Who the HELL????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

Re: Who the HELL????

Noticed Kosi's misses saying it's a beat up on Twitter , spose she waited until she heard the whole story from a reliable source than jumping at shadows ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Now don't get too upset

Alright i have learnt a little more today and what I have learnt isnt an excuse but it probably shows why mad Mondays are plain mad these days. Firstly the person I spoke to cant explain why the dwarfs were hired in the first place and if anything he sees that as more of a problem than what actually happened.

Anyway as per stupid mad monday traditions which there were many yesterday one was lighting players clothes and another player putting it out and the rest of the group singing happy bithday. Players knew this as going to happen. The small people were there for their full 2 hours and saw this constantly happen as they were the door bitches for the day. the problem was one player, no names no pack drills, decided to light the small persons clothes and another quickly put it out and they sang happy birthday to him. The small person wasnt upset at the time and laughed about it and then left when his time was up. the players didnt think anymore of it until today when they heard on the news. The club arent happy at all but thats pretty much what happened. Like I said no excuse and maybe mad Mondays just have to stop like footy trips have.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Alright i have learnt a little more today and what I have learnt isnt an excuse but it probably shows why mad Mondays are plain mad these days. Firstly the person I spoke to cant explain why the dwarfs were hired in the first place and if anything he sees that as more of a problem than what actually happened.

Anyway as per stupid mad monday traditions which there were many yesterday one was lighting players clothes and another player putting it out and the rest of the group singing happy bithday. Players knew this as going to happen. The small people were there for their full 2 hours and saw this constantly happen as they were the door bitches for the day. the problem was one player, no names no pack drills, decided to light the small persons clothes and another quickly put it out and they sang happy birthday to him. The small person wasnt upset at the time and laughed about it and then left when his time was up. the players didnt think anymore of it until today when they heard on the news. The club arent happy at all but thats pretty much what happened. Like I said no excuse and maybe mad Mondays just have to stop like footy trips have.

Im disgusted how dare they lower the celebration of birthdays like this. Wheres my high horse.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Alright i have learnt a little more today and what I have learnt isnt an excuse but it probably shows why mad Mondays are plain mad these days. Firstly the person I spoke to cant explain why the dwarfs were hired in the first place and if anything he sees that as more of a problem than what actually happened.

Sounds like BS pluggs… it's clearly a hate crime against disabled people & they all need to go to jail.

I am burning my membership and ringing A Current Affair.

Think I'll start barracking for one of those good clubs with great cultures.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
markp wrote:It's of far lesser relevance that he's a dwarf, someone was hired for a function and set alight, apparently receiving injuries.

I dont like the idea of a dwarf doing something like that for money either... sometimes dwarves are injured and occasionally killed by drunks randomly picking them up and throwing them, all given the idea by a few (idiots) who've chosen to do that for money.

But saying he cant complain because he sets himself up as funny is like saying a stripper cant complain if someone grabs them inappropriately, or a chick in revealing clothes is just asking for it. And things that may be considered ok to do to a close mate are not necessarily ok to do to hired strangers.

I wouldn't have thought that was difficult to understand.
It's not.
I think we need to wait to hear what the club has to say. The Herald Sun are not renown for getting the story 'correct'. They gave life to a story from an emotionally disturbed young woman that was proven to be an out and out liar and more recently, their reporting on the Essendon doping scandal was far from accurate.

Storm in a tea cup and great publicity for those involved in the issue. The partner of the alleged victim is lapping up his 5 minutes in the spotlight. To say he is not, then you are obviously not watching or reading the news and social media. Bit of grandstanding over a prank (that full details have yet to emerge from) and has been so far blown out of proportion that it is bordering on the ridiculous. No one says that the alleged victim cannot complain, but why not try getting the facts first before heading straight for the media? The partner of the alleged victim clearly stated in his interview that he should 'go after compensation' before even trying to contact club or get to the bottom of what actually happened.

Political correctness has gone mad these days. We are such a litigious society now. It is 'shoot' first, get the facts second. I openly admit that I find this humorous and I won't apologise for it. The only thing that would change my mind is if facts came to light to say that the player in question deliberately set about to harm or injure the person involved. That would change the whole situation and it would not matter what their gender, race, etc was. I would be the first to call for their head.

