Sharks are Circling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Crossy66
Club Player

Re: Sharks are Circling

Crossy66 wrote: Mon 02 Jul 2018 9:28am
chico2001 wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 11:51pm Crossy66, one thing you need to learn is to get your facts straight.

Paddy is not averaging 2 goals a game this year or any other year. Just so you know. There is also no logic for telling porkies or just not having having the knowledge to post accurately. Did I say "once and for all"? Bad form...

Dont create scenarios as you did....indicates a person who cannot respond properly to someones post or to put it another way bereft of game knowledge.

This game was pointless....yeah right....change your nic to "no knowledge" because it has kick started St Kilda and has probably ended Melbournes hopes of a top 4 finish.

What part of "winning is everything" dont you understand? Read the previous point or better still get in touch with any coach you know and ask a question about winning and its impact whether you are a team or an individual. I also mentioned not only the importance to Petracca and McCartin but also to both clubs or didnt you read that section?

McCartin kicked 2 and Petracca got 6 kicks so basically McCartin got the points in my view. Just so you know.

Let me know if Petracca gets a game this week can you?
Mr Chico,
Firstly on the subject of knowledge and fact checking, in your first post on this topic you were keen to see how Paddy went on Lyndon Dunne - unfortunately you didnt realise he has been starring for Collingwood this year - not Melbourne.

You initially said that this game would once and for all determine who was the better pick, McCarting or Petracca. I simply said in the overall scheme of things that this game would determine nothing and that each would be assessed over a career - not one game.

So after this one game that you want to base your assessment on, do you think it means that Paddy is the undisputed better Pick?
After all, Paddy was named in the Saints Best and was clearly better than Petracca today.
FWIW, i'll wait to atleast 100 games, but at the moment I like how Paddy is developing.
Of Course if i misunderstood the point you were intitially trying to make then my apologies
A couple more points:
I didnt say the game was pointless, just using the one game to assess which player was the best pick
I didnt say PAddy was averaging 2 goals over his career, just that he kicked two today, in the game you want to assess the two players.
You'll know i think that the game was important and that trying to win every game is important, i have posted lots on tanking recently

I'll let you know if Petraca gets a game with Melbourne this week, but safe to say that Lyndon Dunne wont.