Keep Dal At Saints Campaign

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Greg T
Club Player

Re: Keep Dal At Saints Campaign

He could end up at any top club,Hawks, Freo,Geelong ,Swans....etc
Tear the guts out of the club when you directly take the fabric out of the place...
Are we so flipping desperate we axe a favorite son?
You would like his replacement to be a 260 plus player.....
But really who would want him running around without his Saints jumper......
In this instance , forget the draft pick....

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
lefty wrote:If we loose NDS, kiss 3x membership for next season goodbye, might be some 'best interest' for the club to keep in mind.
NDS is like the heart of the club...
why wait? If you are that precious and put players ahead of the club, you shouldn't be a member or support our great club.

We dont need hysterics threatening the club. That type of medicore thinking holds back a club.
Yes Lefty. How dare you think its in the best interests of the club to keep a player who's shown loyalty to the club over big bucks, is a great media performer and still the most skilful player in the team with tonnes of midfield experience to teach. Go join those hysterical Hayes lovers with all their bulls*** about "heart and soul". Bah! what a crock. Look how well Melbourne have done getting rid of their oldies? Dude, don't trust anyone over 30! Totes Redonk

123Saints
Club Player

Newman wrote:I wrote a letter to Dal, Watters and Nettlefold.

My letter from Scott Watters reads: "Thank you for your letter and ongoing support of the St Kilda Football Club. Please be assured that all decisions made regarding our playing list will be made in the best interests of the Club. GO SAINTS! - Kind regards, Scott Watters.

Is there an email address for Watters?

Can't sleep thinking about all this. If barracking for the players is not what it's about then I'm lost. I'm not interested in 22 randoms playing for our club or the latest draft pick. If Dal is pushed out the door it will be a costly exercise for the cub removing our motto from all club branding.

How many St Kilda people do we have to put up with losing?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
lefty wrote:If we loose NDS, kiss 3x membership for next season goodbye, might be some 'best interest' for the club to keep in mind.
NDS is like the heart of the club...
why wait? If you are that precious and put players ahead of the club, you shouldn't be a member or support our great club.

We dont need hysterics threatening the club. That type of medicore thinking holds back a club.
Yes Lefty. How dare you think its in the best interests of the club to keep a player who's shown loyalty to the club over big bucks, is a great media performer and still the most skilful player in the team with tonnes of midfield experience to teach. Go join those hysterical Hayes lovers with all their bulls*** about "heart and soul". Bah! what a crock. Look how well Melbourne have done getting rid of their oldies? Dude, don't trust anyone over 30! Totes Redonk

he is talking about not taking up memberships if a player leaves. Is it in the best interests of the club that supporters hold the club to ransom with threats?

And where did Lenny hayes come into the equation? Are you saying that we are trying to trade Lenny hayes even though we just signed him?

Oh you are correct, no hysterics and dummy spits here :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

123Saints wrote:[Can't sleep thinking about all this. If barracking for the players is not what it's about then I'm lost. I'm not interested in 22 randoms playing for our club or the latest draft pick. If Dal is pushed out the door it will be a costly exercise for the cub removing our motto from all club branding.
lol - they are ALL randoms. Ever heard of the draft?
123Saints wrote:[How many St Kilda people do we have to put up with losing?

As many as it takes to get a winning team. Team over player, Club over player, every single day of the week.

And what with the "pushed out". Both he and the club activated the one year clause for him to stay. He would WANT to go if he goes.

Geez more hysterics :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kimberly saint
Club Player

you cant be to hard on supporters for being so passionate for saints players , but unfortunately the club needs to move forward and if the right deal comes up great.

cant keep comparing us to melb in regards to trading out blokes, they had no leaders to start with before couple left . We will still have few running around

spert
Saintsational Legend

Interesting to see Buddy probably going to the Swans and I thought his efforts in the last part of the season were OK, but not brilliant for him- clearly he had ideas of going elsewhere and it reminds me of NDS who just cruised through a lot of this season as did Goddard in his last season with us..doing just enough, almost in preservation mode.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Greg T wrote:On SEN today KB mentioned that dal should stay.
The club has still not decided on Dal , which I think is not treating him with the respect he deserves.
He also mentioned Monty is being chucked on the table as well.
Said it would destroy the fabric of the club.I tend to agree.
Maybe that's what Finey has been on about at the club.
You would think SW would realistically move Heaven and Earth to keep them
Worse move possible for the club,seems there is alot of unhappy campers ATM ..
Seriously??

KB is now an authorative expert on St Kilda's trade news??

Destroy the fabric of the club??

Was St Kilda's fabric destroyed when we moved on Lockett??

Was St Kilda's fabric destroyed when we moved on Winmar??

Was Hawthorn's fabric destroyed when they moved on Brereton?

What about the numerous other champions that have moved clubs - was the fabric of the club they moved from destroyed?

Seriously??

