2013 SPONSORSHIP GROUP

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint6
Club Player

Re: 2013 SPONSORSHIP GROUP

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Some of you regulars must have a few spare dollars or do you think it is fair MM pays about $1200 for a player and still lets us win the prizes. Seriously that is unfair. Come on some out there have doctors in the family or other reasonably high paying jobs. Surely you can spend at least $20.
I have huge sympathy with MM, and if he is out of pocket I would have no hesitation to kick in. If you are reading this MM please PM me.

But I will not have my name on the sponsor's list as long as the club continues to treat it's player sponsors as cash cows, with no pretence of providing some sort of value for that cash.

My family individually sponsored players up to 2012, until the lack of organisation and appreciation from the club finally pissed me off.

So don't blame SS's current malaise for the sponsor situation; it runs deeper than that.

Have to disagree about your comments. Think the player sponsorship program provides excellent value for the sponsors.
Have not had a problem with communications - the club sends out a calendar before the season starts so easy enough to organise the work roster around events as we are given plenty of notice. In fact the calendar was sent out in early february.
The only small issue last year was that the date of the best and fairest was changed at short notice due to the team failing to make the finals but I did not see this as a problem.
I really dont know what more you would suggest that the club do for the sponsors. We sponsor two players individually and as far as I am concerned the value of the sponsorship is approximately what it would cost to attend all events if we were to pay for them.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2013 SPONSORSHIP GROUP

I sponsor a player also and find it to be very good value as I essentially look at it as a donation to the club and I get some value back in return which is all a bonus. It also means now the players I have sponsored over the years know my 8 year old son from some of the functions and from open days at training and as a result he feels a real connection to the club.

But the real upside is that it provides money for the club to hopefully spend on better recruiting, better player development and hopefully better coaches so we can achieve the ultimate goal - a premiership.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"