ST KILDA DECIDES NOT TO PROCEED WITH BEN COUSINS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

Iceman234 wrote:For those who surf other sites, did any oppo forum behave like this when their clubs knocked BC on the head?

Legitimate question.
Collingwood supporters did.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

TTP might have been an issue.

f*** it - let get the flag without Ben.

Hope he finds another club thou!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Spinner wrote: I miss Rod Buterss.
too bad you had the usual farktards like Armooooooooooooooooo and the like who couldn't wait to get rid of Butterss and his Admin.

Love you too mate

You know the Admin that had year after year of 6 figure profits.

Ohhh yeah, I know the admin that made huge profits my cutting back on essentials such as recruiting and the rest of the football dept.

Who got rid of that fat slug thomas

I agree on this point

Who helped get the club as close to a flag as anyone.

You are a hypocrite, how can you call us out for wanting to get rid of the board that almost got us a flag while you crucify the coach who almost got us there too, in the very next line, no less.

So what do you bunch of losers do? Vote in this mob of useless nuffies and hopeless morons who Make 6 figure losses

There are so many issues there I don't even have to go into it...

Extort money from loyal supporters and break up established social networks chasing $$$$$

Two minutes ago it was all about making money, you're sending mixed messages here

Move the club to a crime area with consultation

That is just a moronic statement, especially coming from someone who is pissed off about the club not recruiting a criminal with many other criminal friends

And now consign their supporters to another ten years of waiting for a flag because they wouldn't pick up one of the best players in the past decade.

Oh great work Footy First.

Isn't that the name of these saviours???? FOOTY FIRST???

Well wouldn't selecting one of the best players going around be a footy first decision???

Maybe we should try and talk Shane Woewodin out of retirement, he has a brownlow too you know, just because a player was good 2 years ago, before he went 2 years out of the game, snapped his hamstrings and admitted he had a serious drug problem doesn't mean he will be as good this time around

You fools have been had. This mob is absolutelty useless.

And cabbages like Armooooooooooooooooooo who were falling over themselves to get rid of the previous admin have egg all over their stupid faces.

AND I HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT - ONCE AGAIN.

No, no you haven't. What you have done is proven that all your comments are agenda driven with the hope of making you look right, you don't care either way as long as you look smarter than your online enemies

Suck it it you mediocrity embracing tools.
You sir, are a complete and utter wanker!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:For those who surf other sites, did any oppo forum behave like this when their clubs knocked BC on the head?

Legitimate question.
i don't think any club went to the lengths that we did before deciding not to pick him up.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Comeon Something else Tragic Happen were close to the record!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Thank heavens it is finally over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say I am happy but can't say that I am unhappy

Seems as though the club left no stone unturned with regards to their investigations so therefore I accept their decision to not draft Cousins

Obviously if no club picks him up then we will never know what we might have lost or gained and I think I prefer it that way

Good luck to Cousins in his recovery and its time we turn our attentions to 2009

Go Saints!!! :twisted:
Post of the night

Thank you :-)
Why?

Cause he sat on the fence with a balanced opinion, with very little emotion?

That aint footy.....strong opinions either way is what I respect.
So you disrespect me because I have a balanced opinion and I am sitting on the fence watching you have a tizzy fit about us not taking a gamble on a 30 year old drug addict who has been practically out of the game for 18 months :shock:

Ok then .... :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:bad luck to those who like to dream....

if you want that... maybe dream that harvey will come back from retirement... maybe that will sell memberships.....

I don't want a dream sold to me, I want a rational decision to be made. The club has dotted their i's and crosses their t's. It was going to be a huge risk on and off the field. We didn't make it.

To decide that cancelling memberships or not buying sponsors products points to a sad viewpoint.

I for one look forward to our first round pick playing, jack steven getting a senior game and kicking his first goal. Bigmac attacking the ball and allen getting some more experience. BJ to first into brownlow reckoning, raph to continue his finals form, xavier to get his spark and body back.....

nah bugger it, let's burn the club down, cut the membership cards up and eat our own.....

I'm more disapointed at the immature responses from some very smart pople on here. Yes be disapointed, hell I would even allow people to pretend they know the future of events. But the response of "I hope he cuts us up" or "I will cancel my membership" is childish!
Good post.

My heart yes, let's get him. And frankly a fit and firing BC would have made a huge difference.

But, geeeez. Get some perspective people, ffs.

Once again, and in typical St Kilda fashion, we make an individual our next Messiah, and put an inidividual above the club. An individual with a shaky past at best.

