Email from Chris Pelchen to Members

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Re: Email from Chris Pelchen to Members

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Saying someone lied about what a club legend said on his death bed is a fairly outrageous accusation.
Especially seeing this story is relied upon for memberships and Pelchens position/esteem at the club.
A truly outrageous accusation from p66.

Still going on about it Con. Trying to get people to agree with you and slam me. fair enough after some of your statements over the years. The slamming of me doesnt worry me though con so it must be so they agree with you. You do need a confidence booster after your last few years.
You always rubbish everyone on here for not backing up their opinions - thousands of posts of pedantry belittling people's opinions and the validity of their views - and you're called out for what seems on the surface a pretty serious allegation and you refuse to acknowledge it at all and just diffuse it with juvenile taunts?

Seriously, I'd like to know why you insinuated above that Pelchen was lying to members about what Yabby asked him to do?

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
karnaby
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:OK this may clear things up. I heard personally from a well known Hawthorn identity who was very close to Allan Jeans (and spoke to him just prior to his death) that Yabbie had made this request to Chris. This person had NO reason to lie. Was telling me more to demonstrate how much he admired Yabbie and his loyalty.
Just quoting this so that it doesn't get lost in all the other noise that is going on in this thread.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Saying someone lied about what a club legend said on his death bed is a fairly outrageous accusation.
Especially seeing this story is relied upon for memberships and Pelchens position/esteem at the club.
A truly outrageous accusation from p66.

Still going on about it Con. Trying to get people to agree with you and slam me. fair enough after some of your statements over the years. The slamming of me doesnt worry me though con so it must be so they agree with you. You do need a confidence booster after your last few years.
You always rubbish everyone on here for not backing up their opinions - thousands of posts of pedantry belittling people's opinions and the validity of their views - and you're called out for what seems on the surface a pretty serious allegation and you refuse to acknowledge it at all and just diffuse it with juvenile taunts?

Seriously, I'd like to know why you insinuated above that Pelchen was lying to members about what Yabby asked him to do?

I was given the choice by Con to say he was lying or telling the truth. If i could say another word I would say pelchan added mayo to the story. Thats my opinion. have no idea why you would even care. You have made it known you dont rate anything I write so why would you give a stuff. Strange indeed. Con its working though.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I was given the choice by Con to say he was lying or telling the truth. If i could say another word I would say pelchan added mayo to the story. Thats my opinion. have no idea why you would even care. You have made it known you dont rate anything I write so why would you give a stuff. Strange indeed. Con its working though.
I rate plenty you say.
We probably agree and 90% and argue over 10%.
Just very odd if he made it up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I rate plenty you say.
We probably agree and 90% and argue over 10%.
Just very odd if he made it up.

There is one thing that doesnt work in his favour. Jeans died 5 days before pelchan even joined our club.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: There is one thing that doesnt work in his favour. Jeans died 5 days before pelchan even joined our club.
When did he join?
Chris Pelchen wrote:As our immortal 1966 St Kilda Premiership Coach and personal friend of 25 years, Allan Jeans said to me in 2011, only a short time before he passed away -

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: There is one thing that doesnt work in his favour. Jeans died 5 days before pelchan even joined our club.
When did he join?
Chris Pelchen wrote:As our immortal 1966 St Kilda Premiership Coach and personal friend of 25 years, Allan Jeans said to me in 2011, only a short time before he passed away -

5 or 6 days after he died.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
satchmo wrote:Why would plugger66 call Pelchen a liar without a very good reason?
You wouldn't accuse someone of lying just because you guessed that it might not be true. Surely?
To be fair to P66 he gets a lot of his mail from his Dads mate and third cousin who provide him with a tiny and diffused conduit of rumour supplied from a bloke that was connected to the club back when Dawn Fraser was an Olympian. This clearly provides P66 with an over inflated sense of...something. I'd love to see P66 and Bigmouth go toe-to-toe in a footy bignoting challenge...it would be pure occa gold. This site is gold.

To be fair you called our Captain a cancer to the club. To be fair you are making things up because like or two others on here you struggle to have a decent conversation without talking s***. Once i said a mate of my old mans told him something which clearly proved to be correct. To be fair I shouldnt argue with someone so far away and removed from common sense. To be fair we know when you hear things you clearly hear it incorrectly as shown by that freo laugh. Can you fnd a cure to Rooy cancer that he was so called by you, spreading around the club.
You do realise that it is plain for all to see that you don't like a healthy dose of your own medicine. Has your weekend bender spilt over onto Monday? You seem cranky. Maybe take a Valium and get an early night.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:OK this may clear things up. I heard personally from a well known Hawthorn identity who was very close to Allan Jeans (and spoke to him just prior to his death) that Yabbie had made this request to Chris. This person had NO reason to lie. Was telling me more to demonstrate how much he admired Yabbie and his loyalty.
Just quoting this so that it doesn't get lost in all the other noise that is going on in this thread.
just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 160 could it be that this is part of the reason we are getting some love from Dermy all of a sudden...
just thinking out loud about what might have happened could it be that at the time Pelch was prob weighing up a desision as to taking up a role presented to him by the saints , Pelch tells Jeans he is considering going to the saints where Jeans tells him he loves his saints and wanted nothing more then to see us win the second flag that he didnt want to be the only man to have a led the saints to the flag, Jeans then tells Pelch "help my saints win a flag" thus confirming in Pelch's mind he should accept the saints job ... Dermy being a so deeply influenced by Jeans saw this request by his mentor on his death bed as a reason to want to see the saints win another flag and in turn maybe hold a little soft spot in his heart for the club he previously had not really cared that much about ???

might be true .. maybe ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I have no idea about the story… but I am sure Pelchen was in touch with us & being interviewed well before he started actually working for us…

Would be very weird if he's made it up IMO… can't see the motivation personally.

At any rate, it's a good story & I value what Pelchen is trying to do, even if it does mean some supporter outrage along the way.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
I have no idea about the story… but I am sure Pelchen was in touch with us & being interviewed well before he started actually working for us…

Would be very weird if he's made it up IMO… can't see the motivation personally.

At any rate, it's a good story & I value what Pelchen is trying to do, even if it does mean some supporter outrage along the way.

I have no problem with what pelchan is trying to do. I have said previously that if it works and rebuild will be quicker than certainly I thought. If it doesnt though its going to be a long rebuild.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I have no problem with what pelchan is trying to do. I have said previously that if it works and rebuild will be quicker than certainly I thought. If it doesnt though its going to be a long rebuild.
i was talking to a friend about this over the week end ... i see it abit like a knee recon ... you can go for the traditional option where it takes some time (decline use the draft and rebuild over time), you can go the LARS option that can go quicker (bring in a high profile player and build around that)... both would have their risks and neither will guarentee you will get to your peak (2009)with the traditional method you could do a Geelong or you could do a Richmond and fail again and again... with th LARS approach theres a chance you will do a sydney and bounce back strong or you could do a brisbane and see it fall apart really quick

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

So now not only does he disagree with everything posted by the entire forum.....he now disagrees with what pelch said about his last convo with yabbie.

Spose it was only a matter of time :roll:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I wouldnt think so. its just dickheads on here having an opinion. Means complete jack.
Your opinion means jack yes.

But if Chris has lied about this story to create a myth - which is what you are alleging - that is dishonest to the club and its fans that's something rather bizarre and a little different to a footy dept saying someone has a bruised buttock instead of a torn hamstring etc.

If you cant distinguish between the usual crap on here and you accusing someone of a lie of this nature - you really are dumber than I thought.

Some come on here to chat to dickheads or to call people dickheads even when they know that there are Saints connected people that have something useful to add to discussions. Fortunately, most of us can distinguish between the drivel and the gems from intelligent posters and we appreciate the inside word and the posters who contribute the time and effort.

Unfortunately if you haven't got p66 on ignore you've got to sift through a tonne of crap to get to the informative posts. Think it's time to put him back on my foe list