Game Thread v GC Suns

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkid
Club Player

Re: Game Thread v GC Suns

Con Gorozidis wrote:
dragit wrote: Go to bed Con you have NFI tonight.
You think Joey has been good this month and earning his 700k?
Ok.
Con I agree with you. Considering he is playing without the body limitations Roo has in the twilight of their careers, his effort tonight was again not good enough. Funny, last time I made such comments about Montagna being disappointing it was the same poster, dragit, who launched a personal attack on me. Seems you can't say anything remotely negative about him to dragit. Like I said in the past, the time genuine A-grade, star players shine is in finals and Montagna never played a stand out game in any of our 2009 or 2010 finals including the GFs, nor any finals in the previous years when we were also genuine contenders.
Last edited by saintkid on Sun 18 May 2014 9:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I also agree with con..

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Joey has been down, copping the tag.

If Steven keeps picking up, he won't for much longer.

We need Armo back.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Joey has been down, copping the tag.

If Steven keeps picking up, he won't for much longer.

We need Armo back.
Joey, like Dal Santo is an easy target for the oppositions tagger. Tag Steven and he'll still manage 25 touches and impact the scoreboard. Jack is a very good inside/outside player with burst speed that breaks lines. Tag Joey and you'll take him right out of the game. Joey's smaller, slower, has less impact and is more an accumulator. Death by a thousand cuts.

BTW: Teams tried tagging Steven last year and he destroyed them. He took Crowley to the cleaners at the end of the year.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Steven was well beaten by a tag last game?

luc1966
Club Player

I really hope we can find a forward to help roo I cringe everytime it goes forward now knowing his body would be copping a battering. I know he miten be up to it but he does throw his body around and there is t a spot down back for him do simpkin it's now or never! Also is it coincidence that since maister was dropped we keep losing!!!!!!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Steven was well beaten by a tag last game?
Joey had the hard tag verse Carlton. AR said after that game Steven is struggling due to limited preparation. That's why his output has been up and down this season.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:I really hope we can find a forward to help roo I cringe everytime it goes forward now knowing his body would be copping a battering. I know he miten be up to it but he does throw his body around and there is t a spot down back for him do simpkin it's now or never! Also is it coincidence that since maister was dropped we keep losing!!!!!!
We need quality midfield depth. A forward line can be manufactured or bought (like Syd do) when the time is right. The fact we are constantly kicking it to Roo is the first problem. The second is the quality of the forward 50 entries. Get quality mids, become less Roo centric and more unpredictable and we'll go along way to solving our problems.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Joey has been excellent this year. He had a bad game but also wasn't played as a full time mid.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:I really hope we can find a forward to help roo I cringe everytime it goes forward now knowing his body would be copping a battering. I know he miten be up to it but he does throw his body around and there is t a spot down back for him do simpkin it's now or never! Also is it coincidence that since maister was dropped we keep losing!!!!!!
Yes. Maister was terrible against Adelaide and we got thrashed. I would have him back in the team in a heartbeat if he could actually hold his marks - even one mark would have been nice.

As far as the battering of rooey goes he presents all the time and it seems our players think they have to honour those leads all the time but tonight (and most other games) there were many instances were the ball would get kicked to a more experienced player when they are two on one or at least one on one but never to one of our younger players who are on their own - weird!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Joey has been excellent this year. He had a bad game but also wasn't played as a full time mid.
He had a very good start to the year. Like the team as a whole his form has declined over the last few weeks.

citywest

Bump by citywest » Sun 18 May 2014 4:35pm
citywest wrote:The Giants will end up being better than Gold Coast. I expect both of them to play in 5 Grand Finals each over the next 15 years.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Well done. You got that right about five grand finals in fifteen years. How many did they win each?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Bump by citywest » Sun 18 May 2014 4:35pm
citywest wrote:The Giants will end up being better than Gold Coast. I expect both of them to play in 5 Grand Finals each over the next 15 years.

Why not 7 or 8. Maybe 10 even, each.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:Bump by citywest » Sun 18 May 2014 4:35pm
1) why bring this up?
2) hardly a groundbreaking prediction.
3) none of it has occured yet.
4) why bring this up?