All this talk of ripping up memberships is crap, and I sincerely hope it was made in the heat of the moment. If not, then please show some balls and F*** off. We don't need your types at this club.

Then I see that we are c@ck teasers because we waited until the last monet. WTF? When did the club say that they want BC coz he'll win us a flag? Supporters have worked themselves up into a lather and convinced themselves that BC will be the difference next year. Not the club.

And what about: They should have dismissed him like Nth did? Get a grip ffs. The club saw an opporunity, and went through the process. In the end, they made an informed decision IMO.

FWIW, I'd also like an explanation. But it would appear that whatever explanation may be forthcoming, everyone will interpret it according to their view... those who agree will be satisfied, and those who don't will vilify AF and the board. :roll:

I too am dissapointed by the reactions of many whom I've come to respect for their views.

Had we recruited him and it failed, everyone would be back here next year complaining that we didn't go for the kids like Hawthorn did.

It's one person, one player... the club is bigger than that.

Part of me wanted to believe, but my head says we made the right call... as did the majority of other clubs. Such is life. Let's move on and show some maturity for once.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
markp wrote:People have a right to refuse to renew their membership as a protest, what is this a freakin cult??

No one is talking about going to barrack for the scum ffs.... we are not mindless lemmings, for some enough is understandably enough and sending off a sternly worded email just wont cut it.

How much mediocrity, secrecy, incompetence and price hikes does it take to break the camels back?
It's not a cult but in this time of financial uncertainty the club needs our support more than ever!!

If you think that supporters can just waltz in and out as they please you have another thing coming, this club can't survive without membership money and if the 9 year olds on this site refuse to renew their membership, the club might not be there when they come crawling back...
It's during uncertain financial times like this that perhaps some find it harder and harder to justify the ever increasing expense of financially supporting a club that makes incompetent decisions, embraces mediocrity, and treats them like mushrooms... I for one will keep turning up, but I think everyone has their breaking point.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

[quote="joffaboyAnd cabbages like Armooooooooooooooooooo who were falling over themselves to get rid of the previous admin have egg all over their stupid faces.

AND I HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT - ONCE AGAIN.

Suck it it you mediocrity embracing tools.[/quote]

Sorry jb but how have you been proven right?

After a 5 month assessment our board (notice not MY or YOUR) decided no...

So that makes YOU right???

I'm failing to see the logic in that...
Last edited by Iceman234 on Tue 25 Nov 2008 9:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Club Player

The club has undertaken a 5-month process.

They have spoken to everyone at length and every factor has been considered.

People with a wealth of football and business experience have made a decision not to recruit Ben Cousins.

They do not do so based on whims or farscial reasoning.

Is it no coincidence that 14 other clubs said "no", and St Kilda have also said "no" after such a lengthy process?

Fine to disagree with the decision, but don't attack the club and tear up your membership.

They made what was obviously one of the most thorough and reasoned decision they've ever made.

I think we need to respect that.

bethb7
Club Player

:( I am so disappointed after all the bloody whoo ha and we aren't even gunna take him :|
but if it's what the club thinks is best, what can we do?

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
markp wrote:People have a right to refuse to renew their membership as a protest, what is this a freakin cult??

No one is talking about going to barrack for the scum ffs.... we are not mindless lemmings, for some enough is understandably enough and sending off a sternly worded email just wont cut it.

How much mediocrity, secrecy, incompetence and price hikes does it take to break the camels back?
It's not a cult but in this time of financial uncertainty the club needs our support more than ever!!

If you think that supporters can just waltz in and out as they please you have another thing coming, this club can't survive without membership money and if the 9 year olds on this site refuse to renew their membership, the club might not be there when they come crawling back...
It's during uncertain financial times like this that perhaps some find it harder and harder to justify the ever increasing expense of financially supporting a club that makes incompetent decisions, embraces mediocrity, and treats them like mushrooms... I for one will keep turning up, but I think everyone has their breaking point.
Don't try and make it about money, if somebody can't afford to renew their membership that is a completely different story and is entriebly understandable, if someone decides they can't afford to pay their membership because they disagree with a decision than that is pathetic fair weather supporting...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 3:29am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:The club has undertaken a 5-month process.

They have spoken to everyone at length and every factor has been considered.

People with a wealth of football and business experience have made a decision not to recruit Ben Cousins.

They do not do so based on whims or farscial reasoning.

Is it no coincidence that 14 other clubs said "no", and St Kilda have also said "no" after such a lengthy process?

