Fox Sports News reporting Joey to Essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fox Sports News reporting Joey to Essendon

Where is this constant whinging about journalists coming from?

It's so over the top and pathetic.

They hate us. They're rubbish journalists. They hate us some more. I don't listen to SEN.

It's all the medias fault. Sound like a bunch of A-League supporters that don't realise it happens to all clubs & only demand positive articles.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Word is not a word
But apparently Grease is. :wink:
Grease is not just a word.....it's THE word!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I would think so. Robbo is a very good footy writer and the HS gives us the most coverage of footy. I know i buy it because i like it and I listen to SEN because I like it. I would think people who dont rate those 2 organisations havent read or listened for a fair while.
You must have a very low appreciation level, he must write a lot better than he talks..only read his stuff sometimes on line, and when i realise it's his I stop pretty quickly....is your statement about him being a very good footy writer a BM fact or your opinion, reads like a fact....

Haven't bought/read the Sun for a while, so it all fits, unfortunately he seems to pop up in places I don't expect....
Most of SEN are OK, mornings are generally OK when not about Bombers, KB and Harf are less biased than most, run home is very patchy...(3AW sports tonight very bad), the rest I don't hear much at all...but I guess I listen a fair bit so i must think its OK...

Its my opinion. How can it be fact? Even if people won awards that is still only opinion. I sure many on here like Robbo and im sure many dont. Maybe I should lie and say I dont like him.
Just checking because I didn't read "I think robbos a very good footy writer" as I said it read like a fact and I thought you had some evidence to share.

Not sure why you would need to lie unless you are writing for the sun as well?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Where is this constant whinging about journalists coming from?

They hate us. They're rubbish journalists. They hate us some more. I don't listen to SEN.

It's all the medias fault. Sound like a bunch of A-League supporters that don't realise it happens to all clubs & only demand positive articles.
Who says they hate us?
I just say on the whole they are gutter trawlers and make stuff up and the sun in particular is a disgrace.
Is it whinging to have an opinion?
A few in the media have reported blatant untruths this trade period which make it look like they have an agenda.
It must be hard to argue against that given no mass exodus has happened and no player has voiced any wish to leave, dal has been very professional for example.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

don't take this the wrong way...but you wouldn't happen to be a journo by any chance??????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Word is not a word
But apparently Grease is. :wink:
Grease is not just a word.....it's THE word!
lol.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

Who says they hate us?
I just say on the whole they are gutter trawlers and make stuff up and the sun in particular is a disgrace.
A few in the media have reported blatant untruths this trade period which make it look like they have an agenda.
It must be hard to argue against that given no mass exodus has happened and no player has voiced any wish to leave, dal has been very professional for example.
well said mate...very well said....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What a bizarre and non nonsensical post.

So supporters should just take all the bs in the media lying down and shouldn’t be allowed to defend the club?

Firstly, the reports are inaccurate.

Secondly, they're unethical.

Thirdly, the bad press and publicity is trashing the brand. This may potentially impact membership, sponsorship and the bottom line; not great in a crowded market and a struggling economy.

The responses on here are not over the top at all and I think you have completely missed the point. People on here are referring to accurate reporting. No one is demanding the media only report positive stories about us.

It's not only SEN but the media in general reporting rumours and straight out lies, fictions and untruths that continually rubbish our club.

The club refuses to acknowledge and deny most reports and rightly so. This is where fans have an opportunity to challenge the bs.

Get a grip.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Someone get on twitter & say TomChadwickFox is "not happy and 95% sure of moving to SEN"
because he put out the rumour "95% Joey goin to bumbers"

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Joey going nowhere.
Kill this thread mods.

and the Fox news report suggests the Saints are 'ardament' about that. :)

http://video.couriermail.com.au/v/13769 ... nt-in-2014

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

don't hate them- but yes prefer Positive or- 'Correct' reporting even if it's negative

headline this morning in paper- " Dons' fail to get deal for Montagna" - given they never even tried apart from maybe saying to someone-' I wonder if we should" ( no don't quote me on that.- just a suugested way the story may have started)
how could they fail at something they never tried....

maybe they could start following players. managers, clubs and writing stories about how each sector copes with this extended trade period where to much time allowed has meant a festering of some issues, and still clubs wait till the last minute..
.. Robbo actually had a sensible solution for it in discussion today- shorten it back again and then have 2-3 days for paper work and finalising.... unlike the old it must be in by Friday 2 pm--

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

What a bizarre and non nonsensical post.

