Where is Nick Riewoldt?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where is Nick Riewoldt?

MCG-Unit wrote:
Teflon wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Great Bump. Bet a few people regret their comments in this thread - one poster in particular :oops: (not BMart)

Not just v G Coast, much of the season according to the coach - just maybe he knows more than some 'supporters'
Why should posters on a 'fan forum' ever be embarrassed about having an opinion? I applaud those on this site for having the goolies to put their views out there to at least encourage discussion...as opposed to the annual 'fence sitters' who offer little but platitudes when we are winning and belting up Gold Coast kids...lucky we didnt play Auskickers this week....you might not have been able to contain yourself...

Riewoldts been good this year - elite as in Buddy elite?....no, but getting his 2-3 and playing his role. Is he the elite CHF of the comp anymore?? no IMO.

Does he look slower and less nimble? sure does , but hes not 26 now...and yep, he'll decline further with time ..no shame in that. He's improved his performances with the team and at the time this thread was posted...he needed to. Lets remember we've lost to Port, Richmond and Freo ALL outside the 8...yet some on here have us beating the Pies on current form...I mean...we belted Gold Coast right so it stands to reason???

Id also credit Nick looking reasonable this year with the rise of Kosi and the likes of Saad/Milera being genuine options.

Lets hope it continues - if it doesnt there'll be no need to bump this thread...
Why are the people standing up for Riewoldt and his 2012 form, in this thread 'fencesitters' - how do you know they have not slammed the footy club/players in other discussions - have a read of some of the stuff written about NR in this thread - esp from those who've had it in for him for 2 years. IMO some of it didn't take much courage to post.....

Repeat - it was the coach who stated Riewoldt's consistent 2012 form was not just v G Coast, but much of the season, just maybe Watters knows more than some supporters. Not the coach nor any supporters here said he was a 'world beater'.

I can contain myself, yes it was G Coast - still if NR or others have a poor game next week, someone can start a thread slamming them and/or writing them off - then if they perform the following week, they will be ok.......
so after all that you go with "ah...the coach knows all.."

big opinion that one.

Why not 'think' before telling us all how "embarrassed" we should be for expressing a view???

I dont know of anyone whose been potting N Riewoldt for 2 years - if so, they are fools.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He has been consistently reasonable or better....
To me thats "consistently good"

As good as he was? - no.

But I'll take a multi pronged fwd line over a "super star" lone fwd option any day.

“Yeah….nah””
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote: so after all that you go with "ah...the coach knows all.."

big opinion that one.

Why not 'think' before telling us all how "embarrassed" we should be for expressing a view???

I dont know of anyone whose been potting N Riewoldt for 2 years - if so, they are fools.
I wasn't going to bother, but where did I say or imply 'the coach knows all'

Used Watters comments to support some of the folks on here who thought Riewoldt's form was consistent - without being a 'world beater' - the extreme you used.

Yes I should have left out the embarassed icon - it was meant for someone who takes any opportunity to slam NR.

However maybe You should Think before starting a thread on our captain including ".....Seriously, the guy looking down the barrel...." on 1 April mind you, one round in !!

Hold your ground :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
BigMart wrote:P66

I am a staunch supporter of Nick as you know, and will defend him no matter what. Harves aside he is the player I admire most. He is the best leader I have seen at StK and it's hard to believ, but I think he is underrated in the AFL community. The 3rd best player of the last decade IMO. Best Fwd.

That being said, he does not move with the same fluidity that he did. The Super rules comment you love to trot out was a throw away line, with tongue firmly planted in cheek. As if a player of his standing will play anything but elite level. What I was referring to was his gingerness when getting up after marking contests, his obvious knee pain and his inability to bend.... One only has to witness ice packs bandaged to him after games to know he's sore, he even said this year he doesn't move as well as he did....

He has played the hardes position on the ground for ten years, few make it that long, fewer make 300... Loewey was a physical freak. Nicks body is damaged.

He can still play and indeed contribute.... Is no longer our best player by a margin, which he was. Was he ever written off??
Or his lofty standards which he once held questioned??

Correct Marto - where does the OP say its the end of Nick Riewoldt?? where does the OP say he should be retired????.......lets talk overraeaction.....cause Nick had a good game against GC....ferk me... :roll:

Only a complete flog (Tugger qualifies...but that goes without saying on this site..)would argue and have us all believe that Riewoldt is moving like he was when he was in his prime....I mean Tugs apparently the only one who watches the team live.. :shock:

Riewoldts been good this year - world beater good? No.
We are 6-5 and have been beaten comfortably by top sides and dropped games to Port (?) , Freo at home and Tigers.

Maybe some should hold their fire till seasons end.....or better yet.....just hold on till we play GC again and they can bump this thread again to demonstrate said football kowledge to us all.... :idea:

Great post moron. Where did i say people said he was gone. I just pointed out one game isnt enough to decide if a champion still isnt a champion. Obviously you must be embarressed with what you said. Tugger. Funny name. And if you bothered reading what I said it had nothing to do with the GC game. Look I know it is hard game to understand but there is help for people like you and you really need it. AFL for moronic posters is suitable for you.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Teflon wrote: so after all that you go with "ah...the coach knows all.."

