Trade Period Success

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

falka
Club Player

Re: Trade Period Success

Bruce was all Australian u18, just was a zone selection so don't associate him with being a gun junior.

sax
Club Player

jaxons wrote:No offense Sax but glad you aren't on our recruiting team!
For what reason?
Explain your source instead of being such a smart arse!
I stand by my call, you have been lucky!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
Old Mate wrote:To be honest pick 25 is way under market value for Billy Longer. That's day light robbery. Bruce on the other hand, as a young fringe player who wasn't a highly rated junior shouldn't cost more than pick 41. The problem is GWS have no need for pick 41 cos they won't use that pick. They may as well let him walk to the PSD. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
25 & 41 is fair for Longer, as is 18 or 19. Very highly rated junior, just hasn't had a chance!

He was also Vic Metro skip wasn't he?
I take a keen interest in the draft and know a bit about Longer and followed his junior career. He certainly was Vic Metros skipper and very highly rated, not only as a leader but as a talent. It was quite incredible he lasted to pick 8 in the 2011 draft such was his talent and appeal. By all reports, GWS regretted not selecting Billy with all their early picks in that draft. He was seen as easily the most dominant ruck (compared to a young Dean Cox) in the draft and a top 5 overall talent. It would be one of the better trades I can think of if we land Longer. Good luck.

jaxons
Club Player

Alright then I will quit while I am ahead.
Cheers

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Sorry got sax and jaxons mixed up with my last quote

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
For what reason?

good one cabbage, asking a bloke who has been giving us early, and totally accurate info on this trading period for his source :roll:

FFS your call is idiotic but you stand by it.

I dont agree with jaxons views on Watters, but his sources have been impeccable, now you goose you have hounded him off the forum. Good work fool.

OH BTW thanks for your info jaxons, much appreciated by people who have an idea.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sax
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Sorry got sax and jaxons mixed up with my last quote
I was agreeing with you OM! I think 25 is way under.

I was just suggesting we might need to offer more!

Either 25 + 41 or 18/19. I think if we can get him for that it's still a good deal.

As far as Bruce goes, let him walk to the PSD where we take him for nicks!

sax
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
sax wrote:
For what reason?

good one cabbage, asking a bloke who has been giving us early, and totally accurate info on this trading period for his source :roll:

FFS your call is idiotic but you stand by it.

I dont agree with jaxons views on Watters, but his sources have been impeccable, now you goose you have hounded him off the forum. Good work fool.

OH BTW thanks for your info jaxons, much appreciated by people who have an idea.
Whatever Joffa! It's opinion based. I think he's been guessing.
No need to call people names! If it all comes true, I appologize, but back in your box!

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Hi Jax,

are we in play to get another 10 pick?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

He got the Mac Savage plus the pick correct exactly correct the evening before.

How is that lucky? You sound like you have had your ego pricked because you jaxons has inside info.

Anyway you wont have to apologise because jaxons wont be around.

Comes on here to give us accurate and early info and you demand his sources FFS :roll:

Really and you tell others to get back in their box. Practice what you preach and off your ego trip.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:

Either 25 + 41 or 18/19. I think if we can get him for that it's still a good deal.

No probs. From what's been rumoured Bruce definitely won't be at GWS next year cos of a massive falling out with Cameron. Certainly means we don't need worry about GWS picking Bruce in the PSD.

sax
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:He got the Mac Savage plus the pick correct exactly correct the evening before.

How is that lucky? You sound like you have had your ego pricked because you jaxons has inside info.

Comes on here to give us accurate and early info and you demand his sources FFS :roll:

Really and you tell others to get back in their box. Practice what you preach and off your ego trip.

You've been on an ego trip since 2004!
I don't care what you think, all I said was I thought Longer was better than pick 25! That's how it started, with an opinion.

savatage
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
sax wrote:

No probs. From what's been rumoured Bruce definitely won't be at GWS next year cos of a massive falling out with Cameron. Certainly means we don't need worry about GWS picking Bruce in the PSD.
Yeah class work from Leon Cameron! He has ensured we will definitely get Bruce because even though they matched the financial offer the Saints made to him - there is no way he will play for a club that has disrespected him in that manner.