Think we all need to step back and take the situation for what it is before we jump onto our moral high horses and started bleating about crimes against (and I quote mark from the USA) 'the disabled' (which I don't believe dwarves to be but stand to be corrected if I am wrong). Simply a prank that was not appreciated by another party. End of story.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not a concept i get at all, but they don't have to stop at all.

You just need to put the resources in and make sure they are adequately supervised.

Biggest mistake next to nobody from admin crossing little entertainers off the list, is that nobody took the calls to the club seriously enough, and that it's 24 hours later and nothing from the club yet.

Richter
SS Life Member

Shhh plugger, it's an affront to all disabled people everywhere, and we all have to get up in arms and, and, and... OMG!!!!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Anyway as per stupid mad monday traditions which there were many yesterday one was lighting players clothes and another player putting it out and the rest of the group singing happy bithday. Players knew this as going to happen. The small people were there for their full 2 hours and saw this constantly happen as they were the door bitches for the day. the problem was one player, no names no pack drills, decided to light the small persons clothes and another quickly put it out and they sang happy birthday to him. The small person wasnt upset at the time and laughed about it and then left when his time was up. the players didnt think anymore of it until today when they heard on the news. The club arent happy at all but thats pretty much what happened. Like I said no excuse and maybe mad Mondays just have to stop like footy trips have.
That is totally at odds with this...
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... z2dnRvm5F3
A spokesman from the wrestling company said in a statement that Johnston had sustained no injury, but was "very distressed" by the incident.
"He’s a performer who relies on his self-esteem and confidence to be able to perform at events like this. Tonight he’s feeling very miserable and spending time with friends. He’s very distressed," said the statement, which was read on Channel Nine’s Footy Classified.
"The players around him immediately helped him put the fire out and definitely weren’t happy with what happened.
"Blake was humiliated and left immediately. He was lit on fire on the lower back from behind and had no idea of it until feeling it."
Somebody is lying.
Last edited by Life Long Saint on Tue 03 Sep 2013 2:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

spert
Saintsational Legend

So irrespective of dwarf or any other entertainment, a d**khead or dickheads from the St Kilda football club inside a popular venue, are setting fire to people's clothing- sigh. The CLUB gained a lot of respect from our handling of last week's game, and now we go back to looking like fools.

I would either sack the persons involved, or just ban them from playing for 4 weeks in the new season- strong leadership is needed here.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Not a concept i get at all, but they don't have to stop at all.

You just need to put the resources in and make sure they are adequately supervised.

Biggest mistake next to nobody from admin crossing little entertainers off the list, is that nobody took the calls to the club seriously enough, and that it's 24 hours later and nothing from the club yet.

The club are investigating the incident.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

The club are investigating the incident.
After not getting anyone to take their calls, they went of Facebook...then the club investigated.

If someone rings on mad Monday, take the call.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK, you are way off base on this one.

Why was it a mistake to hire dwarves? This particular partnership offer a service and make a good living from it.

Also, why did the players need to be supervised? They did nothing wrong. They were not rolling on the streets drunk, they were not harassing or belting up the general population. Also, who is to say they were not supervised? Maybe the supervisors found this prank amusing also and have a sense of humour and saw it for what it was?

There is NOTHING to this story apart from The Herald Sun running crap and certain sections of society that are ready to jump onto a cause and claim discrimination as soon as an article comes to light that will give them a platform to do so.

HUMOUR PEOPLE, SUGGEST YOU GO FIND YOUR SENSE OF THIS AND LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Milney's retired. Saad is suspended. Terry is injured. Schneider is a week to week proposition. Could we settle the matter by offering the little man a spot on our senior list in 2014 as a small forward. Might perform better than Saad did this year. :wink:

SO why go off half cocked this morning then?
This sounds exactly how it would have played out.
I also agree, the worst crime (probably) is hiring the dwarfs in the first place, always a big risk...
Not that it stops TFS from humiliating them every year....Does TJ follow that up?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

I also agree, the worst crime (probably) is hiring the dwarfs in the first place, always a big risk...
Not that it stops TFS from humiliating them every year....Does TJ follow that up?

I went off half cocked as you put it because i still think it is stupid and I still cant defend it but i at least know the story now. Pretty sure many go off half cocked without knowing the full story afterall none of us are involved with anything to do with the club so 99% of what we say is guess work.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:nobody from admin crossing little entertainers off the list
You keep saying that… why would 'little entertainers' be banned?