Fine to disagree with the decision, but don't attack the club and tear up your membership.

They made what was obviously one of the most thorough and reasoned decision they've ever made.

I think we need to respect that.
fair enough

hope the same thought is given on Carroll.
Last edited by chook23 on Tue 25 Nov 2008 9:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:Comeon Something else Tragic Happen were close to the record!
can you just shut up for a change and not post every thought that comes into your head???

just once... please do it

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:

Legitimate question.
i don't think any club went to the lengths that we did before deciding not to pick him up.
Well that shows that we went to a greater length than any other club to discount him. Surely that's a good thing from our board.

Richter
SS Life Member

For the first time since I've barracked for the Saints, I feel embarrassed to follow the Saints.

Not going to do anything silly like rip up my membership, but I just feel like for some time to come I won't feel proud of being a part of this club. And I don't like feeling like this.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
GrumpyOne

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Solar wrote:bad luck to those who like to dream....

if you want that... maybe dream that harvey will come back from retirement... maybe that will sell memberships.....

I don't want a dream sold to me, I want a rational decision to be made. The club has dotted their i's and crosses their t's. It was going to be a huge risk on and off the field. We didn't make it.

To decide that cancelling memberships or not buying sponsors products points to a sad viewpoint.

I for one look forward to our first round pick playing, jack steven getting a senior game and kicking his first goal. Bigmac attacking the ball and allen getting some more experience. BJ to first into brownlow reckoning, raph to continue his finals form, xavier to get his spark and body back.....

nah bugger it, let's burn the club down, cut the membership cards up and eat our own.....

I'm more disapointed at the immature responses from some very smart pople on here. Yes be disapointed, hell I would even allow people to pretend they know the future of events. But the response of "I hope he cuts us up" or "I will cancel my membership" is childish!
Good post.

My heart yes, let's get him. And frankly a fit and firing BC would have made a huge difference.

But, geeeez. Get some perspective people, ffs.

Once again, and in typical St Kilda fashion, we make an individual our next Messiah, and put an inidividual above the club. An individual with a shaky past at best.

All this talk of ripping up memberships is crap, and I sincerely hope it was made in the heat of the moment. If not, then please show some balls and F*** off. We don't need your types at this club.

Then I see that we are c@ck teasers because we waited until the last monet. WTF? When did the club say that they want BC coz he'll win us a flag? Supporters have worked themselves up into a lather and convinced themselves that BC will be the difference next year. Not the club.

And what about: They should have dismissed him like Nth did? Get a grip ffs. The club saw an opporunity, and went through the process. In the end, they made an informed decision IMO.

FWIW, I'd also like an explanation. But it would appear that whatever explanation may be forthcoming, everyone will interpret it according to their view... those who agree will be satisfied, and those who don't will vilify AF and the board. :roll:

I too am dissapointed by the reactions of many whom I've come to respect for their views.

Had we recruited him and it failed, everyone would be back here next year complaining that we didn't go for the kids like Hawthorn did.

It's one person, one player... the club is bigger than that.

Part of me wanted to believe, but my head says we made the right call... as did the majority of other clubs. Such is life. Let's move on and show some maturity for once.
Top post Wayne.

I hope some on here have a cup of tea, a Bex, and a good lie down.

I think they will feel very foolish as the season progresses.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:

Legitimate question.
Well that shows that we went to a greater length than any other club to discount him. Surely that's a good thing from our board.
i agree, however unlike you i would really have liked to see him at the club.

best we move on though i suppose, no point harping on it since its not going to change our decision.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Something tells me this could be a 10 page epic :shock: :shock:
CORRECT! :lol:

(Oh crap...one page too early)
Last edited by degruch on Tue 25 Nov 2008 9:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

so close yet so far.....................SUCH IS LIFE. :wink:

time to move on

Best of health and luck to Ben.

Go Saints.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:Comeon Something else Tragic Happen were close to the record!
can you just shut up for a change and not post every thought that comes into your head???

Ive Had about enough of your stalking s***
How about you shut the f*** up and stop Insulting every Post i do?

Richter
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:

No SP2008 why don't you just shut it.

I'm glad that someone on here can lighten the mood.

Ralphy's finest hour IMO. Keep up the good work mate.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Something tells me this could be a 10 page epic :shock: :shock:
CORRECT! :lol:
I think I may have underestimated it, this has 20 page written all over it :lol:

Kiedis
Club Player

What happened to that guy who kept saying he was already a saint, just wait and see?...