So supporters should just take all the bs in the media lying down and shouldn’t be allowed to defend the club?

Firstly, the reports are inaccurate.

Secondly, they're unethical.

Thirdly, the bad press and publicity is trashing the brand. This may potentially impact membership, sponsorship and the bottom line; not great in a crowded market and a struggling economy.

The responses on here are not over the top at all and I think you have completely missed the point. People on here are referring to accurate reporting. No one is demanding the media only report positive stories about us.

It's not only SEN but the media in general reporting rumours and straight out lies, fictions and untruths that continually rubbish our club.

The club refuses to acknowledge and deny most reports and rightly so. This is where fans have an opportunity to challenge the bs.

Get a grip.
Enjoyed your last line.

1 journalist gets a story that doesn't eventuate and the media are unethical, inaccurate and trashing the club?

And a story about a player changing clubs is effecting our membership, sponsorship and our bottom line? Seriously, a player leaving? When we have had dwarfs, photos, school girls and a year of poor performance.

Coupled with the club trading senior players unexpectedly, like McEvoy and others in discussion.

Saved me a trip to Seaford for the AGM. Our financial loss was due to reports of players leaving - problem solved.

I've got plenty of grip.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

Who says they hate us?

Answers to your questions -

You did. Second line.

Yes. Second line.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

don't take this the wrong way...but you wouldn't happen to be a journo by any chance??????

Not at all - I'm a lawyer.

Oh wait, that joke's been used before hasn't it....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Enjoyed your last line.

1 journalist gets a story that doesn't eventuate and the media are unethical, inaccurate and trashing the club?

And a story about a player changing clubs is effecting our membership, sponsorship and our bottom line? Seriously, a player leaving? When we have had dwarfs, photos, school girls and a year of poor performance.

Coupled with the club trading senior players unexpectedly, like McEvoy and others in discussion.

Saved me a trip to Seaford for the AGM. Our financial loss was due to reports of players leaving - problem solved.

I've got plenty of grip.
That's quite funny, most of the issues you quote are prime examples of media making things up, beat ups or outright lies.
Trading players unexpectedly, whose that from, a media perspective?
I wonder if the pies can survive Thomas leaving....
Spinner is a very good media nick....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
maverick wrote:

Who says they hate us?

Answers to your questions -

You did. Second line.

Yes. Second line.
Really just bold it for me, I can't see where I said they hate us or pick on us specifically.
The second line describes them in general not specific to us.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Enjoyed your last line.

I've got plenty of grip.
That's quite funny, most of the issues you quote are prime examples of media making things up, beat ups or outright lies.
Trading players unexpectedly, whose that from, a media perspective?
I wonder if the pies can survive Thomas leaving....
Spinner is a very good media nick....
Thanks - I put a lot of effort into choosing that. It's great to see it get the appreciation it deserves.

Enjoy thinking everyone is against us, and only us.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Why should I care about other clubs but yeah, that's what I said, Spinner.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

It's not "journalists", it's "some journalists and a lot of non-journalists". You need look no further than some of the reporting and commentary on the E'dope saga to understand why many people are increasingly skeptical, through to contemptuous, of what is passed off as factual reporting and informed opinion by those with access. The mug punters who bothered to inform themselves, about the breadth and depth of what could ultimately turn out to be the greatest blight uncovered in Oz sport history, became increasingly frustrated by many of those employed in the media, as they continued to feed them utter rubbish.

And, not surprisingly, most of the inaccurate reporting and ill informed opinion re E'dope emanated by those employed by, or affiliated with, Ol' Rupert's outfits.

The standout example of just how devoid of principle and ethics many media types are was the night Gerry and Slobo scoffed at Baker and McKenzie's report of the unknown Mexican sourced drug being given to E'dopers at the Sth Yarra clinic. They scoffed to discredit the work of 2 actual journalists, to represent the revelation as fanciful - "AS IF...". They mocked, they derided, they dismissed even the possibility - and they were flat out wrong. But, when over the next 24-36 hours all resistance to the accuracy of the report broke down and surrendered, including the previously very noisy E'dope legal and PR cabal, there was no more from Gerry and Slobo - they just dropped it.