It's not really to my taste in entertainment, but I seem to remember the footy show using 'little entertainers' so it must be funny to some?

I think setting people alight is the main issue here… let's ban that… the height of the entertainers is largely irrelevant as far as I can tell.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Anyway as per stupid mad monday traditions which there were many yesterday one was lighting players clothes and another player putting it out and the rest of the group singing happy bithday. Players knew this as going to happen. The small people were there for their full 2 hours and saw this constantly happen as they were the door bitches for the day. the problem was one player, no names no pack drills, decided to light the small persons clothes and another quickly put it out and they sang happy birthday to him. The small person wasnt upset at the time and laughed about it and then left when his time was up. the players didnt think anymore of it until today when they heard on the news. The club arent happy at all but thats pretty much what happened. Like I said no excuse and maybe mad Mondays just have to stop like footy trips have.
A spokesman from the wrestling company said in a statement that Johnston had sustained no injury, but was "very distressed" by the incident.
"He’s a performer who relies on his self-esteem and confidence to be able to perform at events like this. Tonight he’s feeling very miserable and spending time with friends. He’s very distressed," said the statement, which was read on Channel Nine’s Footy Classified.
"The players around him immediately helped him put the fire out and definitely weren’t happy with what happened.
"Blake was humiliated and left immediately. He was lit on fire on the lower back from behind and had no idea of it until feeling it."
Somebody is lying.

I will go with the little person because the pub also says he stayed for the full period and the person who told me the story had no reason to lie because i have heard plenty of stories off him worse than this one.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

I went off half cocked as you put it because i still think it is stupid and I still cant defend it but i at least know the story now. Pretty sure many go off half cocked without knowing the full story afterall none of us are involved with anything to do with the club so 99% of what we say is guess work.
No but you usually do wait for some sort of confirmation.
I think most if not all think its stupid, but hardly worth the media it got...
Certainly not worth the, "we will be laughed" at BS.....

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
Somebody is lying.

I will go with the little person because the pub also says he stayed for the full period and the person who told me the story had no reason to lie because i have heard plenty of stories off him worse than this one.
Hopefully you're right and it's all easily verified.

Richter
SS Life Member

From bigfooty
L_W_P wrote:Guys this is a non event.

I spent nearly 4 years working backstage at PCW shows. If I know Ken and Anne (the owners) then they sent the boys to the party with instructions to cause some sort of trouble.

Controversy creates cash.

Silly thing for the player to do IF it was a player, but I have no doubt PCW are pushing their own agenda in all of this.

There is no coincidence that this happened a week out from their 'biggest show of the year'.

The media will run with it because, just like those carny wrestling promoters, they know that controversy creates cash.

Stay tight Saints fans!

Richter
SS Life Member

From Alicia Kosi on twitter
@AliciaKosi wrote:As per usual things have been made to sound worse than what they are. Good bit of promotion for them anyway!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

It's not really to my taste in entertainment, but I seem to remember the footy show using 'little entertainers' so it must be funny to some?

I think setting people alight is the main issue here… let's ban that… the height of the entertainers is largely irrelevant as far as I can tell.
The set of the TFS has probably not been drinking copious amounts of alcohol akin to mad Monday.

I have nothing against little entertainers...

I was admittedly no good at maths at school, but

40 players + alcohol + mad Monday + fire lighter = headlines

It's not about humour, it's about common sense.

If people find it funny, I'm not judging them at all, as seems to be suggested by others.

I just think as far as running a footy club well, ours falls short.

I'm allowed to have an opinion.

People getting all worked up defending the players need to get a grip IMO.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
dragit wrote:

The set of the TFS has probably not been drinking copious amounts of alcohol akin to mad Monday.

I have nothing against little entertainers...

I was admittedly no good at maths at school, but

40 players + alcohol + mad Monday + fire lighter = headlines

It's not about humour, it's about common sense.

If people find it funny, I'm not judging them at all, as seems to be suggested by others.

I just think as far as running a footy club well, ours falls short.

I'm allowed to have an opinion.

People getting all worked up defending the players need to get a grip IMO.
Why, because YOU don't like it, we should all fall into line with you?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What?

I still don't understand what it's got to do with me liking it or not maverick.

I'm saying the headline isn't ideal, argue away if you think otherwise.

I'm not about to fight about the moral standpoint with you as my criticism is aimed at the clubs handling of it....find someone else to back and forth with if it was the right thing or not.