Saintsational is dying...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saintsational is dying...

SainterK wrote:wait and see the activity on here if we lose ;)
Hmmm

How's it going now

Passion is alive and well. Shame it's been channelled after a loss, still, it's there

rct63
Club Player

I think a lot of people, like me, have come to realize that this club is never going to win another flag and just can't be bothered anymore by a club that just doesn't care about being successful.
And I've copped some idiotic abuse from plugger (appropriately named) so those two reasons may be why a lot of people haven't posted.

*SIGH*
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Anyone gotta defib handy?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rct63 wrote:I think a lot of people, like me, have come to realize that this club is never going to win another flag and just can't be bothered anymore by a club that just doesn't care about being successful.
And I've copped some idiotic abuse from plugger (appropriately named) so those two reasons may be why a lot of people haven't posted.

Thats right. You are the pies supporter who wastes your time on another clubs site. Hopefully you wont post again.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 30 Mar 2013 11:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Hmmm

How's it going now

Passion is alive and well. Shame it's been channelled after a loss, still, it's there
Not really...even tonight's negative posts is less than previous melt-downs...and indeed tonight is not even a melt-down.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

of course there is action here

where else do people go to either whine about a lose or jump up and down in excitement about a win???

happy feet
Club Player

I know this is covered earlier, but you only need to look at other threads since, and there we have P66 at it again. Mate, give it a rest. You are over dominating this forum and I Nd many others are just a bit tired of it. Have a holiday for a while.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:I know this is covered earlier, but you only need to look at other threads since, and there we have P66 at it again. Mate, give it a rest. You are over dominating this forum and I Nd many others are just a bit tired of it. Have a holiday for a while.

Thanks for the advise. Put me on your foe list because i will continue to comment whilst certain hindsighters keep posting. You sould like another who would rather read negative stuff.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 31 Mar 2013 11:11am, edited 1 time in total.

happy feet
Club Player

Ah. You don't have to have a long neck to be a goose.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

tickets are now on sale for the first sainsational pay per view in history!

its plugger66 v everyone else in a no holds barred cage match covered in barbed wire

ive got a pineapple on pluggsy at sportsbet.com 8-)

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Simple solution: open the forum up. There's no logical reason for having it accessible to registered users only. It just means that new posters find it much harder to get started. Who makes that decision? Fix it, please.

happy feet
Club Player

No, ban P66

Moods
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:No, ban P66
How about some of us just grow up, and grow some nads. If you can't handle ppl disagreeing with you, possibly best not to get on forums anyway.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:Simple solution: open the forum up. There's no logical reason for having it accessible to registered users only. It just means that new posters find it much harder to get started. Who makes that decision? Fix it, please.

Yes, this is my No1 request.

We need regular new blood.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
Hmmm

How's it going now

What's going to happen if we lose to GWS?

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Hmmm

How's it going now

What's going to happen if we lose to GWS?

We will ne 0 and 3. How are you today happy feet?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

This week again showed that the forum is a useful place to vent....

....however I still think the forum is in a bit of a limbo world at present...just drifting along sustained on the strength of past activity but slowly growing weaker.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:No I wont change at all. If people dont like it then they can leave. The way i see it is there is just as many posting as last year. I reckon it hilarious that you and MSG blame me. talk about taking things to seriously. There is an easy solution to the problems that dont really exist. Ban me, ignore me, leave the site ot put up with me.

What a great attitude - if people don't like what you say, they can just f*** off - and therein we encapsulate the problem.

Sorry - we all forgot it was about your personal amusement. You should loosen your grip before the end turns blue......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I haven't weighed into to this yet as conflict btw plugger and myself is well known to this forum...

the issue is not so much that ppl don't want to here plugger's opinion... he's an intelligent, articulate and humorous guy

however so much of what plugger posts is not in the interest of football discussion. He ways into threads that he clearly is not interested in, has no opinion in purely to needle other forumites and turn attention onto himself. It's all well and good to say ignore him but he posts so much that you just can't.

Those of us that have hung around for several years know damn well that plugger's posting just hijacks thread after thread after thread and completely detracts from football discussion. His presence is disruptive with a few periods of actual football disruption and it is IMO the main reason ppl don't want to post here

Look at this thread alone... how many ppl are name dropping pluggs? Quite a few and it reflects an growing frustration on this page

Which other forumites have been named and shamed??? Very few if any.

We all have spats of this board... over the last year I've had big ones with joffaboy, Saint Pav and a few others but they're over... they were over a year ago and we find ourselves agreeing and disagreeing on topics as they pop up. With plugger, these arguments just keep going.

I would be very interested to see a poll asking if people feel something needs to be done about plugs... my bet is it would be fairly lopsided.

This post from MSG sums it up for me
mad saint guy wrote: plugger's constant trolling has gone a long way to killing the site. You don't want someone harassing anyone who posts an opinion about football on a football fan forum, and it's in just about every thread made for the past 5 or 6 years. That is much more off putting than occasionally getting a worked-up opposition fan causing a stir before a match. I don't mind the mods generally easing off but at a certain point they do need to intervene, and I agree it's good to have them posting more frequently - even if you'll get the occasional idiot who has a go at them for posting their own opinion from a 'position of power'

happy feet
Club Player

Well said - I am sick of seeing P66 diatribes everywhere. He tried to deflect criticism by saying others can't handle someone diagreeing with them. For P66 this is the ultimate 'pot & kettle' syndrome. If it's not all about P66,as he would say, he should not have trouble with a self imposed ban for few weeks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:Well said - I am sick of seeing P66 diatribes everywhere. He tried to deflect criticism by saying others can't handle someone diagreeing with them. For P66 this is the ultimate 'pot & kettle' syndrome. If it's not all about P66,as he would say, he should not have trouble with a self imposed ban for few weeks.

Because you want me banned Happy feet i have decided to post even more if that is possible. And to Skeptic I agree lets have a poll on whether I should be banned or not. i would vote for me being banned and so would many others. This thread proves I am not liked. It really does upsets me because i do want to be liked. What can I do to become the most popular member on here?

And those naughty people over on bif footy. They really know how to hurt a guy. No wonder there is so many people no scared of internet sites. It really is so hurtful.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I'm mailing a postal vote ahead of the poll just in case I'm not around to vote.

I vote P66 to stay.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:Ah. You don't have to have a long neck to be a goose.

:wink: ...i like that....very much......might use it myself one day...with your permission of course.... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Who's this plugger? :?