However maybe You should Think before starting a thread on our captain including ".....Seriously, the guy looking down the barrel...." on 1 April mind you, one round in !!
Again, why?

After that game and his performance I (and quite a number of other people in this thread) had every right to query how Riewoldt was travelling - he was hardly coming off a scintilating 2011 was he?

You stick to hiding behind your "coach" with your hard hitting views on "Im standing up for our captain" (very hard hitting on a saints forum..) rubbish against "phantom" riewoldt haters that no one else sees....

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
BigMart wrote:P66

I am a staunch supporter of Nick as you know, and will defend him no matter what. Harves aside he is the player I admire most. He is the best leader I have seen at StK and it's hard to believ, but I think he is underrated in the AFL community. The 3rd best player of the last decade IMO. Best Fwd.

That being said, he does not move with the same fluidity that he did. The Super rules comment you love to trot out was a throw away line, with tongue firmly planted in cheek. As if a player of his standing will play anything but elite level. What I was referring to was his gingerness when getting up after marking contests, his obvious knee pain and his inability to bend.... One only has to witness ice packs bandaged to him after games to know he's sore, he even said this year he doesn't move as well as he did....

He has played the hardes position on the ground for ten years, few make it that long, fewer make 300... Loewey was a physical freak. Nicks body is damaged.

He can still play and indeed contribute.... Is no longer our best player by a margin, which he was. Was he ever written off??
Or his lofty standards which he once held questioned??

Correct Marto - where does the OP say its the end of Nick Riewoldt?? where does the OP say he should be retired????.......lets talk overraeaction.....cause Nick had a good game against GC....ferk me... :roll:

Only a complete flog (Tugger qualifies...but that goes without saying on this site..)would argue and have us all believe that Riewoldt is moving like he was when he was in his prime....I mean Tugs apparently the only one who watches the team live.. :shock:

Riewoldts been good this year - world beater good? No.
We are 6-5 and have been beaten comfortably by top sides and dropped games to Port (?) , Freo at home and Tigers.

Maybe some should hold their fire till seasons end.....or better yet.....just hold on till we play GC again and they can bump this thread again to demonstrate said football kowledge to us all.... :idea:

Great post moron. Where did i say people said he was gone. I just pointed out one game isnt enough to decide if a champion still isnt a champion. Obviously you must be embarressed with what you said. Tugger. Funny name. And if you bothered reading what I said it had nothing to do with the GC game. Look I know it is hard game to understand but there is help for people like you and you really need it. AFL for moronic posters is suitable for you.
Do show me "captain AFL"- where in the OP I questioned EVER Riewoldt's status as a champion? are you that stup!d? (dont answer.....self incriminating question...)

Rob Harvey at the end was putting in "good performances" - not what he was at his elite best - would that mean he wasnt a champion? ofcourse not.

Riewoldt had an average 2011 (by his own admission) so we were hardly querying off 1 game and in truth questioning if he was any longer at his "elite" best had long been started, and rightly so, the guys no longer in his prime IMO.

You bumped a thread to make yourself look good without thinking it through, that's ok I suspect there are many things in life you do without thinking through..

Calling me a moron was a touch harsh...I feel deeply your should apologise, yes I called you Tugger but Im dealing in facts your dealing in your endo.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thought i would bump this again for a laugh. Yes we all make mistakes and I make many. Said we couldnt win last night but for those to write off Rooy after round one last year well some of you deserve a reminder. if you dont like it, its probably because you are embarrassed. Never write off champions. maybe we should also bump the thread where people this year said Rooy wasnt a champion anymore.

saint6709
Club Player

He is a champion

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He's practically in career best form.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Roo beauty :D

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Thought i would bump this again for a laugh. Yes we all make mistakes and I make many. Said we couldnt win last night but for those to write off Rooy after round one last year well some of you deserve a reminder. if you dont like it, its probably because you are embarrassed. Never write off champions. maybe we should also bump the thread where people this year said Rooy wasnt a champion anymore.
Roo has got all of us astute proponents of the game here on SS to thank for his current form revival. I admire the guy so much more for taking all of our critisisms on board and really lifting himself back to the level he is playing at the moment. That is the sign of a true champion.

oh when the
Club Player

maybe the youth now in the team has given him new legs
he is thriving on leading the young kids

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Superstar. I think Lyon's departure took massive pressure off him. Having to beat just one opponent rather than two or three must have come as a big relief.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Thought i would bump this again for a laugh. Yes we all make mistakes and I make many. Said we couldnt win last night but for those to write off Rooy after round one last year well some of you deserve a reminder. if you dont like it, its probably because you are embarrassed. Never write off champions. maybe we should also bump the thread where people this year said Rooy wasnt a champion anymore.
Not embarrassed here at all.

When this thread was written he was ordinary - have no trouble stating that and should he be so again will do same, many experts in the industry were also questioning his movement ability after injury. None more happy than I to be proved wrong - Shame it wasn't 12 months earlier but that's life.

Embarrassing is when you lurk round football forums, don't offer an opinion on anything for fear of being wrong picking of posters who do.

Make a call brave man ... or continue to hide behind after the fact "expert" I told-you-so analysis... your call I guess but its laughable you have a shot at BM for doing the same thing

Odd.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Where is rooey where is rooey
Here I am, here I am

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Glad I wasn't involved in the shitcanning of one of our out and out champions.

Never write off a champion.

Riewoldt has silenced a lot of experts on here.

First time I have read this thread, some of the comments on one of our best ever players is an absolute disgrace and the people making them should be ashamed.

He is still getting his knee drained every fortnight. His teammates are in awe of his perserverence and absolute tireless gut running.

The guy is an out and out St.Kilda legend and to the tool who called him lazy a week or so back, stick that up your jumper you banal clown. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Not embarrassed here at all.

When this thread was written he was ordinary - have no trouble stating that and should he be so again will do same, many experts in the industry were also questioning his movement ability after injury. None more happy than I to be proved wrong - Shame it wasn't 12 months earlier but that's life.

Embarrassing is when you lurk round football forums, don't offer an opinion on anything for fear of being wrong picking of posters who do.

Make a call brave man ... or continue to hide behind after the fact "expert" I told-you-so analysis... your call I guess but its laughable you have a shot at BM for doing the same thing

Odd.

You shouldn't be embarrassed, the critisism was at Riewoldt but his performance at the time. The OP was fine, some of the other comments on the thread were disgraceful though.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I was wondering last night if there has ever been a key position player with a better work rate than Nick. I know plenty of midfielders who could be put in that bracket but of the great key forawards I'm struggling to think of too many who could boast a better work ethic when it comes to repeat leading over and over again.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Saints43
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:His teammates are in awe of his perserverence and absolute tireless gut running.
I took a Scottish workmate to the game last night and he just couldn't believe the workrate - the ground he covers for a bloke his size. Obviously over 12 years some have just become accustomed to his efforts and have lost sight of the fact that he is an extraordinary player. Familiarity breeding contempt maybe.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm not embarrassed by any opinions I make.

They are made how I see it at the time.

I don't care if it's wrong, right or plain silly.

It's a forum where people offer their opinions, well least I thought so.

Roo has been immense, still can turn it over a bit, like he did a bit early last night. However on the lead, there is none quite like him.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

some very very funny posts in this stupid thread... very normal SS thread this one... guy has a average couple games and it's knives out. well Op and some others eating humble pie now? man i love this place.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Well, I think this has the DICK HEAD thread covered for the year.

Glad I did not take part in this Harry hindsight thread of embarrassment.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Not embarrassed here at all.

Odd.

Round one. It is that simple. Make many calls. Said ben would be Captain next year and backed him in the ruck over many who said he wasnt good enough. Said we couldnt win against Carlton. Said jack would be a very good player and Armo would struggle. But i didnt and wont write off champions after a single game in a season. And i admit i am wrong as shown by some of the calls i mentioned. Others look for excuses.

Now that is odd.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

The Redeemer wrote:
Teflon wrote:Seriously, the guy looking down the barrel....this was the great summer he was meant to have had......best shape for years>?????????

One good game against Roos last year does not a winter maketh....Is it just a fact of life that he is now mortal? a good honest player? is that it? (it happens to all so it just his best is gone and thats it?)

Today had virtually NO influence on the contest - be interested to hear what those who were thought? how did he move?
To me he looks robotic now.....not smooth at all.

If this is so I would like to see him tried at CHB for a while -lead up to the ball and help with our offence from defence......
Definitely not a good honest player. Considering the crappy supply from some pretty crappy players what do you expect?
I love being right

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Round one. It is that simple. Make many calls. Said ben would be Captain next year and backed him in the ruck over many who said he wasnt good enough. Said we couldnt win against Carlton. Said jack would be a very good player and Armo would struggle. But i didnt and wont write off champions after a single game in a season. And i admit i am wrong as shown by some of the calls i mentioned. Others look for excuses.

Now that is odd.
Again, Sherlock shyte for brains show me once in the OP where I stated Riewoldt was finished? But yet again, like you do with Marto and others, this isn't about facts or even Riewoldt - it's about you captain hindsight hijacking the forum so we can all play "look at Tugger"

So show me where I state N Riewoldt is finished???? If you can't put up try shutting up for all our sakes

By the way - I've got a Milne thread brewing if he too doesn't pull his finger out and doesn't stop trying to take on 3 opponents when he no longer can. When he has a day out and kicks 5 you can regurgitate that thread too - couldn't give a toss, cause unlike you I call it as I see it at the time......I don't wait 18 months later to finally crawl out from under a rock like a gutless squib to finally form an opinion.

“Yeah….nah””