Saintsational is dying...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saintsational is dying...

Likewise HSV, have a great day :)

“He's a mod, he's a mod, he's a mod yeah, yeah yeah yeah, he's a mod, he's a mod, yeah yeah….” 8-) :P

matrix
Saintsational Legend

congrats hsv
hope all goes well with the wedding
8-)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Congrats on the wedding!

But does anyone else find it a little strange that it is basically case of the volunteers operating the site will be absent for a big chunk of the season?
Now I think HSV most definitely has his priorities right. But why are no other extra mods appointed?

Volunteers do an excellent job. We probably just need a few more to spread the load. :idea:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Congrats on the wedding!

But does anyone else find it a little strange that it is basically case of the volunteers operating the site will be absent for a big chunk of the season?
Now I think HSV most definitely has his priorities right. But why are no other extra mods appointed?

Volunteers do an excellent job. We probably just need a few more to spread the load. :idea:

Why dont you have a go? You would be good. There the Spaceman, sainter K, Dragit and plenty of others. Surely the mods should ask for a volunteer for at least the footy season.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

congrats kingy.

... i suppose u know all about the 3 rings of marriage
the engagement ring
the wedding ring
then the suffering.

... but dunna let that stop ya.

theres always room for another effed up man on divorce row.
:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:Hi all.

Sorry for the lack of response etc over the last couple months. In fact, I have only logged on for a couple minutes when I have been getting PM's the few times that has happened recently.

Over the next 2 months or so I will probably be here even less, as I'm actually getting married within the next month. Way too much on my plate just at the moment, but will be back later in the year.

Would love to get into the forums setup, settings, abilities and content when time permits. As I don't really have the control over most of the settings here it's hard for me to just implement something.

Hopefully by the time I return we will have a few wins on the board!
Good luck with the wedding, but is the only comment we get from the mods on the subject along the lines of "Hey kids, mum and dad will be away for the weekend so just watch TV and don't fight before we get back"

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Good luck HSV and look forward to having you back on board when you have the time :)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

markp
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Good luck with the wedding, but is the only comment we get from the mods on the subject along the lines of "Hey kids, mum and dad will be away for the weekend so just watch TV and don't fight before we get back"

Greg T
Club Player

I agree with most of the others here,especially about saints Facebook page.
I for one post or look straight after the game,and there's plenty happening on that page (89 thou likes)
But that's not to say we want them all on here.
Put a link on saints Facebook page nod make this site I pad friendly etc.
Hopefully it will pick up....
Big win this week pleeeeeeeeaaaasssee

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sorry for the lack of response etc over the last couple months. In fact, I have only logged on for a couple minutes when I have been getting PM's the few times that has happened recently.

Over the next 2 months or so I will probably be here even less, as I'm actually getting married within the next month. Way too much on my plate just at the moment, but will be back later in the year.

Would love to get into the forums setup, settings, abilities and content when time permits. As I don't really have the control over most of the settings here it's hard for me to just implement something.

congrats on getting married mate......at least you are having a win on that front....now if only the saints can jag one...a win that is...... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Yep congrats on the wedding.

And if anyone wants to know if/why SS is dying, visit the Jack Watts pissing thread...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Yep congrats on the wedding.

And if anyone wants to know if/why SS is dying, visit the Jack Watts pissing thread...
Zachary!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Yep congrats on the wedding.

Zachary!
I knew secretly you rated Dawson ;)

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Cant be bothered really on SS anymore. Which is sad but honestly, being on SS is like being a Saints supporter, we turn up week after week with anticipation but end of the day leave disappointed most of the time.

To the few who contribute and don't sling mud, I'll still be a bit of a lurker from time to time and thanks for the insight.

Oh, SainterK, have I missed your 2013 prediction?

Re HSVKing, congrats! I'll do my best to go back to back for the SSvBFvTS league!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

10 years ago this site was a joy for an overseas Sainter. You have to wade through a lot these days to get to good info and insight. And I mean a lot!

My thought is that you say what you think, put your point of view, and leave it at that. All this bagging of other people's point of view is disrespectful.

