AFL Overkill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL Overkill

So, was Kennett right afterall.

https://www.theage.com.au/melbourne-new ... 521k8.html

"The letter also informs the guard that any attempt to renew the licence was likely to be refused on the grounds that the “incident indicates a discreditable behaviour” and the licensing division could not be satisfied they would meet probity requirements.

In order to get a security licence in Victoria, guards must generally undertake a recognised security course with a registered training organisation, and also have a reference from someone who has known them for at least 12 months and so can guarantee they are a “fit and proper person”.

In this case, some applicants were allegedly able to get around this requirement by paying a referee to vouch for them. It is understood that person, who sources believe has since fled the country, now forms part of the police investigation.

AIG Security did not respond to repeated requests for comment. However, a security industry insider said some of the guards used by AIG had no basic training.

"It's become a joke really. You've got registered training organisations churning out graduates who can't even use a radio, let alone defuse a dangerous situation.

“And a lot of the foreign blokes don't have any English [language skills], which makes it hard for them to deal with crowds," the source said.

Representatives for Marvel Stadium did not respond to phone calls or emails."

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 12:35pm So, was Kennett right afterall.

Right about what?

That you can tell that someone wasn't born here by looking at them?

Wrong.

That if you weren't born here, you cant know enough about the footy be a security guard?

Even wronger.

If the debate is about employing suitable people for certain jobs - then of course he was right. But he didn't say that unfortunately.

Having said that, for a Liberal, private school, middle aged white guy, he's probably the last person who should be jumping up and down about people getting jobs for the wrong reasons!

And given he's embedded in fhe AFL system, it's probably the height of hypocrisy!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 12:43pm

Right about what?

Wrong.

That if you weren't born here, you cant know enough about the footy be a security guard?

Even wronger.

If the debate is about employing suitable people for certain jobs - then of course he was right. But he didn't say that unfortunately.

Having said that, for a Liberal, private school, middle aged white guy, he's probably the last person who should be jumping up and down about people getting jobs for the wrong reasons!

And given he's embedded in fhe AFL system, it's probably the height of hypocrisy!
I agree, he was right, and your views are racist.

"racist
/ˈreɪsɪst/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: racist; plural noun: racists

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Why do some people think every caucasian person is wealthy and privileged?
f****** ridiculous notion that is so far from the truth it is ridiculous.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 12:58pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 12:43pm

Right about what?

Wrong.

Even wronger.

I agree, he was right, and you are a racist.
Well no, as per above, he was very wrong.

As for me being racist, if thinking that a lot of middle aged white guys tend to employ people that they know and/or like, ahead of more suitable people for roles - then sure, I'll accept being called a racist. Not sure that fits the tag to be honest, but each to their own.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 12:58pm I agree, he was right, and your views are racist.

"racist
/ˈreɪsɪst/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: racist; plural noun: racists

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races.

Given I'm white, based on your definition, I guess I'm off the hook.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:03pm Why do some people think every caucasian person is wealthy and privileged?
It annoys me too.

It's ridiculous.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:03pm Why do some people think every caucasian person is wealthy and privileged?
‘White privilege’ has nothing to do with wealth.

Probably best to understand a subject before going off on rants about it.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:13pm

White privilege is a term dreamed up by people who are not white to insult and denigrate those who are white imhfo, that is.

And it is a bulls*** term. Racist as well.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:48pm

White privilege is a term dreamed up by people who are not white to insult and denigrate those who are white imhfo, that is.

And it is a bulls*** term.
It’s not an insult.

It’s just stating a fact that in Australia (like most western societies) life is made more challenging for ‘non white’ people purely because of their appearance.

It’s trying to help you empathise.

Are you going to try tell us next that racism doesn’t exist?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

What’s the feeling on Folau’s freedom of speech?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:07pm What’s the feeling on Folau’s freedom of speech?
Well, the lefties are trying to silence him, that's for sure.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:06pm

It’s not an insult.

It’s just stating a fact that in Australia (like most western societies) life is made more challenging for ‘non white’ people purely because of their appearance.

Of course it's a f****** insult. We are all a little racist.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:07pm What’s the feeling on Folau’s freedom of speech?
He has freedom of speech.

He's free to say what he's saying. It's just that some people think he's a prick for saying it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:25pm

He's free to say what he's saying. It's just that some people think he's a prick for saying it.
Yep. He’s lost his job over it.

