Beau Maister

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Beau Maister

Joffa

Please tell me, I'll lose sleep not knowing what Rob Eddy's secret GF role was?!

He obviously did it well to keep his spot (at all or get a game) through 3 Grand Finals... It was so brilliant no one picked up on it?!

It would solve a riddle, if it wasn't bulls***

How could a player delisted straight after a GF if he was deemed in the best 22 at a club 120m of footy before that?

Must have not understood or completed his secret role?!

Seriously, give me a break....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Joffa

Please tell me, I'll lose sleep not knowing what Rob Eddy's secret GF role was?!

He obviously did it well to keep his spot (at all or get a game) through 3 Grand Finals... It was so brilliant no one picked up on it?!

It would solve a riddle, if it wasn't bulls***

How could a player delisted straight after a GF if he was deemed in the best 22 at a club 120m of footy before that?

Must have not understood or completed his secret role?!

Seriously, give me a break....
Maybe he didn't do well enough what he was supposed to do.

Robert Eddy had certain instructions which if was is said is true, I find mystifying and makes me think a bit less of Lyon as a big game tactician.

But as you have inferred I am a liar you obviously wouldn't believe me whatever I told you, because well, you already have your ironclad views and you would probably make up some quasi rating system to justify it

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are you using P66 system of desperately using arguments from other posts? Irrelevant your honour?!

Maybe, should be replace by 'must be'

Here's some quasi rating system
In the HS he was rated
42/44th
As ranked in effectiveness on the ground in the grand finals

Rob was lucky to get a game.... Let's leave it there

Jack Steven, Jarryn Gear and David Armitage were sitting on the sidelines...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are you using P66 system of desperately using arguments from other posts? Irrelevant your honour?!

In the HS he was rated
42/44th

Agree. Let's enjoy Freo losing as long as it lasts.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are you using P66 system of desperately using arguments from other posts? Irrelevant your honour?!

In the HS he was rated
42/44th

Nice how you brought into it. Your fascination with a person you claim is on ignore is amazing. Back to the subjuct. I will admit you wanted one change for the second GF and that was geary for Eddy. Didnt want him out in 2009 though. No point in mentioning Steven or Armo though because that is complete hindsight because you had your chance back then but didnt want them in.

Now trying ignoring me as you said you will. At least dont mention me when it has nothing to do with me.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

In the HS he was rated
42/44th

Not arguing he was any good in the GF's, just that all this talk about "space filler" (I dont think I have ever read you post that BTW, I give you credit for at least understanding what you saw from Eddy) is so wrong.

Anyhoo, it doesn't matter, who knows, it is only a tidbit of information, and every who tells their story puts their own slant on things. Mabye Rob Eddy was doing that? Who knows.

BTW someone has to be ranked 42,43 and 44th in Rankings on GF day. I am sure Steve Milne didn't rank too highly, same as Ballabtyne last GF.

Stats and rankings cant tell the whole story.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

In the HS he was rated
42/44th

just confirms that lyin was a crap judge of footballing ability ..if not a crap coach......i think eddy's instructions were to knock maxwell's head off....something he certainly tried to do...as i have said several times before....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

All i was saying was during the period there was debate over eddys place in the team - some on here came up with the preposterous idea that he was doing a good job playing his role as a 'space filler' which was supposed to be some genius ross lyon move.

If his job was to 'knock maxwells head off' he didnt do a very good job of that one either as maxwell didnt seem to be stopped in any way shape or form and his head remains completely in tact to this day.

Wed have been better with someone who either just got the ball occasionally or at least if they received it might have a vague idea what to do next. TDL would have been a better option.

With all due respect of course.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

In the HS he was rated
42/44th

just confirms that lyin was a crap judge of footballing ability ..if not a crap coach......i think eddy's instructions were to knock maxwell's head off....something he certainly tried to do...as i have said several times before....

yes he is a crap coach. makes so much sense. Your like a person who has a fight with a friend. Once he isnt your friend anymore you tell everyone he was never your friend. You were just being nice to him.

Bushman
Club Player

I have it on good authority that Lyon very much regretted playing Eddy in the drawn game and apparently didn't have a choice in the replay, it's no co-incidence that was the end of him.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Last chance 'fumbles'!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:All i was saying was during the period there was debate over eddys place in the team - some on here came up with the preposterous idea that he was doing a good job playing his role as a 'space filler' which was supposed to be some genius ross lyon move.

If his job was to 'knock maxwells head off' he didnt do a very good job of that one either as maxwell didnt seem to be stopped in any way shape or form and his head remains completely in tact to this day.

Wed have been better with someone who either just got the ball occasionally or at least if they received it might have a vague idea what to do next. TDL would have been a better option.

maxwell's head was tougher than eddy's arm it would seem......i did see the hit....right in front of me actually.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bushman wrote:I have it on good authority that Lyon very much regretted playing Eddy in the drawn game and apparently didn't have a choice in the replay, it's no co-incidence that was the end of him.
No choice in the replay! Please explain!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

On the topic of Maister.

From Richo's team preview video this week:

"Beau as we know can give us an enormous contest up there, we've been really pleased with his physicality."

Sounds like we'll be seeing plenty more of him this year.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Bushman wrote:I have it on good authority that Lyon very much regretted playing Eddy in the drawn game and apparently didn't have a choice in the replay, it's no co-incidence that was the end of him.
No choice in the replay! Please explain!
yeah...that would be good...seeing that he went in with a broken rib and came out with an additional break......bit like playing a bloke who had been on a drip all night the year before.......the legend of lyin is as overblown as a one week old dead sheep.....

Bushman
Club Player

That's what I was told, I tend to agree it doesn't make much sense??

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

My prediction - Beau to kick 3 against Adelaide.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:My prediction - Beau to kick 3 against Adelaide.
Then post game he will drive straight to Gawler in a ute and smash down a slab of rum and coke.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re Eddy.
On a general note they mentioned in the hawks match tonight that the hawks were bottom on the ladder for tackles.
Remember that footy myth that if u win the tackle count u win the game - well who would win between an under 15s and under 8s side from the same club?
We all agree - the under 15s.
Now they might have zero tackles - because they have the ball the entire time.
So the 'tackle count' can be a seriously over-estimated stat. It can mean you are hard at the contest (this is a good thing) but it might mean you just never have the ball (a bad thing).
Getting the ball remains the first and most important skill in footy - something Luke Dunstan has and Robert Eddy didnt.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:All i was saying was during the period there was debate over eddys place in the team - some on here came up with the preposterous idea that he was doing a good job playing his role as a 'space filler' which was supposed to be some genius ross lyon move.

maxwell's head was tougher than eddy's arm it would seem......i did see the hit....right in front of me actually.....
So his only job was to punch someone out - and he failed miserably at said job.
Lets just leave it at that.
Its not a good reflection on the coach. People need to admit this truth.