Jamie Cripps-Mitch Brown? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jamie Cripps-Mitch Brown? !!

White Winmar wrote:All I'm saying Bergholt, is that we don't want to pay too much for a guy who has a less than flattering record.
There are plenty of players available who would be at least his equal. The Pelican will have a plan B. Surely WC doesn't realistically expect us to trade pick 13 or even 23 for him? There are other options out there. You've named 5 for a start. With all the chest beating from WC, I'm sure the deal will get done for Brown about 10 minutes before the deadline.
I completely agree we don't want to pay too much. But you didn't answer my question - who would be your preference of the other guys available? Price aside how would you rate the available options? Are Gillies or Pears, for instance, better options than Brown?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jamie Cripps-Mitch Brown? !!

bergholt wrote:
White Winmar wrote:All I'm saying Bergholt, is that we don't want to pay too much for a guy who has a less than flattering record.
There are plenty of players available who would be at least his equal. The Pelican will have a plan B. Surely WC doesn't realistically expect us to trade pick 13 or even 23 for him? There are other options out there. You've named 5 for a start. With all the chest beating from WC, I'm sure the deal will get done for Brown about 10 minutes before the deadline.
I completely agree we don't want to pay too much. But you didn't answer my question - who would be your preference of the other guys available? Price aside how would you rate the available options? Are Gillies or Pears, for instance, better options than Brown?

I don't know as much as the Pelican and co. I think Kyle Hartigan from the VFL would be as good as Brown, as would Pedersen and Gilham. I put my trust in those who watch these guys all year. If it's Brown, then so be it. They would know best. I do know a little about Brown, but I haven't seen him play much in the last year. I do know when I was involved in the process that there were questions about his character and application. Don't know if that is still the case, but the fact he can't get a game at WCE might be a clue. He can't get a game ahead of Schofield or McKenzie, neither of whom are world beaters.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!