St Kilda Performance on Footy Show Review

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Spinner wrote:
degruch wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
skeptic wrote:I work in psychiatry at an emergency department

there you see REAL issues

anyone who is outraged does not have a balanced view of life

it was an act in the theme of the revue - it was not real

it wasn't making a statement

it was just a bit of fun... no one forced you to watch

people need lives
End of story.

Tempted to lock this thread, just so people understand there are far more important issues in life.
Surely you two rocket scientists have worked out why it is an issue by now. It has absolutely nothing to do with people who haven't got lives. I'd hate to hear your relationship counselling..."Just get over it mate, she's gaaaawn"???

It's not an issue. The media do not decide what is an issue or not.

If you're so filthy with it ring up MTV because that Pitball clip get played everytime I'm at the gym.

And more importantly. Get a life.
So many losers on this site - if you morons are happy with the club's employees (again) perpetuating the negative image we have rightly or wrongly won this year, then you'll probably think it's a non-issue, along with all the dumb f*** bogans on Facebook. The club is a business, I'm glad they're giving the players stick over it.
Nothing in that sketch was demeaning to women.

The whole revue (all clubs included) is a laugh.

The Saints are coming!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Nothing in that sketch was demeaning to women.

Maybe, maybe not...I'm sure there's plenty of women that find that sort of thing pretty demeaning, but it's not really the point. The point is the topic of the skit (which essentially infers a decent night out for the boys is hanging out in a strip club) is pretty close to the bone for a club that's been battling a poor image in this respect the last 2 years (and prior). The club finds it in poor taste, should they get a life?

If the players had done anything else, it might have been fine, but this kind of thumbing their noses at an obvious issue was always going to upset the club, and possibly sponsors, and I'm not sure how many family memberships it drags in either. That's the way the club is seeing it, that's the way I'm seeing it, doesn't make either of us Fred Nile. The players deserved a wrap on the knuckles.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why is it still so hard for people to fathom that some of us are purely looking at this from a perspective of taking off our

for a minute....

and putting on our imaginary corporate hats?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Why is it still so hard for people to fathom that some of us are purely looking at this from a perspective of taking off our

for a minute....

and putting on our imaginary corporate hats?
Wot, you got a problems with hats? Get a life! :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

oh ffs ...get a life pple.....not worth a f****** comment imhfo.... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:oh ffs ...get a life pple.....not worth a f****** comment imhfo.... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:
I seem to recall that you really didn't like centrebet as a sponsor?

Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but people who say this isn't worth worrying about, better get used to reputable brands keeping a fair distance.

(serious question that won't require pretend swearing)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:oh ffs ...get a life pple.....not worth a f****** comment imhfo.... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:
http://www.theage.com.au/business/st-ge ... 1k20a.html

dragit
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Doesn't help too much that "StGeorge" won't exist in that guise…

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
degruch wrote:
Yeah the "hot potato" angle appears to be only one factor and IMO not the crucial factor.

Nonetheless it makes a far better headline than the other boring strategic reasons :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
I seem to recall that you really didn't like centrebet as a sponsor?

Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but people who say this isn't worth worrying about, better get used to reputable brands keeping a fair distance.

(serious question that won't require pretend swearing)

you are right on the centrebet issue...but ffs....and it would be real swearing only for the filter......the only problem with the footy show sketch is that the press made an issue out if it because it was st kilda...they wouldn't have given a tuppenny f*** if it was some other side.....and i presume you are talking about sponsors only because of your comments...i certainly haven't read this thread.....ffs....and don't intend too....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
dragit wrote:
degruch wrote:
Yeah the "hot potato" angle appears to be only one factor and IMO not the crucial factor.

Nonetheless it makes a far better headline than the other boring strategic reasons :roll:
Crucial factor: Asked directly if the scandals involving St Kilda over the past two years had played a role in the bank's decision, a source at the bank replied: ''yes.''

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
dragit wrote:
degruch wrote:
stinger wrote:oh ffs ...get a life pple.....not worth a f****** comment imhfo.... :roll:  :roll:  :evil:  :evil:

Nonetheless it makes a far better headline than the other boring strategic reasons  :roll:
Crucial factor: Asked directly if the scandals involving St Kilda over the past two years had played a role in the bank's decision, a source at the bank replied: ''yes.''
Like most media reporting there's a fair bit of licencegramsn.

Even so, an answer of "yes" to a question of "did it play a role" is hardly proof of it being a "crucial" factor.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
dragit wrote:
degruch wrote:
stinger wrote:oh ffs ...get a life pple.....not worth a f****** comment imhfo.... :roll:  :roll:  :evil:  :evil:

Nonetheless it makes a far better headline than the other boring strategic reasons  :roll:
Like most media reporting there's a fair bit of licencegramsn.

