Carlisle on trade table

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Re: Carlisle on trade table

My mail is Carlisle had a bust up with Ratten about areas of his game he didn’t like and Carlisle didn’t accept it. There was also some preseason stuff that went on with Bruce and Steven in Sorrento and he was at Hawthorn yesterday looking at the club.
Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone
Along with the 4 already delisted.
Hill, Keath and Ryder are coming, Zak Jones very close and we are chasing Tomlinson and thinking about Sam Gray.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 4:09pm My mail is Carlisle had a bust up with Ratten about areas of his game he didn’t like and Carlisle didn’t accept it. There was also some preseason stuff that went on with Bruce and Steven in Sorrento and he was at Hawthorn yesterday looking at the club.
Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone
Hill, Keath and Ryder are coming, Zak Jones very close and we are chasing Tomlinson and thinking about Sam Gray.
If we take Ryder I'll f-cking spew my guts like Terry Wallace.
Not one to be vitriolic toward the club as a rule, but Ryder FFS.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Tue 03 Sep 2019 11:21pm Love how Carlisle’s attitude is summed up / perceived by one or two efforts post a major back surgery but not on how he prepares, recovers from injury and gets up for games despite significant injuries/soreness during the week (as shown in previous years).

Some people love to hate just to have an opinion.
One or two efforts?

This idiot should not have been recruited just on his "this joint's F...d"comment regarding Essendon,his insistence (reportedly) that he would only play in defence. his stupidity in posting "that" picture and all this before we had committed!If our recruiters had any nous they would have run a mile.First Lovett the this clown
Essendon must think we're Santa periodically cleaning out their trash can!

shrodes
SS Life Member

Except Carlisle appears to be sticking around

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 4:09pm My mail is Carlisle had a bust up with Ratten about areas of his game he didn’t like and Carlisle didn’t accept it. There was also some preseason stuff that went on with Bruce and Steven in Sorrento and he was at Hawthorn yesterday looking at the club.
Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone
Who was at Hawthorn yesterday? Bruce, Steven or Carslile?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 5:35pm
Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone

I have yet to see any reliable quote of him actually being there. The ones I have read are all that some else said he was there. Most likely just a Facebook rumour as the source.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
longtimesaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 5:47pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 5:35pm
Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone

I have yet to see any reliable quote of him actually being there. The ones I have read are all that some else said he was there. Most likely just a Facebook rumour as the source.
Carlisle is apparently staying and I can’t see any point in Stuv going to Hawthorn.

One year will be our year
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone
That blew up fast...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone
Sure.........

saint4life
Club Player

Good lesson here.
Don’t believe half the crap that gets written in here or in the press.
It really is silly season.
Great news that Carlisle stays.
Hopefully can do a full pre season and return to 2018 form.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone

My thoughts at present are;

Hill very likely to join us.

Carlisle looks like staying

If it is true that Dogs are prepared to pay us a overs offer (ie first rounder) then the Saints may take the long-term view that we can afford to lose Brice if it helps us get class in our midfield.

Steven. It is up to Steven, but seems likely to go. However if Cats land Higgins then that may have them lose interest in Steve.

Keath still has several suitors.

Tomlinson. We have made an offer, but he has several suitors.

Gray. I doubt it.

Ryder. Would not surprise if he joins us and moreso if Bruce actually goes.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 08 Sep 2019 12:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Vazelos
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 8:02pm
Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone

If it is true that Dogs are prepared to pay us a overs offer (ie first rounder) then the Saints may take the long-term view that we can afford to lose Brice if it helps us get class in our midfield.

Steven. It is up to Steven, but seems likely to go. However if Cats land Higgins then that may have them lose intern in Steve.

Gray. I doubt it.

Some of the mail I received has seemed to have changed but i knows about Hill a month and a half ago but I couldn’t post. The people that tell me know their stuff but it seems the Carlisle message is incorrect yes he looks like staying.
They are adamant Hill Ryder and Keath are coming. Zak Jones very close. Let’s see.
We also are chasing Tomlinson and thinking about Sam Gray.

I am told Jack Steven is gone.
Things change at a rapid rate I would be happy if we nail 4 recruits and get set for Ben King the following year.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Sun 08 Sep 2019 11:03am
saintsRrising wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 8:02pm
Bruce- Gone
Carlisle- Gone
Steven- Gone

Steven. It is up to Steven, but seems likely to go. However if Cats land Higgins then that may have them lose intern in Steve.

Gray. I doubt it.

Some of the mail I received has seemed to have changed but i knows about Hill a month and a half ago but I couldn’t post. The people that tell me know their stuff but it seems the Carlisle message is incorrect yes he looks like staying.
They are adamant Hill Ryder and Keath are coming. Zak Jones very close. Let’s see.
We also are chasing Tomlinson and thinking about Sam Gray.

I am told Jack Steven is gone.
Things change at a rapid rate I would be happy if we nail 4 recruits and get set for Ben King the following year.
So if the Dogs are willing to give a first rounder for Bruce (seems like overs to me - Dogs currently have pick 10), and we’re willing to split pick 5 for a couple in the teens, we could end up with three picks inside the top 15 to play with. Total speculation I know.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I still think Carlisle will be traded IF we land Keath but only for what he is worth or at least what we need to get another trade target.

Also I think Bruce should not be traded unless it guarantees us Ben King.

And while Goldstein is still unsigned I would be throwing the farm at him. Get him and I am happy to play Marshall forward for a few years swapping with the 3rd best ruckman in the league and I think 6th highest ranked player off 2019.

Ryder is really only a back up option if we can’t get Goldstein and would have to be on a conditional contract base plus games played if possible.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
longtimesaint
Club Player

Dogs don’t have pick 10 - presently pick 12

One year will be our year