LYON RECEPTION THIS FRIDAY NIGHT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: LYON RECEPTION THIS FRIDAY NIGHT

Scollop wrote:I heard Lyon in an interview call his side a 'very young side'. Typical of the man...he's already coming up with excuses before the match is even played LOL
It's going to funny how all the experts and all the Lyon backers will tell you after the Saints smash the Dockers, and that they're still a developing team. Some on here think they are a finals contender, but I reckon North Melbourne have a better team and Adelaide have more chances of getting in this year and the Tigers could surprise also...It's going to be tough to knock out the Saints or the The Swans and you'd think that Essendon have a good chance of sneaking in. I wonder what the Lyon devotees will be saying if the Dockers don't make the 8 this year and next?!! In any case, the Dockers will continue to be mediocre and Rossco's win loss ratio will drop considerably if he coaches out his contract.

The credit for our success lies mainly with our core group of champs and on field stars. The bloke lacked the leadership and the coaching skill to win a Grand Final with a team that was so dominant in 2009. The Dockers board have shown that they won't be afraid to stick in the knife if Lyon doesn't deliver. I have some good advice for Lyon to maintain his reputation. Quit in 3years time before that win loss ratio starts reflecting your true worth.

Just because you say the same things all the time it doesnt make it right. All it does is prove you know little about the game.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I am afraid that tonight we are going to be reminded how good a coach Ross Lyon is. They will stangle us to death..I really hope I am wrong but I am not confident at all. It's going to be a long night.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I am afraid that tonight we are going to be reminded how good a coach Ross Lyon is. They will stangle us to death..I really hope I am wrong but I am not confident at all. It's going to be a long night.
I am afraid of that to, but I am hoping that our fowards in roo kosi Stanley with help from mcevoy might be to good for them, well that's the dream anyway

I love this club
stkildajason3votes
Club Player

Milne wrote:I am going to be there giving it to Zack Dawson about how he cost us the Grand Final in 2009 by taking Maxi's spot. Ross Lyon will not doubt be jeered, but I won't be doing anything out of the ordinary towards him.

i will just laugh at the 20 cent piece he holds between his buttchechecks when he walks on and off the ground.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

toughen up ffs

we'll smash them physically

watch sandilands and we'll be right

saints by 27+

Megamaguire
Club Player

Glad to say the best reception Ross and 'his' dockers may well get will come from Steven & Armitage. I've been very happy and relieved to see both pressing forward with their development to becoming top-line players. I'll always appreciated the strong efforts of Ross Lyon in bringing the Saints close to the holy grail twice so i couldn't jeer him. However that's all he gets right now as the main focus for myself is the exciting new game plan the players are building with the guidance of Scotty Watters.
I believe the senior players have realised finals footy and 'Saints footy' can happen simultaneusly in 2012 and there is therefore plenty to feel positive about. S. Watters proved he can make potentially good players into very effective and strong team players especially recently at Pieland - his work with Leon Davis was pretty inspirational. I'm sure this gives St.Kilda players added confidence in him .

Good luck Gilbe have a good game tonight!
GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why would they have dropped a klunky forward and replaced him with a zippy small if they were going to flood?

I think RL mentality will be to try and beat the Saints in the manner that the Bombers beat the Saints under him.

These days you have Steven, Stanley, Milera, Geary buzzing around...it's not so scary?

BTW, I am so sick of the 'will the Saints boo or not'

Think there are bigger issues, surely.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:The credit for our success lies mainly with our core group of champs and on field stars.

I agree with that and feel that Ross in general is overrated as a coach.

His obsession with defence and lack of adventure lets him down IMO.

People forget how strong a playing list we have had these past eight years or so.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I am afraid that tonight we are going to be reminded how good a coach Ross Lyon is. They will stangle us to death..I really hope I am wrong but I am not confident at all. It's going to be a long night.

I agree they will strangle us, but the saints should have an excellent idea of how to defeat it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:'

Think there are bigger issues, surely.
Prayer rooms?

We have the cattle (fit cattle at that) and enough experience where it matters to realise that first hands at the fall will win the game. Our mids are firing. Junkyard dogs at stoppages. Our forward set up is cooking. They can't take them all.

Saints by five goals pulling away.

That said I predict significant spite... Will be a bruiser.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Saints43
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:If i was Lyon i would turn around and tell them to go back to their $30,000 a year job and there 1 bedroom house, with weeds out the front etc. Ross Lyon has acheived more then most of the Nimbats that will give him crap.
At least they didn't lose their one bedroom house on a horse called 'Mining Investment'.

And they probably live in the city of their choice.

Maybe when the genius has put his family out on the street again he can earn some money tending their gardens.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Scollop wrote:The credit for our success lies mainly with our core group of champs and on field stars.

I agree with that and feel that Ross in general is overrated as a coach.

His obsession with defence and lack of adventure lets him down IMO.

People forget how strong a playing list we have had these past eight years or so.
It only seems like days ago (actually last year) how I was reading how we had the worst bottom 6 in the comp and our list was not that stong.

So tell me carl which one is it.

Because according to many last year before he left Lyon was a genius for getting our weak list into GFs

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I just want Stanley and Tezza to kick 3 goals each and Armo and Simpkin to have good games so the message is sent out that we have well and truely moved on and RL is history at our club.
Saints by 6 goals.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

How did this work out for everyone?

Did you all feel better?

I'm just devastated that we lost to an average interstate team at home.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:How did this work out for everyone?

Did you all feel better?

I'm just devastated that we lost to an average interstate team at home.

erm...ok.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Didnt go to plan.

Walked past Ross........he was too busy p!ssing himself laughing at St Kilda tonotice me.

I then went home.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Everyone as in?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Everyone as in?
As in those that were going to boo and jeer and heckle Lyon and laugh at the way he walked. I was just curious if they felt the loss any less than others.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Everyone as in?
As in those that were going to boo and jeer and heckle Lyon and laugh at the way he walked. I was just curious if they felt the loss any less than others.
Wasn't many, a few lined the race where he walked up...chances any of them posting on here are slim I reckon.

andrewg
Club Player

One word

LAME

Majority
Club Player

mcadam05
Club Player

Majority wrote:

prepare's too????? what no photo of him doing it :roll:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Everyone as in?
As in those that were going to boo and jeer and heckle Lyon and laugh at the way he walked. I was just curious if they felt the loss any less than others.[/quote]

Wasn't many, a few lined the race where he walked up...chances any of them posting on here are slim I reckon.[/quote]

Don't know where you were Sainterk but plenty got stuck into him. I was sitting in aisle 8 row a. Right next to where the opposition team coach walks past. I have NEVER seen a coach heckled and abused like that before. Most of it was in good fun (I thought) but imo it was starting to get out of hand as the night wore on - and probably the alcohol for some kicked in. Parts of it were amusing ie when a young bloke threw a whole heap of Monopoly money into the air as he walked down the aisle. Of course security warned him about it and threatened to throw him out :roll:

I certainly wasn't part of the 'mob'. A part of me thought it's just part of the footy, another part of me thought it was a mob mentality. Others were getting in on the act because there were cameras everywhere. Didn't see Ross stop once or even acknowledge the crowd. All pretty silly I thought, especially when most of us are more than happy with Watters.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough Moods, you were closer.

I was on the other side, and it didn't sound like much from there at all.