So an employer now decides what an employee can and cannot believe and can and cannot say. This will be an interesting precedent in the high court

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yep, I find the term white privilege racist, non truthful and mischievous. Even a lot of non caucasian people laugh at the term. It's just f****** bulls***. It's a bulls*** made up name to put down people that were born the way they were. PC far left wing crap!

I even find the usage of the word "white" racist too. I'm actually more a shade of pink as a caucasian.

I have travelled all over the world and I have personally found non-caucasian people to be less accommodating and more racist than caucasian people. Just personal expierence. Racist people are everywhere.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:22pm

It’s not an insult.

If you take it as an insult that’s on you, doesn’t make it any less of a fact.

I can’t think of one time in my entire life where I was discriminated against because I’m white. I bet I wouldn’t be saying that if I was not white.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:31pm Yep, I find the term white privilege racist, non truthful and mischievous. Even a lot of non caucasian people laugh at the term. It's just f****** bulls***. It's a bulls*** made up name to put down people that were born the way they were. PC far left wing crap!

I even find the usage of the word "white" racist too. I'm actually more a shade of pink as a caucasian.

I have travelled all over the world and I have personally found non-caucasian people to be less accommodating and more racist than caucasian people. Just personal expierence. Racist people are everywhere.
Again, you obviously don’t understand what it means yet you feel you have the right to rant about it and have others listen.

White privilege much?

:)

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:29pm

So an employer now decides what an employee can and cannot believe and can and cannot say. This will be an interesting precedent in the high court
Freedom of speech?

Folau said all gay people (along with others) are going to hell publicly, after he was warned not to, and his employer disagreed and fired him for breach of contract.

They didn’t say he couldn’t practice his religion.

If a Muslim said something similar would you be so upset?

If I told a coworker or client to “go and get f**ked” I bet my employer wouldn’t be happy. Where’s my freedom of speech?

When opposition crowds called Milne a rapist and chanted ‘rapist’ at him week after week did you stop and applaud their right to free speech?

If you’re out in public with your family and someone starts slagging off you, your wife and your kids do you just stand then and applaud their right to free speech?

“Freedom of speech” is the most overused and misunderstood phrase going around.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

How old are you Dudley?

Yeah mate, every caucasian person that is born s***s out gold nuggets and already has a place booked in a university! 🙄🙄🙄
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:32pm
saynta wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:22pm

It’s not an insult.

If you take it as an insult that’s on you, doesn’t make it any less of a fact.

I can’t think of one time in my entire life where I was discriminated against because I’m white. I bet I wouldn’t be saying that if I was not white.
You yourself are discriminating on this forum to others because they are white, have certain views and have reached a certain age. to me your views are racist and ageist.

You are not nice dudley.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

He’s taking it to the high court and he will win imo in a decision that will have important ramifications for freedom of religion and freedom of expression in a democracy.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t believe homosexuals are going to hell. But I support Izzy’s right to have and express that opinion.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:43pm
bigcarl wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:29pm

Freedom of speech?

Folau said all gay people (along with others) are going to hell publicly, after he was warned not to, and his employer disagreed and fired him for breach of contract.

They didn’t say he couldn’t practice his religion.

If a Muslim said something similar would you be so upset?

If I told a coworker or client to “go and get f**ked” I bet my employer wouldn’t be happy. Where’s my freedom of speech?

When opposition crowds called Milne a rapist and chanted ‘rapist’ at him week after week did you stop and applaud their right to free speech?

If you’re out in public with your family and someone starts slagging off you, your wife and your kids do you just stand then and applaud their right to free speech?

“Freedom of speech” is the most overused and misunderstood phrase going around.
What stupid examples to use. Nothing at all like the IZZY situation.

Anyway, he didn't say all gay people are going straight to hell, he said a lot of sinners, which included gays, were going to hell, UNLESS THEY REPENTED.

That's his christian belief, which he is entitled to hold and express, as unpalatable as that may be to others.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:48pm How old are you Dudley?

Yeah mate, every caucasian person that is born s***s out gold nuggets and already has a place booked in a university! 🙄🙄🙄
Again, you don’t even understand what it means.

How about you tell me exactly what you think it means, and we’ll go from there?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

No. You tell me what it means. Don't weasel out of what your high school teacher obviously instilled in you or what your internet education taught you.

Total = 1.