Hurley!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Re: Hurley!!!!!

I always thought up to a month ago we needed an elite mid fielder hit after the emergence of Seb Ross and Gresham with Freeman and a few others developing I see a KPD is more prevalent. Hurley would be massive and would take our defence to the next level. Carlisle and Hurley FB and CHB we are done. Huge coup if we pulled it off.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

cwrcyn wrote:Bulldogs extremely keen on Hurley
Gee they'd really be idiots, unless they get him cheap (in terms of wages). They already used a heap of their cap on Boyd and in a few years Stringer, Libratore, Bontempelli etc etc are going to want to be paid something in line with what they'll be worth.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
cwrcyn wrote:Bulldogs extremely keen on Hurley
Gee they'd really be idiots, unless they get him cheap (in terms of wages). They already used a heap of their cap on Boyd and in a few years Stringer, Libratore, Bontempelli etc etc are going to want to be paid something in line with what they'll be worth.
If I was the Bulldogs I would offer up Boyd in a trade...

stonecold
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-kild ... c34cf8fdcb

ST KILDA has registered its interest in Essendon’s star defender Michael Hurley in the event the suspended All-Australian decides to leave the Bombers.

St Kilda club sources have confirmed that the Saints have spoken to Hurley’s management and flagged their interest in the backman, who is overseas and yet to declare whether he will remain with the Bombers next year.

The Saints view Hurley as fitting their needs for another key defender, despite their acquisition of his former teammate Jake Carlisle, who, like Hurley, is among the 17 current AFL players serving a season-long ban for doping offences.

Where's all the Critics now!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Settle, StoneCold. A long way to go. Personally, I'd love to get him, with the added bonus of possibly getting him for nothing. A slight case of premature exclamation! I hope you're right StoneCold. God, I hope you're right.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stonecold
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:Settle, StoneCold. A long way to go. Personally, I'd love to get him, with the added bonus of possibly getting him for nothing. A slight case of premature exclamation! I hope you're right StoneCold. God, I hope you're right.

I got shot down from pillar to post when I suggested the saints we're looking at him, whether he comes or not is not the point now, although I hope he does!!!!!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Settle, StoneCold. A long way to go. Personally, I'd love to get him, with the added bonus of possibly getting him for nothing. A slight case of premature exclamation! I hope you're right StoneCold. God, I hope you're right.

I got shot down from pillar to post when I suggested the saints we're looking at him, whether he comes or not is not the point now, although I hope he does!!!!!
Stonecold, you didn't suggest the Saints were looking at him.
Look at the thread OP. You said he was choosing between us and Richmond. They are two different things.
You presented it as a fact, with a bunch of exclamation marks to emphasise it, not as a rumour.

You seem sometimes to be big noting a bit. Maybe a little humility and not presenting rumours as fact would be more credibly received.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I was under the impression from the start of the year that Hurley might jump ship :shock:

Would be a great addition - imagine having three super swing KPF/KPDs in the side in Carlisle, Bruce and Hurley - nightmare for opposition sides to plan for

And we are likely to still have cap room to add a couple of gun mids - wouldnt mind another 3rd defensive tall as well

Exciting times ahead :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stonecold
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Look at the thread OP. You said he was choosing between us and Richmond. They are two different things.
You presented it as a fact, with a bunch of exclamation marks to emphasise it, not as a rumour.

You seem sometimes to be big noting a bit. Maybe a little humility and not presenting rumours as fact would be more credibly received.
As previously stated St.Byron, explanation marks have always been StoneColds mantra, on this forum and other Saintsational forums before it, doesn't make it factual. No-one else bought the topic here, did they????? Yet, we and others are still talking about it, so who says it's not happening then!!!!!

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Would be great provided we get him for nothing. We should never deal with Effendumb ever again. This would be perfect karma.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

C'mon Stoney, make it happen!!!!!

Hope this is true, but I can't see the AFL let their favorite little basket case go unrewarded. Don't think it will be for nothing.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:I always thought up to a month ago we needed an elite mid fielder hit after the emergence of Seb Ross and Gresham with Freeman and a few others developing I see a KPD is more prevalent. Hurley would be massive and would take our defence to the next level. Carlisle and Hurley FB and CHB we are done. Huge coup if we pulled it off.
We still do - need an elite mifielder. Neither Freeman nor Gresham are garunteed A Graders. If the club gives away our 1st round pick for Hurley 27yo they are selling their future down the drain AGAIN and making a huge mistake IMO !