Another posting area like a 'no holds barred' forum can be used by those of that persuasion. Or threads that become inflammatory can be moved there. Our version of BF's Bay 13. The worst offender is someone who simply can't spell. In my mind that undermines any argument he may have. I can't take it seriously, and never have. And never will.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:10 years ago this site was a joy for an overseas Sainter. You have to wade through a lot these days to get to good info and insight. And I mean a lot!

My thought is that you say what you think, put your point of view, and leave it at that. All this bagging of other people's point of view is disrespectful.

Another posting area like a 'no holds barred' forum can be used by those of that persuasion. Or threads that become inflammatory can be moved there. Our version of BF's Bay 13. The worst offender is someone who simply can't spell. In my mind that undermines any argument he may have. I can't take it seriously, and never have. And never will.

That's actually a pretty good suggestion in there Verndun66. Make a seperate forum and wouldn't "The Aanimal Enclosure" be an apt name. Someone should suggest it to the owners of SS.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:That's actually a pretty good suggestion in there Verndun66. Make a seperate forum and wouldn't "The Aanimal Enclosure" be an apt name. Someone should suggest it to the owners of SS.
There are owners? This place is a bit like that wrecked VB Commodore you see sitting on the side of the road with no plates or rego sticker. I suppose you could get the VIN and find out who technically "owns" it but really it's run by the rats and cockroaches now.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:That's actually a pretty good suggestion in there Verndun66. Make a seperate forum and wouldn't "The Aanimal Enclosure" be an apt name. Someone should suggest it to the owners of SS.
There are owners? This place is a bit like that wrecked VB Commodore you see sitting on the side of the road with no plates or rego sticker. I suppose you could get the VIN and find out who technically "owns" it but really it's run by the rats and cockroaches now.
well, the rats, coachroaches and slimeballs think they run the joint.....they don't...and that would be news to them.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:10 years ago this site was a joy for an overseas Sainter. You have to wade through a lot these days to get to good info and insight. And I mean a lot!

As another has already stated...great idea Verdun66.

The Ainimal Enclosure, should be created.

* Forumites can either go straight there, or if they start something in the main forum the two or three concerned can adjourn to The Animal Enclousre to continue their joust. They can then have their "fun" without impairing the majority.

* If more than post or two of "jousting" posts appears in the main forum in a thread they should just be deleted.

SO IN SUMMARY TO DATE

* Open up the forum...so we gain new blood
* Look at more modern features (though I can understand if perhaps time to admin these may be an issue)
* Appoint more volunteer mods to spread the load, and to recognise the reality that no mod will be on here a lot.
* Create The The Animal Enclosure
* Just delete any jousting posts...mods to advise the forumites concerned to use The Ainimal Enclosure. Forumites who do not comply to then get "holidays"

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

As another has already stated...great idea Verdun66.

The Ainimal Enclosure, should be created.

* Forumites can either go straight there, or if they start something in the main forum the two or three concerned can adjourn to The Animal Enclousre to continue their joust. They can then have their "fun" without impairing the majority.

* If more than post or two of "jousting" posts appears in the main forum in a thread they should just be deleted.

SO IN SUMMARY TO DATE

* Open up the forum...so we gain new blood
* Look at more modern features (though I can understand if perhaps time to admin these may be an issue)
* Appoint more volunteer mods to spread the load, and to recognise the reality that no mod will be on here a lot.
* Create The The Animal Enclosure
* Just delete any jousting posts...mods to advise the forumites concerned to use The Ainimal Enclosure. Forumites who do not comply to then get "holidays"
Hey if the Animal Encloser is a goer...who would be the mods for that...P66 and BM? and could the rules be similar to old style cage fighting. It would be HUUUUUGE!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

how'd you go forwarding some of the questions to the 'owner(s)' battye?

8-)

spert
Saintsational Legend

So who is the actual webmaster for this site- the one who manages the content and logs into the ISP to control the content??

markp
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Oh, SainterK, have I missed your 2013 prediction?
Good pont!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
St Ick wrote:Oh, SainterK, have I missed your 2013 prediction?
Good pont!!!

You both missed it. She predicted SS was dying.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Is your Fiancé free? We'll take anyone as mods nowadays!!.... desperate times ...and all that...

“Yeah….nah””