Even so, an answer of "yes" to a question of "did it play a role" is hardly proof of it being a "crucial" factor.
There was a more lengthy statement from a St George rep broadcast on TV backing this up...followed by a spokesperson from the club say "Aw get a farkin' sense of humour ya prude...FFS...get a loif".

You can pretend it didn't happen, but the club knows the image we've created over the last few years (which the Footy Show skit summed up so nicely) is hurting it. For once I agree with B4E, the admin at the club should have been right on top of this, instead we are left looking stupid in damage control.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

10 pages??

seriously?????

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:10 pages??

seriously?????

that's four times now..... :wink: :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

...or is it 5......????...f***...whose counting???? :wink: :twisted:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah
scarey shite

:shock:

each to their own i guess
i never even saw the skit
didnt even watch the show!!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

" I'd hate to hear your relationship counselling..."Just get over it mate, she's gaaaawn"!!!

That hurt.
That actually happened to me.

Set off to the blue mountains , where she took my kids , for our first (she arranged) counselling session.
A kookaburra flew into my windscreen just after i set off ... (should of known then!)
but anyway , silly gary fronted up thinking he was gunna save his marriage (i actually thought she was just having a long 'monthly' and she'd fall back into my arms.

Saw her for like 30 seconds , he took me by the arm before i walked into the centre , and delivered that immortal line.

The car drove me home.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:" I'd hate to hear your relationship counselling..."Just get over it mate, she's gaaaawn"!!!

That hurt.

Set off to the blue mountains , where she took my kids , for our first (she arranged) counselling session.
A kookaburra flew into my windscreen just after i set off ... (should of known then!)
but anyway , silly gary fronted up thinking he was gunna save his marriage (i actually thought she was just having a long 'monthly' and she'd fall back into my arms.

Saw her for like 30 seconds , he took me by the arm before i walked into the centre , and delivered that immortal line.

The car drove me home.
:cry: sad story mate...didn't anybody ever tell you that they are all just divorce counsellors....

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

gazrat wrote:" I'd hate to hear your relationship counselling..."Just get over it mate, she's gaaaawn"!!!

That hurt.

The car drove me home.
:cry: .... The Mr has been married before and his EX just took off one day then proceeded to bleed him dry - us women can be hard nosed bitch*s - lucky the Mr found me I'm a nice one and I hope you find your nice one...

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Just how much more dumb could a group of blokes be? The Footy show was NEVER going to show us in a good light and in view of all thats gone before, I would have thought that there would have been SOMEONE at the club who would have put the blocks on any of our playing staff being involved in ANY way with that lot!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

You can't blame 'the board'…

It is the media managers job to be on top of this stuff, if you think the entire board has time to assess every media media moment you have no idea…

There is a role to look after this and if they got it wrong they should be held accountable.

SACK THE CLOWNING FOOLS!!!

THIS!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:Nothing in that sketch was demeaning to women.

Maybe, maybe not...I'm sure there's plenty of women that find that sort of thing pretty demeaning, but it's not really the point. The point is the topic of the skit (which essentially infers a decent night out for the boys is hanging out in a strip club) is pretty close to the bone for a club that's been battling a poor image in this respect the last 2 years (and prior). The club finds it in poor taste, should they get a life?

If the players had done anything else, it might have been fine, but this kind of thumbing their noses at an obvious issue was always going to upset the club, and possibly sponsors, and I'm not sure how many family memberships it drags in either. That's the way the club is seeing it, that's the way I'm seeing it, doesn't make either of us Fred Nile. The players deserved a wrap on the knuckles.

No it wasn't.

Sam fisher also undid his top. Does that make it demeaning to men. Oh thus right I forgot, as the way with this world rules for some and not for others. Sick of it.

And it wasn't a strip club for boys. The girls they were dancing with were clothed. And strip clubs don't have dance floors. If they did I be there week in week out because I don't mind a bit of d-floor action.

And StGeorge ceases to exist under that name. Sponsors also renew and move on periodically every two years or so. It's because the value of sponsorship is quite hard and difficult to measure. Also they are in NAB's shadow in the football world.

And if asked, a smart person will always take the high ground and say it was a factor. But a dumb person will eat the line up.

Oh wait. I'm the dumb person. Except I don't use Facebook. Pity.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

A storm in a C-cup!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Oh wait. I'm the dumb person. Except I don't use Facebook. Pity.
Give it a try.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I just don't get how rational ppl can see this as an issue

by all reports the whole revue had a rather provocative flavor to it and this was one aspect to it.

if your genuinely offended by this, I think you have a poor balance in your life... it's a non-issue in a world full of serious stuff

is it any more offensive then underbelly on ch9

there's all this poverty and crime and other social issues out there and this is what ppl feel outraged about... a consensual song and dance

the club's not making a statement

ppl need to get some perspective