Cheers LC! Enjoy your pick in the 40's....or nothing...!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
joffaboy wrote:He got the Mac Savage plus the pick correct exactly correct the evening before.

I don't care what you think, all I said was I thought Longer was better than pick 25! That's how it started, with an opinion.
Earlier than that, however I have due cause.

You basically called jaxons a liar. Look just because you dont understand the trading process, no need to get upset st others that do.

jealous much????

Lance or James??

sax
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
sax wrote:

Earlier than that, however I have due cause.

You basically called jaxons a liar. Look just because you dont understand the trading process, no need to get upset st others that do.

jealous much????
I understand it very well Joff. I don't need to explain myself anymore. I didn't call Jaxons a liar, I just had an opinion.
Look mate, I love this footy club, I never bag them out & all I want is to see them win.
The only way I get info is from a mate in Melbourne & on the internet. We only get Crows & Power here.
I was questioning whether we could get both players if they both went to the PSD, but the response I got was "glad you're not in charge of recruiting". That's when I arced up. He couldn't give me a response to that.
Anyways, Go Saints!

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

jaxons wrote:
We will get Longer because Bris will not lose him for nothing.
They have no choice but to deal with our position in PSD.
We can price him out of 1 & 2 because of cap.
Tippett went pick 11 last year in psd remember?
Hawthorn didn't have same luxury.
Bruce will be psd unless GWS wake up and read the play.
Pretty easy to comprehend.
May the force be with you, and those you serve.

But as our people are not a patient people, Jaxons; go forth and get those deals done, before the long cold winter of the PSD.

Jaxons, I'm backing you in (it's racing season, after all) ...

Go Saints!

Always loyal
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

sax and joffaboy stop your bickering or I shall move your posts off to the Animal Enclosure ... enough already!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Jax - I just like reading your posts cause at a time when some if my favorite people are exiting.... I need to see a glimmer of hope/positivity!

I'd also like everything you said to actually come true also!!

Cheers

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
But how can we let them both go to the PSD?
That would be a huge risk!

That's not what Jaxons said. Brions will have to deal with us to at least get something for Longer. I read that as they will eventually accept pick 25 - otherwise they'll get nothing. Bruce will go to the PSD if GWS don't smell the roses.

I also questioned jaxons source when first posted, but as Joffa has said, he was spot on with the McEvoy deal and let us know about Longer before there was any publicity about it. Clearly he has some contact or inside knowledge of what's going on and if he's willing to give us supporters info about what's happening - then it works for me.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Jaxons any word ? Will the trades go through tomorrow or will we have to suffer through to the PSD ?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
karnaby
Club Player

Timely bump.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
jaxons
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Jaxons any word ? Will the trades go through tomorrow or will we have to suffer through to the PSD ?

Billy Longer will be done for 25.
Gubby Allan very stubborn but should get Bruce done for 41 as well.
Otherwise he will be joining us via PSD.
Possibly a late deal to go through as well, only a slight chance though!

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

jaxons wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Jaxons any word ? Will the trades go through tomorrow or will we have to suffer through to the PSD ?

Ahhhh - the oracle returns. Welcome back Jax - finally some since around here again!

C'mon mate - stop the tease. Any pointers on your possible "late deal" whisper??????

Go you red, black & white warriors
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

jaxons wrote:

Jaxons, will we ever know if its us holding onto Chips, Chips not wanting to go, or GWS not prepared to offer us a good deal for Chips?

I'm quite shocked at the GWS/Port/Lions deal today - I reckon we could've offered a lot more to Port & Lions than GWS did. Kills me that GWS have pick 14 now as well - 1,2 & 14 (grrr), if that other 'slight chance' deal could be Fisher & pick 19 for Bruce and 14 I'd be doing cartwheels, then 25 & 41 go to Lions for Longer. Go to draft with 3, 14 & 18 - ah hell, who am I kidding :(

Otherwise, 19 & 41 to someone like Sydney, or Geelong to get a small upgrade should be looked at. If we don't get Bruce done for 41 what is the likelihood of us going to the draft with it? I'm liking Langdon with that pick but honestly, who are we going to delist? So many questions...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!