I'm speechless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Megamaguire
Club Player

I'm H O P E F U L !

It would appear that the decision to flick SW came too late with the new admin scrambling to get to grips with their very sudden new position. Intentions to hold on to SW were destabilised when they (admin) saw the extent of the f- Ball Dept divisions.
Timing for a search for the new coach looked bad.

The washup is that we now have a guy who has had experience @ another 5 clubs as amn assistant. Reminds me of the R.Lyon training period bf he landed a senior role. AR has no doubt seen a lot of how teams function already and with the sudden turn around @ Port with Hinkley lets hope he can set in place a similar recovery.

Can only wish AR all the very best and am positive as to how he can educate our players to excel from here on in.
I don't mind long drawn -out trade periods and even instability with new coaches as long as excellence comes out the other end.

The verdict of Saints supporters will be real and gradual as the 2014 afl season starts to roll on into the future.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm speechless

StNoodles wrote:Very happy with Richardson!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Coach for the next decade.
that's what the president said about watters...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
thezelk
Club Player

I think if people want to find out whats going on, spend $3 for a coffee at Moorabbin. :D

Choco interviewed extremely well, money,nor the length of the contract was the issue.

Its that Richardson was always the preferred candidate but they couldn't get him to interview. Finally bit the bullet and guaranteed him the position.

Pelchen was regardless of his relationship with choco, instrumental to the outcome.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
brewski wrote:this board is totally piss weak we just got watters version 2, Another malthouse clone no personality, very sad day imho had choco and let him go
total BS if we wanted untried coach coming in , should have been harves, he is our blood ffs, really pissed now
Yes it sounds like you're pissed.
There's a lot of speculation on this thread being passed off as fact and then being used to bag the club and the 'process'.
Nobody on here knows the true details of what happened.
Nobody on here knows why Williams missed out or if he would have been a better choice.

Time will tell. In the meantime we have a lot of quality young guys, hopefully three more to come at the draft and a new coach with a lot of experience.
I'm feeling positive about our re-build.
very good post st b.....valid comments

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:SP "Stuff defending our reputation"....speaks volumes mate; speaks volumes! About how to support the club. But hey, everyone has the right to an opinion. Just think you're a wee bit too ready to drop the bundle (IMHO of course)
each to their own. But please listen to others who have the inside word like Jaxsons.

This blind faith you have in our administration is a worry.

Of course I'll support the Club. Doesn't mean I support idiots that run it at times.

i'm not seeing any "inside word " mate......just early reporting of scoops obtained by jon ralph of the herald sun......jaxons could be his copy boy for all we know.......or a rellie....

thezelk
Club Player

Could be wrong but i think jaxons insiders, are the coffee sippers at Moorabbin. lol. they know it all

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:And one further comment on jaxons....during this whole Watters period in the last month or so, I formed the opinion that jaxons was either close to Chris Pelchen and that even was Pelchen's mouthpiece on this site. Probably fanciful thinking, but that was a thought that crossed my mind.

Let's assume then that this thread and it's outburst is from Pelchen's disappointment that his mate, Williams, didn't get the job. Let's also assume that Williams, knowing from Pelchen that he was a shoo in, demanded 5 years thinking he would get it in a canter. Let's assume that the board saw through this and thought that this approach is wrong.

Now if all of the assumptions are on the mark, then we now have a Pelchen v Richardson situation. Pelchen may not be on board because he didn't get the man he wanted.

As such, and if any semblance of truth, then Pelchen must go.

Just my reading and assumption of the situation. Unlike others, I claim no inside knowledge. Just my opinion.

What utter rubbish!
yep....it's been reported that pelchan made approaches to richo two weeks ago and has been in constant contact with his management.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
jaxons wrote:

You are embarrassing yourself Sainjake.
Why is he embarrassing himself by giving a brief opinion? Unless your claiming that SENSational is on the money....

interesting...maybe jaxons is pelchan.... :twisted:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

thezelk wrote:Could be wrong but i think jaxons insiders, are the coffee sippers at Moorabbin. lol. they know it all
Yep. He's certainly part of a faction...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:Club run full of muppets.
Just a complete joke this process.
I have lost faith.
We need a full clean out of the board.

oh...that so...i thought you said that you never posted anything harmful to the club.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
A post on an internet regarding an opinion of a poster does not harm the club.

Grow up cleaner lol ffs emoticon I banged your daughter
you really are beneath contempt aren't you....?.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm H O P E F U L !

Megamaguire wrote:It would appear that the decision to flick SW came too late with the new admin scrambling to get to grips with their very sudden new position. Intentions to hold on to SW were destabilised when they (admin) saw the extent of the f- Ball Dept divisions.
Timing for a search for the new coach looked bad.

The washup is that we now have a guy who has had experience @ another 5 clubs as amn assistant. Reminds me of the R.Lyon training period bf he landed a senior role. AR has no doubt seen a lot of how teams function already and with the sudden turn around @ Port with Hinkley lets hope he can set in place a similar recovery.

Can only wish AR all the very best and am positive as to how he can educate our players to excel from here on in.
I don't mind long drawn -out trade periods and even instability with new coaches as long as excellence comes out the other end.

The verdict of Saints supporters will be real and gradual as the 2014 afl season starts to roll on into the future.

G O S A I N T S !

Maybe I'm naive, but I choose to believe that the review they conducted found issues. But the clubs isn't simply knee jerk and sack the coach - but instead attempted a more mature and professional approach. They tried to sort it out.

