Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: A person who is found in possession of prescription medication that does not belong to them is guilty of possessing a drug of dependence.
Oh s*** when did THAT happen?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: journos

Tess wrote:
Can you Imagine Maxwell going onstage at a Pies AGM without him running past Eddie what he was about to say? I can't.

actually, eddie himself needs someone to vet what he says before he opens that rather large and ugly trap of his....

...he is quoted in his article in the hun this morning commenting on footballers....presumably filth ones 'cause he knows them best....."some footballers are dumb...some are lazy.....some are both dumb and lazy"....not nice eddie...not nice at all.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: THe club made a point of stating that Zac was on prescribed medication. They were silent on the other 3. But whatever helps your argument. Feel free to turn a perfectly civil discussion into a slagging match though.

Thanks for your contribution
Tacit evidence? Well done!

Whatever helps my argument? I don't know exactly what happened, so I wont suggest to others that I do.

Feel free to make stuff up and pass it off as facts.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
A person who is found in possession of prescription medication that does not belong to them is guilty of possessing a drug of dependence.

oh ffs.....that's pure crap....a script to lower blood suger levels is a drug of dependence???????....wtf are you on.....?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Now Moods you should know you cant have an opinion on here that may go against most of the Saints supporters. They will call a troll, they will say ffs and use emoticons to prove you wrong.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Now Moods you should know you cant have an opinion on here that may go against most of the Saints supporters. They will call a troll, they will say ffs and use emoticons to prove you wrong.
So you agree?

Go on plugger, agree with him if you think he's right. :D

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Now Moods you should know you cant have an opinion on here that may go against most of the Saints supporters. They will call a troll, they will say ffs and use emoticons to prove you wrong.
So you agree?

Go on plugger, agree with him if you think he's right. :D
Dont have a clue about the incident or what is or isnt legal but Moods may. Who am I to say what he knows or who am I to say what his opinion should be. If I totally disagreed with him though I would say so. As you know I have a habit of saying if I disagree.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

anybody can have an opinion on here...it's when they sprout pure crap and claim it as fact is when i have a problem.....so stfu troll... :wink: :twisted: :evil:

saintcrazy
Club Player

She is a muckraker pure and simple. You can almost set your watch by her ridiculous opinion pieces. Bides her time and then....Same goes for Gerard Whateley. I just don't read them anymore.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Jesus I'm under siege here. I will research it for you guys tomorrow. Sorry that I have upset so many. Not sure what the problem is though. I reckon you guys have clung on to one thing I have said and twisted it to suit your agenda. For the third time I will spell it out. I do not expect, would not expect am not suggesting that any of our players will get charged as a result of what they did in NZ. I was merely trying to illustrate the point that what they did, mixing alcohol with prescription medication is dangerous and not trivial.

Has anyone ever heard of the phrase, 'I respectfully disagree.'?? :shock:

Do not drink alcohol while taking temazepam. It can increase some of the side effects, and could possibly cause a fatal overdose.
Avoid using other medicines that make you sleepy. They can add to sleepiness caused by temazepam.

Temazepam may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. This medicine should never be shared with another person

You mentioned Temazapam before Stinger. It does a little more than lower blood sugar levels. It;s habit forming and can kill if taken incorrectly - and I'll go out on a limb and say yes, it's a drug of dependence. Until I look at the Drugs Poisons & Controlled Substances Act and quote you the schedule of POison, the section and number within the act no-one will believe me. If I am wrong I will get on here and say so. Not that it'll change what the basis of my argument is. If I am right I promise not to gloat :wink:

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

happy feet wrote:My experience on journalists and modern journalism is that journalists will pick up on a story - where there is smoke there is fire, but then they usually get the facts wrong. Conjecture creeps in and then personal opinion and then bias. This seems to be modern journalism. Journalists would not be one of the most disliked and distrusted professions if they stuck to reporting the facts.

What disappoints me the most is that our highly paid players seem to be unable to behave themselves. I very much believe in "what goes around comes around" or "karma" as some call it. Perhaps we did not deserve to win those 3 chnaces we had at a flag. Perhaps things will change if we clean our acts up.

I am sick of reading about what some of our players get up to. How about trying something new - behave yourself.

I watched the Doc tribute last night and it brought a tear to the eye. Cowboy was right when he said we have waited too long for another premiership. I think our players need to clean their acts up off the field, in every aspect. Then we may see success.
As I believe English journalist Simon Barnes wrote: "Sport is not a morality play. The good and the most deserving don't always win. In fact they usually don't win."

Witness Collingwood winning the flag last year. Hawthorn breaking Fitzroy's heart in the '83 finals. The drug-fueled salary-cap-challenged Lions beating the gallant 'Pies in '02 and '03. The list goes on.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: I was merely trying to illustrate the point that what they did, mixing alcohol with prescription medication is dangerous and not trivial.

I have no problem with that statement at all.

If you want to make a legal argument, however, you would be advised to firstly know the facts, and secondly know the relevant law.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Moods
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Moods wrote: I was merely trying to illustrate the point that what they did, mixing alcohol with prescription medication is dangerous and not trivial.

I have no problem with that statement at all.

If you want to make a legal argument, however, you would be advised to firstly know the facts, and secondly know the relevant law.
Alright - just to clear things up. What is it EXACTLY that you think I'm talking crap about?

Richter
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:I was merely trying to illustrate the point that what they did, mixing alcohol with prescription medication is dangerous and not trivial.
Temazepam (along with other benzos) is a drug of dependence, and if that is the drug involved then I agree that it should not be taken by someone other than the person for whom it was prescribed. The legalities I am unsure of. It's the level of danger that I'm arguing about.

Many sleeping tablets are NOT controlled or drugs of dependence. Some are even available over the counter.

Theoretically no "sleeping tablet" should be taken with alcohol - but it is like saying that crossing the road as a pedestrian anywhere but at the lights is dangerous. We all do it when we probably shouldn't, but unless you're not looking or completely off your face, you're not really in that much danger.

Without knowing the specifics of the situation (and we are not privy to them) then how can we know that this was a potentially dangerous occasion? We can be fairly sure that the boys weren't hospitalised, or even taken to see doctor, as surely that would have been publicised?

Anyway, to be honest, we aren't really disagreeing with each other much. We both agree that it isn't wise behaviour, but you're calling it dangerous, I'm calling it risk-taking behaviour which in the greater scheme of things is fairly trivial. It may even help them, because they will now realise that if they don't keep the use of substances in check, they are certainly putting their careers on the line.

On the "education" thing - having some do-gooder lecturing the boys about the evils of drugs is absolutely pointless when they see the realities as practised by their mates who are not footballers every week.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

"I'm calling it risk-taking behaviour which in the greater scheme of things is fairly trivial."

Risk taking behaviour is not trivial, depending on the risk.
These are immature boys who come out of school into a footy club environment and have never experienced life. They have no idea what risks they're taking and for what it's worth, I have no idea why a 20 year old would need sleeping tablets. Some of these club medicos are too free and easy about their prescribing to young kids.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:
happy feet wrote: I am sick of reading about what some of our players get up to. How about trying something new - behave yourself.

I watched the Doc tribute last night and it brought a tear to the eye. Cowboy was right when he said we have waited too long for another premiership. I think our players need to clean their acts up off the field, in every aspect. Then we may see success.
As a Pie supporting visitor here I post this with trepidation.

Legend goes when life at Lexus was all bad news headlines and it turned out some players had lied, Eddie went right off tap at the players and staff. He laid down the law that things are changing and people either stay or go no in between.

This kind of thing starts at the top, from covering things up, to making excuses and so on. The Coach and Football department got on with handling the Footy side of things while the Admin dealt with the problems. If that meant the boys needed a minder when out and about they got it. If they needed a Job it was found for them.
If they needed a housekeeper to clean and cook for them, they got it.
I remember Ed was quoted at one AGM during all the crap that "Nothing good happens after 3.00am". That wasn't a curfew, that was a statement of fact for AFL Footballers .

What I am either seeing or and I'll be honest, maybe it's what I want to see is the St Kilda hierarchy making excuses and blaming everyone else for whats been going on. There is no hint from the leadership that they recognise something whether it be the Club culture or AFL Culture but there is no hint of dealing with the problems. Frankly what your captain said was dumb and IMO shows he is feeling the heat. But why was he allowed by the President or board members to go on stage and say what he did, what control does the Clubs Admin actually have?

Can you Imagine Maxwell going onstage at a Pies AGM without him running past Eddie what he was about to say? I can't.

This is not a post to shite stir ..... it just seems obvious to most non Saints supporters.
Like what Maxwell said after the drawn GF. ie the replay was a joke. Did the bogan run that by Eddie?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

8 pages for Caroline Wilson disapproving of the Saints summer....

What did people think she was going to write? Agree or disagree with her views, her reaction is nothing if not predictable.

Caro is a ringleader of those to whom appearances are more important than reality. She drives the desire for paragons of abstinence, calling for footballers to be role-models of an image that few footballers are likely to honestly endorse, let alone represent. Especially given that until the photos came out, Reiwoldt was a poster boy for this image, it comes as no surprise that there's venom in her pen.

