Saints in disarray

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in disarray

With neither side prepared to give an inch! TRAGIC! Fraser was a less than efficient CEO (IMHO) and being up against a similar ego on the council it was always going to end in tears!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

P66 it was completely about the money. The club was going to take on the majority of the debt and thus the increase in pokie revenue from the south rd complex underpinned the repayments. Money from both govts would have lessened the debt, thus meaning the big sticking point would cease to matter

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote:
tony74 wrote:Finances aren't great. 3 senior players are trade bait. 2 assistant coaches will go. Scott will be there till the end of 2016. We've been through worse.
Well with Dean Laidley today joining Jaymie Graham on the "out of here assistant coaches" list, and two players having been traded with the third (chips) deal not getting done, all that remains is for Scottie too Hottie to get his contract extension and I will officially be going to Tony74 for next weeks lotto numbers.

If this is all there is too our disarray strategy, I for one will be very disappointed. It was talked up as being so much bigger than this.........
Appreciate that True Believer. Maybe I do know what I'm talking about............ or maybe I'm just very good at guessing. I have a feeling what the majority of the negative nannys on the forum will think.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:P66 it was completely about the money. The club was going to take on the majority of the debt and thus the increase in pokie revenue from the south rd complex underpinned the repayments. Money from both govts would have lessened the debt, thus meaning the big sticking point would cease to matter

It may have been about money but it was due to the council not wanting the poker machines on South rd and even in the federal government put in money the council would have been required to put in some as well. They were never going to unless we kept the complex where it was or agreed to lose a few poker machines. It was the club and councils stupidity that it didnt happen not money.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thats not true regarding Moorabbin. It wasnt the money, it was the club and the council not agreeing to the friggin poker machines.
Yes, as cwrcyn pointed out...carlton and collingwood "make, between them, about 30 million a year just from the pokies. We make about 2 million." So the council was effectively laughing at us and saying ' we will give you everything that you want, if you will just go out of business..'
That surely was only an issue as an out clause.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Well from now on I'm gonna refer to our #22 as Farren "Disa" Ray 8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Appreciate that True Believer. Maybe I do know what I'm talking about............
...this... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.