Lyon Pulls out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon Pulls out

happy feet wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 9:58am
skeptic wrote: Sat 23 Oct 2021 11:14pm
happy feet wrote: Sat 23 Oct 2021 7:27pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 23 Oct 2021 4:54pm Did anyone come seeking Stan Alves after he finished with us?
Stan had massive family issues to contend with. Any parent dealing with a child committing suicide has more to cope with than any of us will ever know or understand.
I thought it was an accident?

Never read anything that’s suggested otherwise.
Thanks for the correction Skeptic. I did think it was suicide but I was wrong. It was an accident when Stan’s 13 year old was hit by a train when riding his bike. There is a natural order in life and for a parent to lose a child, the grief must be hard to comprehend.
Yeah I thought so. From what I recall, his son was at a crossing and the train passed from one direction and the kid went under/around the boom gate on his bike and got struck from the other direction. I think the first train obstructed the view of the other.

Either way, what a horrible thing.

Reading Stan’s book, his account of that period of his life… going through the denial, how his family almost completely broke apart and how a business he was a part went under because he simply couldn’t cope…
Really heart breaking stuff

A lot of good stuff there about how they learned to cope with it and support each other/adapt and the importance of talking about it.

For whatever reason, a section that always resonated with me is how he and his wife were having a fight about getting rid of some of their son’s stuff… when they’re daughter broke down and emphasised to them that she had also lost a brother and felt like it was as though that didn’t matter to them.
He wrote about how shocked he was to hear that and being unaware they were coming across that way.

Really good book… def one of the better auto-biographies out there if you can live with the fact that it’s not just about being coach of St.Kilda which some here have criticised it for

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 23 Oct 2021 4:54pm Did anyone come seeking Stan Alves after he finished with us?
Stan had massive family issues to contend with. Any parent dealing with a child committing suicide has more to cope with than any of us will ever know or understand.
Why would you even suggest such a horrible thing , if you didn't know that for a fact. :roll: :roll: :roll:

happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 10:35am
Why would you even suggest such a horrible thing , if you didn't know that for a fact. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I said I was wrong, what more do you want?

At least I admit it when I get it wrong.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 10:53am

You were wrong alright and should never have posted such utter rubbish in the first place. f****** unbelievable.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It’s also something that happened almost 30 years ago and hasn’t been spoken about in great detail. It’s understandable that some of the facts may a gotten a bit hazy…
Heck when HF posted his thoughts… my initial impression was geeez did I miss that all these years. He acknowledges the mistake
Get over it

happy feet
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 11:01am It’s also something that happened almost 30 years ago and hasn’t been spoken about in great detail. It’s understandable that some of the facts may a gotten a bit hazy…
Heck when HF posted his thoughts… my initial impression was geeez did I miss that all these years. He acknowledges the mistake
Get over it
This is just a chance for Saynta to lay the boots in. I expect another well known contributor as well.

Yes I got it wrong.

You don’t see too many on here admit that.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 11:01am
happy feet wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 10:53am

You were wrong alright and should never have posted such utter rubbish in the first place. f****** unbelievable.
People who live in glass houses Saynta….

saynta
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 11:08am
skeptic wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 11:01am It’s also something that happened almost 30 years ago and hasn’t been spoken about in great detail. It’s understandable that some of the facts may a gotten a bit hazy…
Get over it
This is just a chance for Saynta to lay the boots in. I expect another well known contributor as well.

Yes I got it wrong.

Rubbish. You printed crap and got called out. :roll: :roll: :roll: Outrageous hurtful rubbish.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

It would be nice if forumites could continue having discussions without people that aren’t involved jumping in to start conflict with people that they have issues with. Sadly there’s form here with at least 1/3 of the board I reckon. Hate that this clogs up the board

happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 11:09am
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

No, it’s not about what I posted it’s you in your glee about me getting it wrong. That’s all this is about. I admitted I made a mistake, but no, that’s not good enough for you. It’s about you being self righteous and your ego , nothing more. It’s you and another poster who are only on here to get stuck into people when they can and don’t you hate being called out.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 11:38am
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

No, it’s not about what I posted it’s you in your glee about me getting it wrong. That’s all this is about. I admitted I made a mistake, but no, that’s not good enough for you. It’s about you being self righteous and your ego , nothing more. It’s you and another poster who are only on here to get stuck into people when they can and don’t you hate being called out.
Do you know how hurtful it would be for Alves to read the erroneous s*** you posted about his deceased son or do you even care?

You have form boy. you called young Georgina am idiot and a fool in the mistaken belief her leave of absence has something to do with her being anti vax.....wrong again.

You also called Ratts, rotten.

Frankly if I wasn't highlighting your stupid childish posts, I would just ignore you.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 11:35am
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

It would be nice if forumites could continue having discussions without people that aren’t involved jumping in to start conflict with people that they have issues with. Sadly there’s form here with at least 1/3 of the board I reckon. Hate that this clogs up the board
Pot kettle black. Never have you spoken truer words. You need to take a good look at yourself and stop accusing others of your greatest sin. Talk about ironic. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Accusing someone of exactly the same thing you have done in this thread. I suppose the stupidity of that is lost on you. Hence the only reason I have replied to you after all these years. irresistible actually.