If there's one thing demonstrated over the summer (and not just by St Kilda) it's that footy players remain much closer to a group of wealthy young men than to the image of perfection Caroline Wilson - and her readership - demands. Of course she's scathing.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Moods"]Jesus I'm under siege here. I will research it for you guys tomorrow. Sorry that I have upset so many. Not sure what the problem is though. I reckon you guys have clung on to one thing I have said and twisted it to suit your agenda. For the third time I will spell it out. I do not expect, would not expect am not suggesting that any of our players will get charged as a result of what they did in NZ. I was merely trying to illustrate the point that what they did, mixing alcohol with prescription medication is dangerous and not trivial.

Do not drink alcohol while taking temazepam. It can increase some of the side effects, and could possibly cause a fatal overdose.
Avoid using other medicines that make you sleepy. They can add to sleepiness caused by temazepam.

Temazepam may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. This medicine should never be shared with another person

You mentioned Temazapam before Stinger. It does a little more than lower blood sugar levels. quote]

no i didn't......you said that someone in possession of someone else's prescription drugs can be charged with being in possession of a drug of dependence.....i was merely pointing out that most presciptions...i e ones to lower blood suger. or treat piles fopr that matter..were not for drugs that cause a dependence....learn to read what is posted and by whom before contradicting them ffs....

and i have already said that mixing sleeping tablets with alcohol was a risky proposition ....

Moods
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Moods wrote:Jesus I'm under siege here. I will research it for you guys tomorrow. Sorry that I have upset so many. Not sure what the problem is though. I reckon you guys have clung on to one thing I have said and twisted it to suit your agenda. For the third time I will spell it out. I do not expect, would not expect am not suggesting that any of our players will get charged as a result of what they did in NZ. I was merely trying to illustrate the point that what they did, mixing alcohol with prescription medication is dangerous and not trivial.

You mentioned Temazapam before Stinger. It does a little more than lower blood sugar levels. quote]

No i didn't......you said that someone in possession of someone else's prescription drugs can be charged with being in possession of a drug of dependence.....i was merely pointing out that most presciptions...i e ones to lower blood suger. or treat piles fopr that matter..were not for drugs that cause a dependence....learn to read what is posted and by whom before contradicting them ffs....

and i have already said that mixing sleeping tablets with alcohol was a risky proposition ....
I think what I said is that it is illegal to be possession of someone else's prescription drugs. Which it is.

I also said that if they were in possession of someone elses sleeping pills ie temazapam (which I may have incorrectly attributed to you re the temazapam) which is a drug schedule 11 drug of dependence, yes you can be charged as well.

I think we all agree it's a risky proposition - the argument started b/c Richter initially stated that it's not as dangerous in the real world as many think.

taz
Club Player

Moods , "with respect" , Vic legislation doesn't apply in NZ. I agree that its not a trivial matter but. .......... seriously?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

taz wrote:Moods , "with respect" , Vic legislation doesn't apply in NZ. I agree that its not a trivial matter but. .......... seriously?
I know that of course. A quick check through Google will indicate that most laws in the western world are pretty uniform when it comes to this sort of stuff though. I'll leave it at that 8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
I think what I said is that it is illegal to be possession of someone else's prescription drugs. Which it is.
you may or may not have said that...which is rubbish anyway.....

what i was pulling you up on was this quote......which is pure nonscence...

"A person who is found in possession of prescription medication that does not belong to them is guilty of possessing a drug of dependence."

hence my comments.... :roll:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Moods wrote:
you may or may not have said that...which is rubbish anyway.....

what i was pulling you up on was this quote......which is pure nonscence...

"A person who is found in possession of prescription medication that does not belong to them is guilty of possessing a drug of dependence."

hence my comments.... :roll:
Roll your eyes all you like, but for a supposed lawyer you know stuff all. Unless you don't practise in Criminal law which would be understandable. I was referring to sleeping pills when I made that quote, and it's not rubbish. Love to have you defending me :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Unless you don't practise in Criminal law which would be understandable
Conveyancing clerk... who never missed an episode of Rumpole, and knows how to wiki.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC

Caro was on 3AW with Healey & Russell last night and it appeared to me that she was BACK-PEDALLING at 100mph. Saying things like Roo is a good bloke and he'll be fine and that he'd had a rough couple of months etc.

My guess is that people in high places at the club have spoken with people in high places at the age about her article on Saturday and this is the result of those talks !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!