And, please, let's not provide excuses for the likes of Gerry and Slobo. They chose to enter the territory, they chose to exert their influence, they picked their side - and they were wrong, throughout the entire saga. From Watson spewing out that drugs not medically assessed as fit for human consumption were safe, to Slobo continually telling us Stephen Dank had assured him nothing illegal or potentially harmful had been administered, to the majority media effort to protect Reid from his basic medical accountabilities and Hirdy's a great guy, many in the media have stamped their own cards as "Not fit for human consumption".

If you don't understand the reasons behind most of this type of coverage, I suggest you read the history of Ol' Rupe. Then, if it's still not clear, try answering this question;

"Why does Murdoch continue to publish The Australian - profitability or influence?"

Then consider this; if Sam Newman, Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones joined your crusade to protect the interests of your football club would you be worried? I sure as hell would.

We're in the category of distraction. We don't have influence to peddle, we aren't part of the power elite - we are easy targets. Our forecast loss of $1.5M has been big news, part of the rabble narrative. Have we heard much about E'dope's possible loss of around $7M? Who's lost more players, Eddie's mob, or ours? Did we have a smooth transition to a new Pres and board - what about Brisbane?

I don't believe the coverage of us is about hatred (bar P66's mate, Foiney, who apparently conducts his filial relationships amongst mostly E'dope devotee's). We're just easy, that's all, and the slothful and incompetent among the media like "easy". They're also easily led by those with the agenda.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

And particularly NSW bred or based journos who now find themselves trying to appeal to a national audience and feel the need to comment on a high profile sport that they really know very little about.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:

It's not "journalists", it's "some journalists and a lot of non-journalists". You need look no further than some of the reporting and commentary on the E'dope saga to understand why many people are increasingly skeptical, through to contemptuous, of what is passed off as factual reporting and informed opinion by those with access. The mug punters who bothered to inform themselves, about the breadth and depth of what could ultimately turn out to be the greatest blight uncovered in Oz sport history, became increasingly frustrated by many of those employed in the media, as they continued to feed them utter rubbish.

And, not surprisingly, most of the inaccurate reporting and ill informed opinion re E'dope emanated by those employed by, or affiliated with, Ol' Rupert's outfits.

The standout example of just how devoid of principle and ethics many media types are was the night Gerry and Slobo scoffed at Baker and McKenzie's report of the unknown Mexican sourced drug being given to E'dopers at the Sth Yarra clinic. They scoffed to discredit the work of 2 actual journalists, to represent the revelation as fanciful - "AS IF...". They mocked, they derided, they dismissed even the possibility - and they were flat out wrong. But, when over the next 24-36 hours all resistance to the accuracy of the report broke down and surrendered, including the previously very noisy E'dope legal and PR cabal, there was no more from Gerry and Slobo - they just dropped it.

And, please, let's not provide excuses for the likes of Gerry and Slobo. They chose to enter the territory, they chose to exert their influence, they picked their side - and they were wrong, throughout the entire saga. From Watson spewing out that drugs not medically assessed as fit for human consumption were safe, to Slobo continually telling us Stephen Dank had assured him nothing illegal or potentially harmful had been administered, to the majority media effort to protect Reid from his basic medical accountabilities and Hirdy's a great guy, many in the media have stamped their own cards as "Not fit for human consumption".

If you don't understand the reasons behind most of this type of coverage, I suggest you read the history of Ol' Rupe. Then, if it's still not clear, try answering this question;

"Why does Murdoch continue to publish The Australian - profitability or influence?"

Then consider this; if Sam Newman, Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones joined your crusade to protect the interests of your football club would you be worried? I sure as hell would.

We're in the category of distraction. We don't have influence to peddle, we aren't part of the power elite - we are easy targets. Our forecast loss of $1.5M has been big news, part of the rabble narrative. Have we heard much about E'dope's possible loss of around $7M? Who's lost more players, Eddie's mob, or ours? Did we have a smooth transition to a new Pres and board - what about Brisbane?

I don't believe the coverage of us is about hatred (bar P66's mate, Foiney, who apparently conducts his filial relationships amongst mostly E'dope devotee's). We're just easy, that's all, and the slothful and incompetent among the media like "easy". They're also easily led by those with the agenda.
Well said.
I agree its not all journos, but it is just about all at the Sun and other new limited rags....