You need to get over yourself and stop stalking me and taking pot shots when ever you think an opportunity exists. :evil:
Last edited by saynta on Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 2:42pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

Pot kettle black. Never have you spoken truer words. You need to take a good look at yourself and stop accusing others of your greatest sin. Talk about ironic. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You need to get over yourself and stop stalking me and taking pot shots when ever you think an opportunity exists. :evil:
Time to change your Nic again Stinger/Saynta
Perhaps stop spewing out vitriolic rubbish and posters won’t have an issue??
It’s a very common trend in your threads...

“Yeah….nah””
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

How about you just stop constantly getting into conflict with every forumite and frequently having cheap shots unprovoked.

It’s always you Saynta. Always you.

Like Teflon in the other thread, the discussion doesn’t involve you, isn’t about you and you just launch in with nasty comments.

Even when ppl bring up that they feel harassed by you, you don’t let up.
I reckon you’re a feature in 70% of all SS conflict. Me, I have no ongoing issues with anyone but you which sadly is the case for a lot of other ppl too. You want to carry on like you have for years fine… but I’m calling out you’re bullying/harassment BS when you pull that staff on others. It ain’t ok
Last edited by skeptic on Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:02pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

How about you just stop constantly getting into conflict with every forumite and frequently having cheap shots unprovoked.

Like Teflon in the other thread, the discussion doesn’t involve you, isn’t about you and you just launch in with nasty comments.

I reckon you’re a feature in 70% of all SS conflict. Me, I have no ongoing issues with anyone but you which sadly is the case for a lot of other ppl too
You and your mate have been harrassing and stalking me for years.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:01pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

And you don't? I don't go around calling others inbeciles like you do.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

I reckon you’re a feature in 70% of all SS conflict. Me, I have no ongoing issues with anyone but you which sadly is the case for a lot of other ppl too. You want to carry on like you have for years fine… but I’m calling out you’re bullying/harassment BS when you pull that staff on others. It ain’t ok
The fact that I have ignored your posts for years hasn't stopped you having cheap shots at me.

You have harassed me and stalked me for years. You are the bully along with teffers or whatever he is called. Have been for years.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:01pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

You obviously don't read your posts. Calling Grant Thomas a gutter crawler is about as low as one could get.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:11pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

The fact that I have ignored your posts for years hasn't stopped you having cheap shots at me.

You have harassed me and stalked me for years. You are the bully along with teffers or whatever he is called. Have been for years.
It’s sad that you don’t own your behaviour. You have had cracks frequently for a decade since a particular thread calling out hateful behaviour and you know it.
Nothing would make me happier then you ignoring me but you won’t… leaving you alone just makes you bolder.

Don’t play tot for tat and cry foul. I tried ignoring you, I’ve apologised, I’ve asked for cease fire and every time you throw it in my face and just have more unprovoked digs.

At least own it.

Now I don’t bother diplomacy and call the behaviour out

happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 2:32pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

Do you know how hurtful it would be for Alves to read the erroneous s*** you posted about his deceased son or do you even care?

You have form boy. you called young Georgina am idiot and a fool in the mistaken belief her leave of absence has something to do with her being anti vax.....wrong again.

Frankly if I wasn't highlighting your stupid childish posts, I would just ignore you.
Please show me the post about Georgina and the one about Ratts. I have never posted on these issues. So please post them here. Time to put up or shut up Saynta.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:16pm
saynta wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:11pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

It’s sad that you don’t own your behaviour. You have had cracks frequently for a decade since a particular thread calling out hateful behaviour and you know it.
Nothing would make me happier then you ignoring me but you won’t… leaving you alone just makes you bolder.

Don’t play tot for tat and cry foul.

At least own it
That's comnplete bulls*** and you know it. You are not worth replying too and I usually don't. I won't be in future.

You are just paroniod if you think anything I usually post is about you. It isn't. Doesn't stop you trying to infer when ever you get the opportunity that I am responsible for certain disputes when i believe the exact opposite to be the case.

You and teflon are bullies and jump into threads which are none of your business, then you have the hide to accuse me of doing the same thing. Your pile ons are predictable.

Get on with your life and leave me out of your bitterness.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:31pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

Please show me the post about Georgina and the one about Ratts. I have never posted on these issues. So please post them here. Time to put up or shut up Saynta.
Well, this time it is for me to offer you an apology and say I am sorry. Very sorry in the circumstances. I got you mixed up with a really obnoxious poster. It wasn't you.

Contrary to what you claim I do apologize when I am in the wrong and I clearly was this time.

I did come down hard on you and that's because I have had family members commit suicide. It is horrible for the people left behind.

Once again, please accept my apology.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I hope you stick to it this time

Bet you’ll make a reference to your stalker out of nowhere within a week or two though

Seriously… go into your history and search the word stalker
8 references to me right there.

But continue to feign innocence

happy feet
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:41pm
happy feet wrote: Sun 24 Oct 2021 3:31pm
Get over it

Yes I got it wrong.

Well, this time it is for me to offer you an apology and say I am sorry. Very sorry in the circumstances. I got you mixed up with a really obnoxious poster. It wasn't you.

Contrary to what you claim I do apologize when I am in the wrong and I clearly was this time.

I did come down hard on you and that's because I have had family members commit suicide. It is horrible for the people left behind.

Once again, please accept my apology.
Saynta I accept your apology. Not long after I had made that post I thought oh sh!t I should delete it but it was too late as it was commented upon. I’m sorry your family has had to deal with this situation. You get to my age and we all know someone who has just found life too hard and bailed out. I wish I had never made that post and also apologise for anyone who was offended or hurt by it.