Saints v Eagles Game Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

Re: Saints v Eagles Game Thread

Umpires were bad today but thy still weren't the reason for the loss. They had 22 to 14 frees and scored 3.1 to 1 point from shot sat goals from frees. Early I said Cox and Priddis were protected. This is not based on today's gam only but this has occurred for a number of years.

We had plenty of opportunities to win and unfortunately our weakness (kicking) cost us the win. Missed shots and some shot rushed when with a bit of time and thought we could have won by several goals.

This was one aspect of Luke Ball's ability that I really admired. Yes, he was hard in the contest but he also had the nouse to stop and think of the best option. Some of our senior players today don't match this.

Back on the umpires, Terry Wallace also agrees with many of you. He saw that St Kilda didn't get umpies value from tackles. He quoted 5or 6 examples when WCE disposal was not correct but this didn't amount o anything. He called it the rub of the green today.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v Eagles Game Thread

It's been the rub of the green every f****** week this season. I haven't been this angry after a game for many years