Re: Monty - the article in the Heraldsun which KB probably got his insight from mentions that Monty will be staying if anything - but how did you put it "chucking him on the trade table"

Seriously??

Re: Dal - he has actually come out and said he would be happy to move if it was the best thing for the club in the long run - but now he is being disrespected even though he is currently on holiday in Thailand and most definitely has a firm grip of the situation and understands and knows that more time is needed.

Obviously you don't!!

Your agenda to have SW moved on is blindingly obvious - you have made no secret of it - but you are insulting the forum's intelligence with your ridiculous over reactions thinking they actually might influence someone else
Great response Devilhead however I don't think it'll actually sink through to him. Trying to convince numpties and nuff nuffs through rational intelligent debate is a waste of time!!

avid
Club Player

Just want to keep this topic near the top of the list.

Go Dal!

I mean, Stay Dal!

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

avid wrote:Just want to keep this topic near the top of the list.

Go Dal!

I mean, Stay Dal!
Given what I regard as a poor offer for Dal tonight, BUMP again!

Always loyal
Club Player

The draft is still a lottery- look at Jack Watts, the # 1 for Gods sake and looking like he will never really live up to it. In Nick we have a class player, who wants to play for us and his mates, who is worth his place in the side for years to come and who is another voice the young players will hear as he tells them the story of the Saints! Football Clubs are those stories, unsuccessful clubs need them more than most. Why do we keep up the passion, contain the anguish and defy the rush to the life boats- because we remember. The abuse when standing in the outer at Vic Park, the joy of watching plugger sink the blues, the incredulity on the face of opposition players as # 35 weaved his magic and the inexhaustible efforts of our current Captain has he shows the commitment modern football demands. Dal is part of our story. We will win the big one, and win it the right way. But I will not accept that our club should see the players as commodities - doing so has not done the Dons much good!

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Lose NDS and replace him with a compo pick and/or another player.
Maybe the replacement will come good in 2-3 years, maybe not.
Unknown. But...what we do know is, the first hard tag will go onto Jack Steven.
Makes it so much easier for enemy coaches.
Keep NDS, opposition has to work harder on our midfield.
We keep talent & quality in our midfield, along with the mentoring on and off field.
I worked at one place where a 20 year employee was made redundant, and it was soon realised that losing that much experience was crazy. He was a mentor to lots of junior staff. Huge loss.
Con will say "we aren't a retirement village" but ya gotta make a stand somewhere and Dal is not a pensioner.
If he is of value to the Roos, then he is of value to us!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
asaint
Club Player

Not sure why people are talking up roos as contenders as they did not make the 8.NDS says he wants to stay but will do what the club wants.Quality bloke and player,will b a 300 gamer.Priceless.Keep him.

avid
Club Player

pick 26 and luke delaney is nowhere near a worthwhile compensation for losing dal.
except with extreme luck, we'll probably find delaney and/or our pick 26 being cut from the list the same year dal retires from north.
leaving aside the waste of team spirit, morale, history, values, sheer viewing pleasure, the loss of dal on those terms is just as likely to be a list-building waste of time too.
if we'd been able to get pick 8 for him, the balance might have been closer. we didn't. so now, please, TAKE DAL OFF THE TABLE!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

What if 26 gets us Savage?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:What if 26 gets us Savage?
What if it gets us Ropeable ?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Carl Dilena told SEN's Morning Glory North's second-round pick was not on the table, saying the Roos' talks with the Saints remained at a "stalemate".

"If he's (Dal Santo) a free agent, they'll get compensation through the draft, but we weren't looking to give up other draft picks."

North's preference is for the Saints to agree to release Dal Santo as a free agent, but St Kilda has yet to decide whether it wants to part with the three-time All Australian.

It is understood St Kilda is trying to keep negotiations on Delaney separate from the Dal Santo talks.

Delaney's hopes of a quick passage to Seaford will fade significantly if he is in drawn into the complicated Dal Santo deal.

bergsone
SS Life Member

More than happy to keep NDS ,a champion mid who can use the footy,at least 3 years of that in exchange for WHAT........................

Easier to BUILT a side around good players than draft picks

Witeout23
Club Player

Stay a Saint Nick please

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Witeout23 wrote:Stay a Saint Nick please
A timely bump. This has now dragged on too long.

Always loyal
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Done tomorrow or not done at all under FA

Lance or James??

asaint
Club Player

Don't do the trade Saints. Keep NDS. Stay a Saint Nick please.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

I cant give a good reason, but please just stay Dal. Please dont trade him STKFC. Can we just go against all this free agency , list building , trading coup crap,
and just show some old fashioned loyalty and love for the club and player.

Please

Newman
Club Player

One last plea ... Keep Dal! Can we email these thoughts to club? I've already written a personal letter to Dal to encourage him to stay on. Also wrote to president and coach. Got back brief letter from Scott.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Keep the Dal
He'd look pasty in those shyte colors lets admit it
Sod off Beatshaw

“Yeah….nah””