However it became clear that Watters' verbal commitment to improve his ways wasn't being backed up by his actions.

So they had no choice but to sack him.

That's what I think.

And if that's the case, I think the club has done the right thing.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

The Redeemer wrote:A post on an internet regarding an opinion of a poster does not harm the club.

Grow up cleaner lol ffs emoticon I...
Confusing ambition with ability is never a good move 'Deemsy.

Besides, even if in jest, one thing all our 'various SS factions' do agree on is that family members are off-limits.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
saintjake wrote:

How? What was said above is totally speculation by one person!

Relax mate. I am pretty sure jaxons was directing the "embarassing" comment to me, not you. Otherwise he is confirming my theory, that even by my own standards is fanciful. I would be very happy to be 1000% wrong!!
Sorry yes is directed at you.
And you are at least 1000% wrong.
And will be happy to be so.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:
TwoTowers wrote:Happy with Richardson. Years of coaching experience. If we make only 25% as much progress as Port did this year then we'll be on the right track...... Whats the big deal about Mark Williams? He wasn't good enough to be the next GWS coach even though he had the inside running, and probably no longer has the drive for success that we need. quote]
clarky449 wrote: Yeah and you choose to not see Alans side of things.. Alan wasn't good enough to coach us after Ross Lyon, and not to mention the countless of other clubs..
My understanding is that even though both teams wanted to interview Richardson for the Melb and Bris coaching jobs this year, he did not apply, so he hasn't missed out on all that many senior gigs.....

Hold your ground :shock:
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Dave McNamara wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:A post on an internet regarding an opinion of a poster does not harm the club.

Besides, even if in jest, one thing all our 'various SS factions' do agree on is that family members are off-limits.
I have my own faction and am happy to go into battle again with others.

I have done so and won, happy to do it again.

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

Is there anyone on here have anything positive to say about the appointment or are you all into conspiracy theories .

Mind boggles

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jiminy Wagga wrote:Is there anyone on here have anything positive to say about the appointment or are you all into conspiracy theories .

Mind boggles

Not into any conspirancy theories at all. Im happy with whoever they picked. They have so much more information than us.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:

thanks mate.....this turd got banned under another nick for saying the same thing....just comes back under a new nick but his same obnoxious delusional self....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

f****** hell.....
Someone post some popcorn :roll:

Who gives a flying monkey who called what and got it right or wrong.
What ? Are we after brownie points on here?

Ffs bring on round one.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Teflon wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Shouldn't be begging people to coach the club in my opinion. The club has a poor record with this - Watson and Blight come to mind.
I agree Samurai

You offer a position - people apply its how its done
IF you have to convince people to bother applying - motivation becomes a question
You've never run an executive recruitment process, have you?

The best people already have jobs. Only the deadshits are out there actively looking for work.
The best organizations don't have to beg or headhunter people - they attract the talent

Got loads of HR gurus on this site....

“Yeah….nah””
Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Jiminy Wagga wrote:Is there anyone on here have anything positive to say about the appointment or are you all into conspiracy theories .

Mind boggles

Not into any conspirancy theories at all. Im happy with whoever they picked. They have so much more information than us.
Agree. I think we should all just back Richo in and look forward how he develops our list . Can't wait

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Yes I was wrong.
I am sorry.
Assume mere mortal status like the rest of the board members :lol: :lol:

At least that Fine bloke can now gloat..

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saint6709
Club Player

jaxons wrote:Yes I was wrong.
I am sorry.
I think Jaxons did well - called the players early- guys that I personallybwaschoping we would get -Longer & Bruce - He missed with Choco - unother early call - this time I was hoping for Richardson so happy with Jaxons work

TwoTowers
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
TwoTowers wrote:Happy with Richardson. Years of coaching experience. If we make only 25% as much progress as Port did this year then we'll be on the right track. Port certainly didn't want to lose him and it looks like the board trumped them. Whats the big deal about Mark Williams? He wasn't good enough to be the next GWS coach even though he had the inside running, and probably no longer has the drive for success that we need. I've dealt with Williams and I can verify that he ain't the messiah.
Yeah and you choose to not see Alans side of things.. Alan wasn't good enough to coach us after Ross Lyon, and not to mention the countless of other clubs..
Its not always how you present for an interview. The two failed candidates from St Kilda's last coaching process took Port Adelaide to some extraordinary success this year.

I don't know Alan Richardson but I do know Mark Williams, and I know him from a football perspective. He is very strong-minded and many call him arrogant. I cannot see how he would have been our number one pick if there were better options, as conflict between the strong-minded Pelchen and equally strong-minded Williams may have been inevitable.

Mark Williams best role is a support role imo. Mentoring or development. Mark Williams coming to St Kilda as coach reminds me of Malcolm Blight coming to St Kilda to coach. I would have expected the same token effort as I don't think the same drive for success is there once it has been experienced.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
bergholt wrote:You've never run an executive recruitment process, have you?

The best people already have jobs. Only the deadshits are out there actively looking for work.
The best organizations don't have to beg or headhunter people - they attract the talent

Got loads of HR gurus on this site....
I'm no "HR guru" but I've probably hired 60 people for various roles in the last ten years. Track record is mixed but it seems to be improving.

Anyway, you're wrong. A quality employee is concentrating fully on their current role until you approach them. Once you convince them to come over to you, they'll concentrate fully on your role for a while. The other ones who are constantly looking out the window for greener grass are good to avoid.