Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Jaxons come on down

longtimesaint wrote:All the players that are supposed to be coming to us will require present players to be de-listed.
As it stands we have to delist 2 players to give us the 3 picks in the draft plus Steele.
Each player we trade in will need a player traded out or delisted.
The danger is that the players coming in are not as good as the ones we have to lose!
End of 2016 delistings:
Tom Curren (del)
Luke Delaney (del)
Brenton Payne (del)
Josh Saunders (del)

Sam Fisher waiting in the wings... he may get the lucky last spot on the list or will probably be rookie listed as a player/coach.

longtimesaint
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:All the players that are supposed to be coming to us will require present players to be de-listed.
As it stands we have to delist 2 players to give us the 3 picks in the draft plus Steele.
The danger is that the players coming in are not as good as the ones we have to lose!
End of 2016 delistings:
Tom Curren (del)
Luke Delaney (del)
Brenton Payne (del)
Josh Saunders (del)

Sam Fisher waiting in the wings... he may get the lucky last spot on the list or will probably be rookie listed as a player/coach.
Payne and Saunders were rookies and do not count in the players we need to delist/trade out.

One year will be our year
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

longtimesaint wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:
End of 2016 delistings:
Tom Curren (del)
Luke Delaney (del)
Brenton Payne (del)
Josh Saunders (del)

Payne and Saunders were rookies and do not count in the players we need to delist/trade out.
So Sammy might move to the rookie list and maybe.... Eli Templeton is traded out... Paddy McCartin takes the number 4 jumper.

Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

I must admit I am a little underwhelmed with our lack of involvement so far in the trade period. Steele will give us depth in the midfield but not the explosive outside run we so desperately need. As far as Kobi Stevens is concerned, I'm not sure why we would be chasing him. Can't see him as being in our top 25 -28 players.

Kudos to Hawthorn. When they target a player, they do everything they can do get him. No mucking around.

I'm not convinced that we will do much more than secure Steele. The reason I say this is that outside of pick 10 we do not have any trade currency and the club has made it clear that they will not be parting with that. Unless we split pick 10 for two later picks.

im sort of starting to think that the reason that all the ITK's have disappeared is because there is nothing to report.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Pick 10 = 1395 points
Pick 28 = 677 points
Values trade at 718 points = pick 26/27

But more realistically pick 10 on the night is likely to be 12 or 13 but 28 remaining there abouts.
That takes say 90 points off the trade which gives you value of pick 30 for Aish.

One thing is for sure, Wells and Mayne will have cost Buckley's salary cap in excess of $1 million.
He needs to off load salary big time.
Bulldogs or delisting will take Cloke.
But anyone not earning their keep would be on the trade table at Collingwood.
Last edited by ace on Wed 12 Oct 2016 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I have been a fan of Aish since watching him At SANFL level. In many ways in the same boat as Billings ie Excellent ball user and decision maker and by default an Outside player. Like JB, Looks to me like he is struggling with self belief.
Will eventually be a very very good player.
Most resembles a young Joey Montagna.

I'd be very interested in him.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
The Recruit
Club Player

Zed wrote:I have been a fan of Aish since watching him At SANFL level. In many ways in the same boat as Billings ie Excellent ball user and decision maker and by default an Outside player. Like JB, Looks to me like he is struggling with self belief.

Will definitely want to head back to SA one day so not for he Saints...
Not sure why jaxons is he keeper of all knowledge..unless he is part of the recruitment team what he says isn't gospel...he could just be a very conservative employee at the club.even if he was an assitant coach I doubt he would have all details on all the trades..keep the dream alive brothers and sisters....Fyfe or Rance would be massive!

And forget about this...Ross would want too much rubbish...! If Fyfe is leaving end of 2017 freo need to trade this year!
Billings pick 10 and future first round gets it done...let's sell the farm and win that f****** cup!

SuperDuper
Club Player

Zed wrote:I have been a fan of Aish since watching him At SANFL level. In many ways in the same boat as Billings ie Excellent ball user and decision maker and by default an Outside player. Like JB, Looks to me like he is struggling with self belief.

that is also the impression I get... but have not seen him as much as you...
If he really is on the table, i think he is worth going after.
Has the outside skills to compliment our other gets this trade period... Steele and seemingly Stevens...

And Aish still only 20 so his whole career is ahead of him..

The we just need to use land that KPD that Jaxons says we are chasing.... and we will have covered all the bases...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote: Not sure why jaxons is he keeper of all knowledge..unless he is part of the recruitment team what he says isn't gospel...he could just be a very conservative employee at the club.even if he was an assitant coach I doubt he would have all details on all the trades..keep the dream alive brothers and sisters....Fyfe or Rance would be massive!
Jaxons has a good track record, doesn't try and attention to himself, just posts stuff to keep us informed. Mostly, in this trade period it's been to confirm which rumours aren't true, given we've been supposedly going to recruit Fyfe, J.RIewoldt, Rance, Mitchell and various others.
Tony74, who clearly is working with the club in some kind of footy related capacity has also said that Jaxons 'knows what he's talking about".
Seems to me that Jaxons is a club insider and am very happy to have the info he/she provides.

SuperDuper
Club Player

ace wrote:Pick 10 = 1395 points
Pick 28 = 677 points
Values trade at 718 points = pick 26/27

But more realistically pick 10 on the night is likely to be 12 or 13 but 28 remaining there abouts.
That takes say 90 points off the trade which gives you value of pick 30 for Aish.
sounds a good deal if we can get that done... Pies may be particularly keen to get back into the first round.. and they will likely get another 2nd rounder for Wits... (or is that over valuing him?)

SuperDuper
Club Player

btw, i find the rumour about Aish hard to believe.. It would just no make sense to me to bring in Mayne and Wells and then trade out Aish... so most likely it is BS...

The Recruit
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
The Recruit wrote: Not sure why jaxons is he keeper of all knowledge..unless he is part of the recruitment team what he says isn't gospel...he could just be a very conservative employee at the club.even if he was an assitant coach I doubt he would have all details on all the trades..keep the dream alive brothers and sisters....Fyfe or Rance would be massive!
Jaxons has a good track record, doesn't try and attention to himself, just posts stuff to keep us informed. Mostly, in this trade period it's been to confirm which rumours aren't true, given we've been supposedly going to recruit Fyfe, J.RIewoldt, Rance, Mitchell and various others.
Tony74, who clearly is working with the club in some kind of footy related capacity has also said that Jaxons 'knows what he's talking about".
Seems to me that Jaxons is a club insider and am very happy to have the info he/she provides.
No one is saying we do t appreciate his input but let's not take everything his says for absolute gospel that's all....always good to dream big....miss 100% of the shots u don't take...no harm in dreaming

jaxons
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:
st.byron wrote:
No one is saying we do t appreciate his input but let's not take everything his says for absolute gospel that's all....always good to dream big....miss 100% of the shots u don't take...no harm in dreaming
Mr Recruit I appreciate you wish to aim high or dream big.
However you can take it to the bank that neither Fyfe or Rance will be at The Saints next year.
We are halfway through our 'rebuild' and must continue to bring in young talent to ensure sustained success.
In 3 years there will be no Riewoldt, Fisher, Dempster and Montagna on our list and right now that makes our team look very different.
There is no point selling the farm for blockbuster trades that to date have not provided a premiership for any club.
We will keep building the list strategically for a sustained period of success long term, and when ready will attract a high profile recruit if necessary.
Last edited by jaxons on Wed 12 Oct 2016 8:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Hallellujah to that, Jaxons. Happy to know that we have a sensible team looking after our future

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Where we at with a defender jaxons? Marchbank any chance?

jaxons
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote:Where we at with a defender jaxons? Marchbank any chance?

Still think Marchbank will end up at Carlton.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Hallellujah to that, Jaxons. Happy to know that we have a sensible team looking after our future
+1. Strategically planned development with eyes and ears open for opportunities that fit the plan. One blockbuster wont achieve the goal over a deep and balanced list. K.Stevens I guess is being see as fitting that strategy.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

jaxons wrote:

Give us a name we are chasing. Please. We are fiending for some trade talk

jaxons
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

When we lock something down you'll be first to know.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Cool bananas bruv.

Playon
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Jax you going to come clean on the player that were losing? As he's a definite We'll find out in the end anyway
Last edited by Playon on Wed 12 Oct 2016 8:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Fyfe & rance... Eiww yuk, get me Koby Stevens and Nathan Brown, stat.

Playon
Club Player

dragit wrote:Fyfe & rance... Eiww yuk, get me Koby Stevens and Nathan Brown, stat.
Its all about improving our list, Brown who would he replace? Fisher? Chips surely must be close to finishing. No defender as a replacement?

Stevens, has some potential and were lacking midfielders at the very least he offers depth. We cant just go out and recruit 8 AA,
Little steps at a time until were ready to pounce

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

ace wrote:Nathan Freeman has cost us pick 31 as present.
Good deal or bad deal? Even with the benefit of 12 months hindsight it's still a perplexing question.

st.rick
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Must be a hint as in lachie weller :mrgreen: :lol: