Ledger delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mordi
Club Player

Re: Ledger delisted

kimberly saint wrote:i cant for life me work out how a young guy that has done nothing at all in AFL footy can have a attitude problem. Surely at that age being so unproven the only things that come out ya mouth are yes sir no sir how high.
Unless of course he is a member on saintsational and reads all the talk about him self
Kids these days ......

But seriously, without generalising too much, this is an issue with a lot of kids coming through. They are "special" , expect results/promotions etc in short term.

I remember Harvs saying the first few years at the club, he basically sat in the corner and didnt say boo. In the latter stages of his career he said the kids come in and its..."why are we doing this? Why do that? why ? why ? why? "

All the kids need to do is work hard, and copy Lenny !

What's the Point of it All?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

* St Kilda fringe midfielder Tom Ledger, (21), is training in Perth, hoping to continue his career with a new club after eight games in three seasons with the Saints. His manager, Jason Dover, said it was likely a deal won't occur for Ledger until after the trade period and national draft. "He had really good VFL form throughout the year and I think came to the notice of a lot of Victorian clubs, but also the two WA clubs.
"He probably has to wait a little bit longer in the process and see, once the trade period's finished and even the draft, what sort of promised he might get.
"We continue to talk to clubs and there's a bit of interest in him."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z2hllbdkoL

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Ledger may get picked up by someone but i doubt he will have us kicking ourselves for leting him go .... some one mentioned hutchings before and while great for him to get onto an AFL list again he isnt exactly tearing it up on a weekly basis and isnt looking likely to holding down a perminent spot in the seniors any time soon .... same can be said about Cripps .....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

His Manager is talking him up but best he can hope for is a rookie spot.
Will be playing WAFL in any case.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:His Manager is talking him up but best he can hope for is a rookie spot.
Will be playing WAFL in any case.
i think your on the money ... the question is will he play for East Perth (eagles) Peel(freo) or Claremont (his original club)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Really poor outcome for him ending up on a rookie spot, was finally deemed worthy of a go with us and wasnt disappointing.

Strange decision if thats the case

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Really poor outcome for him ending up on a rookie spot, was finally deemed worthy of a go with us and wasnt disappointing.

Strange decision if thats the case

I would have a guess and say we told him his chances of being on our list arent high.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

maybe, others are reporting that he was offered a contract.

who knows? if he gets ontp a rookie list I'm guessing ur pbly right... if he makes it onto a primary club list, who knows

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Again, do you think his management hasen't canvassed other clubs....

The response was likely, we won't trade a pick or player for him, but if he's still there late or in the rookie draft... Well select him.
Apparently not.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

claremont Tigers here he comes ....

savatage
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:claremont Tigers here he comes ....
Yup.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that no other club deemed him worthy.

Perhaps an indicator that we haven't missed out on as much as some of us thought.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Interesting that no other club deemed him worthy.

Perhaps an indicator that we haven't missed out on as much as some of us thought.
its always the same story ... a kid with an unwarranted following of supporters will bemoan when he doesnt get a game , they will cry out when he gets delisted, then will make a big song and dance about him coming back to haunt us at another club ... fact is he wasnt up to it .. his ego obvioulsy rated himself as a big chance elsewhere but that fell flat ...

that said his last name is Ledger so having a massive ego is somewhat a family trait ...

savatage
SS Life Member

I saw a lot of him this year & didn't like what I saw. I said as much on here & copped a bit of a bagging for it - but he never looked like an AFL standard footballer. Just did not have the spread & whilst technically not a bad kick - in game situations was generally shithouse.

He was a better footballer in his rookie season than what he became, he showed promise - but never got his tank to the required level.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

its always the same story ... a kid with an unwarranted following of supporters will bemoan when he doesnt get a game , they will cry out when he gets delisted, then will make a big song and dance about him coming back to haunt us at another club ... fact is he wasnt up to it .. his ego obvioulsy rated himself as a big chance elsewhere but that fell flat ...

that said his last name is Ledger so having a massive ego is somewhat a family trait ...

i would have thought your last comment was unnecessary....shows a meanness of mind...imho....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

i would have thought your last comment was unnecessary....shows a meanness of mind...imho....
no meanness of mind ... just stating that Ledgers ego and perhaps inflated self belief saw him ask to be delisted ...
its fairly common knowllege that the Ledger name is linked with massive ego's and inflated self importance (not just his deceased cousin) in this case its ended his AFL career (although you would have to think given his progress that was on its last legs anyway)

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Looks like Con is on the beers again

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

This is a disgrace...

He should never have been cut in the first place.

Same with Miles, Will Jonhson, Paul Cahill, Aaron Fiona, Jodi Arnold, Michael Foster...etc etc..

If we put game time in these guys we would be right up there but the club keeps stuffing up...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:This is a disgrace...

Same with Miles, Will Jonhson, Paul Cahill, Aaron Fiona, Jodi Arnold, Michael Foster...etc etc..

If we put game time in these guys we would be right up there but the club keeps stuffing up...
Josh Dicketts could have been a star. Same with Dylan Pfitzner and Steven Gaertner. May as well dissolve the club if we can't turn such great material into Brownlow winners.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

no i think the delisting of Barry Brooks took the cake .... i remeber being on here and people were complaining like we had delisted Harves ... there were comments of how poorly we developed him and how he would get to another club and dominate ...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

no meanness of mind ... just stating that Ledgers ego and perhaps inflated self belief saw him ask to be delisted ...
its fairly common knowllege that the Ledger name is linked with massive ego's and inflated self importance (not just his deceased cousin) in this case its ended his AFL career (although you would have to think given his progress that was on its last legs anyway)[/quote]

ok then...but common knowledge to whom...not to me....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

its fairly common knowllege that the Ledger name is linked with massive ego's and inflated self importance (not just his deceased cousin) in this case its ended his AFL career (although you would have to think given his progress that was on its last legs anyway)

ok then...but common knowledge to whom...not to me....[/quote]
that would be because its not in Victoria ...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SaintPav wrote:This is a disgrace...

Josh Dicketts could have been a star. Same with Dylan Pfitzner and Steven Gaertner. May as well dissolve the club if we can't turn such great material into Brownlow winners.

yeah..TOP POST.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Was over rated by a few on here............

saint4life
ace
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Was over rated by a few on here............
Too small. The guy barely towered over me.
Like James Battersby taken by Adelaide in the rookie draft 2nd round, clubs are not interested if you are a midget.
Midget = a person of normal height and so unable to compete in the air at AFL level.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA