Forum Makeover - TOPIC RE-OPENED FOR REVIEW

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Forum Makeover

DUE TO BREACH OF FORUM RULES POST REMOVED BY MOD WITH PERMISSION OF THE POSTER. NO WARNING ISSUED

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

another one just joined in.....pathetic really... :roll:

i regularly am subjected to the same accusations by these posters....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

just stepping up to the plate phil.

... you make gross generalisations about a group of posters YOU
have rubbished continually in public and in private

... all the while whilst proclaiming you have this 'ratpack' on ignore.

no one is out to get you phil
... you are just not liked.

your behaviour towards other posters is CONSISTENTLY disgusting demeaning petty 'n purile.

you reap what YOU sow.

i'll say , what needs to be said ... as always.

'n i have a right to say it.

joff
i am not being 'sucked in'

IT NEEDS to be said.

and i will say it
and i will leave the forum , permantly if that is required

but i WILL stand up for those consistently and unfairly demeaned by this poster.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Mods, can someone please explain how the last few posts will be dealt with in the future?
Will the be moved to the 'sin bin' or flagged? Are these the sort of posts that your asking for self moderation rather than moderation?

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Sin bin for the fighting posts is a great idea. A Pollution thread could also be a good name for it.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

POST BREACHED FORUM RULES AND HAS BEEN REMOVED BY MOD WITH PERMISSION OF POSTER. NO WARNING ISSUED.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

here we f****** go :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

put em in the sin bin now.

start from zero because someone might feel intimidated about a post count?
bit silly
anyhoo id be more worried about losing the threads than a post count
what happens to the history?

prob too early for these to be answered
first is getting the sites/server/templates/whatever choices thats out there and what each one can do

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

BackFromUSA wrote:HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Technically WE ALL own Saintsational. It is fully funded by our own donations. So when you blame the "owners" you are actually blaming ... all of us!
Must disagree.

Irrespective of who paid what, there is a select group who make all the ownership decisions.

This "Divine Right" must be dismantled for the Forum to move forward.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
start from zero because someone might feel intimidated about a post count?
bit silly
yeah probably matrix, just a thought, more a symbol of renewal. We all start again on the same platform.

those were my thoughts any way :)
matrix wrote:anyhoo id be more worried about losing the threads than a post count
what happens to the history?
good point
matrix wrote:prob too early for these to be answered
first is getting the sites/server/templates/whatever choices thats out there and what each one can do
fair enough

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

How come everyone says their bit and then says they won't say anymore...

You just said what you wanted to say, why would there be more?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

not really fussed about the count tbh and see the point joffa
everyone starts from zero, might not be a bad idea and might have to happen if we completely start again :?:

as long as no one plays funny buggers and we cant get our usernames lol

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DUE TO BREACH OF FORUM RULES, POST EDITED WITH PERMISSION OF POSTER. NO WARNING ISSUED.

Anyway I think it is a great initiative by BFUSA and I will wholeheartedely support the new forum and the strict policing of moderation.

Looking forward to having posters who jack threads or insult or demean to be punished under forum rules - ME INCLUDED. :D

Lance or James??

matrix
Saintsational Legend

we'll be banned for longer than essendon lol

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:How come everyone says their bit and then says they won't say anymore...

Please ban this troublemaker.

:P

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:we'll be banned for longer than essendon lol
no, I have turned over a new leaf mat.

I am really going to try not to be so argy bargy.

Get into the habit before the new regime.

And anyone I cant stand will remain on ignore and will be ignored.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:How come everyone says their bit and then says they won't say anymore...

SainterK - Flame Warrior

:wink: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

some always want the last word....

i won't add to it because i don't want the thread hijacked by the usual subjects.....they can say what they like...i won't respond to them...just report them as the mods would like us to do....and i make no apologies for that....

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I think the original idea to have a forum makeover is a grand notion. WE, all of us on the Saintsational list need to give our support to BFUSA and show some maturity and diplomacy when making posts. IF somebody has views that we don't agree with or share, then the option SHOULD be to "agree to disagree" as simple a statement as that. Instead we've seen examples of folk displaying awful behaviour toward each other and ALL IN PUBLIC! Time for some change of attitudes from us ALL! Good luck and all my support to you BFUSA!
Dave :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:

SainterK - Flame Warrior

:wink: :mrgreen:

and don't you forget it!

:twisted:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Thought of something else.
On another forum I've seen a little arrow over to the right of thread titles.
If you click when you're logged in it takes u to your last post
Handy if you've posted and then logged off and come back later as u can finish reading from where u left off.
Or do the big footy thing which is when u log in all posts u haven't read sat new up in the right corner.
Or
Just have a little clucjable link in the thread title on main page, a little icon that when clucked auto takes u to the last post read.
Very handy for bigger threads of a number of pages

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

A like button is a must

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Just logged in quickly before putting my son to bed.

Looks like I shall be PMing some more posters tonight to start a conversation about forum rules ... As a pre warning discussion.