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Should've added to the statement - and the saints will get him for nothing in sweet sweet payback against the cheats
How?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:
Vazelos wrote:I always thought up to a month ago we needed an elite mid fielder hit after the emergence of Seb Ross and Gresham with Freeman and a few others developing I see a KPD is more prevalent. Hurley would be massive and would take our defence to the next level. Carlisle and Hurley FB and CHB we are done. Huge coup if we pulled it off.
We still do - need an elite mifielder. Neither Freeman nor Gresham are garunteed A Graders. If the club gives away our 1st round pick for Hurley 27yo they are selling their future down the drain AGAIN and making a huge mistake IMO !
Tell me who is guaranteed and where do you buy guarantee from?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintbob
SS Life Member

satchmo wrote:C'mon Stoney, make it happen!!!!!

Hope this is true, but I can't see the AFL let their favorite little basket case go unrewarded. Don't think it will be for nothing.
The AFL are as weak as piss, so it wouldn't surprise me if they make rules up on the run to help the cheats out.

If the AFL were worth their salt, they would've already taken Watson's Brownlow off of him.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

saintbob wrote:
satchmo wrote:C'mon Stoney, make it happen!!!!!

The AFL are as weak as piss, so it wouldn't surprise me if they make rules up on the run to help the cheats out.

If the AFL were worth their salt, they would've already taken Watson's Brownlow off of him.
The afl would have taken Jobes Brownlow off him but the players have appealed the WADA verdict and we are waiting for another hearing in Sept.

As for the AFL protecting Essendope. Haven't they already stated that they want any player suspended to be traded and not use the get out clause.? How Can They Do This.?

Essendope will either get pick 1 or 2 this year plus get first dibs on their top up players I think it's only fair if a player wants out they can just walk.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:

I find its the norm on any of these sites if you suggest something outside what the general concensus is. The average poster cant cope with it. SC dont take it personally its human nature really!

Ps I hope your prediction is true but not at the cost of our 1st round selection.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Impatient Sainter wrote:
stonecold wrote:

I find its the norm on any of these sites if you suggest something outside what the general concensus is. The average poster cant cope with it. SC dont take it personally its human nature really!

Ps I hope your prediction is true but not at the cost of our 1st round selection.

Cheers and plus 1 !!!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:

Come on stone. Dont play the Joan of Arc routine. You have had a lot of support on here. I would say you are almost a cult figure.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Come on stone. Dont play the Joan of Arc routine. You have had a lot of support on here. I would say you are almost a cult figure.

Cheers Conny, Legend!!!!!

The_President
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
stonecold wrote:

This.

Also it just says "Saints sources said"

That literally could mean they asked a saints supporter.

Nothing to it

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Wow if it does eventuate can you imagine the Saints v Bombers game next year. I will definitely be coming own for those.... :D :D :D

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Contracted for 2017.
Does that mean we would have to trade with the scum again???
Unless he can walk or come as a free agent, I wouldn't trade with bummers.......they will drag it out until 5 mins begore deadline and demand our first pick in the draft.

Nee!
damienc
Club Player

Just heard an interesting press conference with Adam Kingsley. He was doing a very good job of hosing down the Hurley rumour.

After saying our defensive stocks this year have been pretty good ( he's right but Chips and Dempster are getting close to the end of their careers), Kingsley went on to talk about Carlisle and then at the very end with regard to Hurley said " I don't think we are chasing him (Hurley) anymore."

What that says to me is the club was chasing him but Hurley has told the Saints, probably through his manager, that he wants to stay at the Bombers or play for a club other than St Kilda.

So, yes. we were chasing him but he doesn't want to come to us.

stonecold
SS Life Member

damienc wrote:Just heard an interesting press conference with Adam Kingsley. He was doing a very good job of hosing down the Hurley rumour.

After saying our defensive stocks this year have been pretty good ( he's right but Chips and Dempster are getting close to the end of their careers), Kingsley went on to talk about Carlisle and then at the very end with regard to Hurley said " I don't think we are chasing him (Hurley) anymore."

What that says to me is the club was chasing him but Hurley has told the Saints, probably through his manager, that he wants to stay at the Bombers or play for a club other than St Kilda.

So, yes. we were chasing him but he doesn't want to come to us.
The old deflection tactic, works everytime, or does it?????