concerned how they affected us on the day than what happens to him now.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

villasaint wrote:I would have preferred for him to just keep his mouth shut last weekend. His ill discipline cost us 2 50m penalties. I'm more concerned how they affected us on the day than what happens to him now.
his ill discipline??? 2 way street buddy and thats what makes this thing a massive charade, who knows what OBrien said???who cares right? but no...Milney holds the can..he cops it..not only from the frigging media and lame brain oppo supporters but even from his own supporters.... Good on Milne for sticking up for himself and for the detractors of this this little chap....up yours.

amusingname
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
There's a contradiction in terms!

villasaint
Club Player

So giving away two 50s is not ill discipline. If he kept his mouth shut when it didn't go his way then he wouldn't have been fined or given away the 50,s. I luv Miley and his yap is great but you have to learn when to watch ur p's and q's.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:"........but we (Collingwood FC) needed something to distract the public from our player turning up to training under the influence of unknown substances and we hate Milne so we chucked it out there."

Austinnn
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
chook23 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Take this as gospel as its straight from the horses mouth. Milne was asked to go to mediation with Harry O. Milne was more than happy to do so. Milne was told he was not allowed to release to the public what he called Harry O which was HOMO. Milne refused and said that if he didnt he would be labelled a racist if the media and public werent to know the truth. Collingwood came back and said it must be kept in house and would Milne reconsider his stance. Again Milne said he wouldnt as he wasnt prepared to take the added heat that would generate. Collingwood then withdrew the complaint.
so the ump took it further? or

afl took it further?

hence the investigation?

This is a bloody sham, we are being done up here again by the pies, and I would love our club to take it all the way to try and redress the balance, and stop the demonisation of Stephen Milne.

I'd like to add that unlike most posters here, I have no problem at all with Harry O'Brien as a person, which isn't to say that I think he's fantastic or should be knighted, but I don't have a problem with him. I think it's great to see someone using their status as a footballer to do more than get free drinks or loose women. Don't even have a problem with the Obama idea, he's a forward thinking national sports personality, he's got just as much right to want to meet Obama as the next bloke, he lives in a bubble which tells him that Sports people are national heroes and can do things that we the public can't, that's his only fault. The amount of vitrol on here reserved for a player, simply because he is a bit self-righteous and trying to make the world a better place, is embarrassing and says far more about posters' insecurities and inadequacies than it does about Harry O'Brien.

All the people trying to claim that "F***in' Homo" isn't a bad insult by looking at the word rather than its meaning are patheticly naive:

* It doesn't matter who is or isn't gay here. Milne, O'Brien and Margetts could all be gay and it wouldn't change the fact that this word is an offensive insult.
* It's not such a bad word, but neither is 'black' or 'holy' or 'mum' or 'petrol' - it's the context that is the problem. If he'd said it in a pub there would be no big issue, but he said it on TV in front of loads of spectators. Just as urinating is not a huge problem when its behind a car tyre at midnight, but definitely not OK on TV in front of a huge crowd.
* Yes, the world has changed/gone mad/whatever. People said exactly the same thing hundreds of years ago when society let women vote, or when they stopped slavery. Its called progression. And they reacted the same way to what I just said as you probably just have. Hopefully your kids will be a bit more with it. Yes, it comes close to an Orwellian scenario, but I think that society is trying to redress the crimes of the past a bit and I think eventually we'll find a balance. Please be patient.

That said, Harry O'Brien is a Pies player and if he isn't going to come clean on exactly what was said by both parties now that Milne's been done over again, then he is just as bad as their fat-headed president and a hypocrite. (I still won't hate him by the way, but it will be disappointing)

We all hear the abuse that Milney cops and he just gets on with it, the Pies won't be happy until Milney retires in shame.

Want a ridiculous conspiracy theory? I saw that Dane Swan and Andrew Lovett were hanging out at some birthday party on the weekend, and it made me wonder if the Collingwood Football Club is out to get us because they are getting us back for sacking that player. Yeah, bit of a long shot.

Why does Collingwood hate us so much, why don't they leave us alone? Are they so scared of us? They already stole one of our better players, and their last match, why can't they just try and beat us normally without resorting to dirty tricks? Why do the Herald Sun hate us so much, What did we do to them? They must know that we'll never go away.

In the English Premier League, the fans of Liverpool FC refuse to buy a leading newspaper because of the lies that were told about their part in the Hillsborough disaster in 1989. 23 years ago, the sales of that newspaper in that region are still very low. I think it's time that we as Saints supporters told the Herald Sun that we've had enough of their vilification by doing the same. The Age are no angels either, but there's a clear difference. As far as I'm concerned any Saints fan who reads the Herald Sun articles, in their paper or on their website, is contributing to our demise.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Surely he is smart enough to come up with something better than that.
smart enough? milney? not sure that's something he's ever been accused of.

I heard some pretty dumb people be very good sledgers. Milney has had years of practice. I thought he may have learnt some good lines. He should come here occasionly. There are some good and some very bad ones on here.
sledging isnt that easy. you really only have a few categories:

1. ur not a good player
2. ur not a good bloke
3. ur not good looking
4. the old sexually chestnut
5. some other physical attribute that is unusual

maybe the saints should hire stev waugh as a sledging consultant. it seems he did a great job with the aussie swim team - only it seems he sledged them and caused mental disintegration rather than on the opposition. slight oversight from tugga.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Can anyone confirm whether or not Harry is gay?
I can't but I shaged a bloke once who can.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

My wife's brother is gay and I've met a few of his gay friends.

A few years, I was talking to this guy who followed the footy. This was during the Ben Cousins stuff and all the gay guys loved him!
Anyway, this guy got a text from his gay mate in Melbourne. He looked at his phone and started laughing. The text said, 'guess who I slept with last night - KOUTA'!

I thought that was hilarious! Also, they all said that the swimmer Thorpe was gay but they werent sure why he hadn't come out

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Was Malthouse fined for calling Milne "a rapist"?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Was Malthouse fined for calling Milne "a rapist"?
was that discriminatory against rapists?