May I suggest that if you want to bicker / fight with a poster - prior to us establishing the ANIMAL ENCLOSURE then please do so through PMs ONLY or ideally not at all!!!

To have this bickering within this thread is frustrating to say the least.

As the power to edit you own posts has been removed - my method of altering posts that need to be altered or deleted will be via a PM to the poster offering them the options:

(A) agree to me or another mod altering or removing their post to sit within forum rules

OR

(B) receive a warning

Non response of the PM after the poster has been on line will be deemed to mean that they are NOT giving us permission to alter their post and a warning will be issued.

But as I say I am going to try to discuss this all via PM to the offending posters tonight via PM.

I am not playing judge - ALL OFFENDING POSTS that I find will be receiving a PM.

I have no favourites and I have no foes and everyone will be treated equally. That is my commitment!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
I have turned over a new leaf

I am really going to try not to be so argy bargy.
WHAT???????????

Is your latest mankini 1 or 2 sizes too small? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Poll results up until now. (Check 'em out here: http://poll.pollcode.com/d4y9e_result) Sorted by total popularity of the option.

62 votes total

More and more active moderators: 52 votes = 84%

Update the banner yearly: 52 votes = 84%

Add the ability to "like" a post with a single click: 46 votes = 74%

Enforce a rule that users can have only one forum name: 45 votes = 73%

Use a "card" system like on BigFooty for rule infractions: 39 votes = 63%

Create an Animal Enclosure/debate forum which off-topic fights can be moved to: 39 votes = 63%

Keep the ignore function: 42 votes = 68%
Remove the ignore function: 5 votes = 8%
net result = keep it +60%

Better functionality on tablets/phones: 33 votes = 53%

Allow YouTube embedding in posts: 33 votes = 53%

Embedded live score updating on match days: 31 votes = 50%

New members can't start threads for a period of time: 31 votes = 50%

Open forum: 41 votes = 66%
Closed forum: 12 votes = 19%
net result = open +47%

Feature great posts/threads in some way: 29 votes = 47%

List of Twitter and Facebook links to the club and players: 28 votes = 45%

Saintsational Tipping comp on front page: 26 votes = 42%

Members are limited as to how many threads they can start in a day: 24 votes = 39%

Recognise member donations near their avatar/on their profile: 23 votes = 37%

Resurrect Saintsational.com and add content to it regularly: 22 votes = 35%

Give donating members something special: 21 votes = 34%

Live chat room: 17 votes = 27%

Add competitions for donors if there's money left over: 8 votes = 13%

Make the main forum readonly for a period after a game: 1 votes = 2%

Not many votes for getting rid of the Opposition and General forums, and as Gazrat has suggested, the question was actually too broad - should have taken them individually. Maybe that's a future poll/executive decision.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:Mods, can someone please explain how the last few posts will be dealt with in the future?
Will the be moved to the 'sin bin' or flagged? Are these the sort of posts that your asking for self moderation rather than moderation?
Hi dals_da_bomb

I cannot yet talk re the future, as this sis something that the ADMIN and new MOD SQUAD will need to discuss further and will also depend on the technical capabilities of the forum once updated ... HOWEVER as a stop gap strategy I have read the forum rules and as indicated have been offering "pre-warning warnings" over the past 24 hours to some poster - some multiple times. All up there are probably half a dozen posters who have a PM from me based on posts from the past couple of days ...

This is what they will have received ... with a copy of their post and the offending lines highlighted AND some with greater details and suggestions specific to their offending posts:

Hi (insert offending poster name here)

Thanks for being a valued member of Saintsational. We are aiming to make Saintsational a forum with less conflict and more respect.

The comment highlighted above is NOT appropriate under forum rules.

May I delete it or alter it?

If you are not willing for it to be deleted or altered, then I shall issue you with a warning.

This is your pre warning ... warning!

If you allow it to be deleted or altered to an agreed alternative, then there will be no warning.

A non response after you have logged online and have ignored the need to respond to this PM may also result in us issuing a warning.

We retain the right to issue a warning WITHOUT warning, if we feel you are becoming a repeat offender of this rule.

The rule you have broken reads as follows:

RESPECT
Please respect your fellow members. Vigorous discussion and arguments are encouraged as long as they are conducted in a respectful way. Do not abuse, bully, bait or insult your fellow members. Think before you post. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face, you shouldn't be typing it on this fan forum. Do not display any type of threatening behaviour. Do not belittle your fellow posters. Accept your difference of opinion and move on with your conversation. Do not start individual threads designed to single out and belittle fellow members of the community in a negative way.

The warnings and penalties are outlined as follows:

PENALTY SYSTEM
These penalties are in place if the above guidelines are breached and the Moderation team deem it necessary to take stronger action.

If a user breaches one of the rules, they will receive a warning from a moderator. 3 warnings in the space of 2 months will result in a month long ban. If you receive 2 month long bans within a 12 month period, this results in a permanent ban.

I hope that you understand that this PM and the forum rules and penalties are only being implemented in order to create a better forum.

Other posters who have offended have received the identical PM and have the same opportunities as afforded you here.

Kind regards

Simon

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"