Saints Pledge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Pledge

Yeah I reckon you’ve let your imagination run away with you joining those dots SK.

Nowhere does it say anything like the banks will have any say about clubs. The AFL borrowed money against Marvel. The AFL wants to know the clubs aren’t wasting money, that’s why they’re getting weekly updates.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

So again SK, as others have asked, how do you know the actual terms, conditions, stipulations, parameters, trigger clauses the AFL have negotiated with the Banks and then imposed upon the clubs?

Your stance on matters appear to shift. From initially claiming we were going to have the greatest depression, which by the way was very disrespectful to the Great Depression, to now the greatest recession. Hopefully by June we can dial it back even further.

The more we can pledge the less St Kilda will ultimately be restricted by. The AFL should be well aware that no St Kilda means losing generations of supporters and a weaker product to sell to the media...St Kilda will not be going anywhere.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 11:49am Yeah I reckon you’ve let your imagination run away with you joining those dots SK.

Nowhere does it say anything like the banks will have any say about clubs. The AFL borrowed money against Marvel. The AFL wants to know the clubs aren’t wasting money, that’s why they’re getting weekly updates.
I suppose I am connecting dots based on my knowledge of ASIC insolvency laws and how the law guides administration type management.

If the club's survival and abiltiy to be competitive is guaranteed then why the need for strict administration type control and monitoring and also the need to hand over our independence. Why the need for donations to "save" our club.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 11:59am So again SK, as others have asked, how do you know the actual terms, conditions, stipulations, parameters, trigger clauses the AFL have negotiated with the Banks and then imposed upon the clubs?

Your stance on matters appear to shift. From initially claiming we were going to have the greatest depression, which by the way was very disrespectful to the Great Depression, to now the greatest recession. Hopefully by June we can dial it back even further.

The more we can pledge the less St Kilda will ultimately be restricted by. The AFL should be well aware that no St Kilda means losing generations of supporters and a weaker product to sell to the media...St Kilda will not be going anywhere.
I've never mentioned details of the agreement because I don't know them. I just know one fact and that is we have signed over our independence and agreed to an administration type management system.

I reckon you are like many in the wider community who haven't fully grasped the magnitude and impact of what lies ahead for our economy.

Fox are going broke and so even the revenue from media rights will be much less from 2022 which is probably the year we will be getting feedback from the COVID-19 ripples with regards to survival.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 12:34pm
Ghost Like wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 11:59am So again SK, as others have asked, how do you know the actual terms, conditions, stipulations, parameters, trigger clauses the AFL have negotiated with the Banks and then imposed upon the clubs?

I've never mentioned details of the agreement because I don't know them. I just know one fact and that is we have signed over our independence and agreed to an administration type management system.

I reckon you are like many in the wider community who haven't fully grasped the magnitude and impact of what lies ahead for our economy.

Fox are going broke and so even the revenue from media rights will be much less from 2022 which is probably the year we will be getting feedback from the COVID-19 ripples with regards to survival.
You should have left your reply at your first sentence SK. You don't know, yet pontificate as if you do. You speak on behalf of others believing you know more than they and that what you know is absolute.

I reckon it's time for people to get out from under the bed. What's happened has happened, let's work towards a solution, not panic about what may or may not happen.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 2:28pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 12:34pm

You should have left your reply at your first sentence SK. You don't know, yet pontificate as if you do. You speak on behalf of others believing you know more than they and that what you know is absolute.

I reckon it's time for people to get out from under the bed. What's happened has happened, let's work towards a solution, not panic about what may or may not happen.
Hey it's ok if you aren't knowledgeable on a subject. Maybe avoid topics you don't understand if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

78sainter

Please guys stop bickering about all this stuff, put your money where your mouth is and pledge your support and maybe some extra funds for the club, I know times are tough but at the moment we are getting a taste of what it will be like not have a footy club to support, and I for one hate it. I am a fourth generation saints supporter and my kids are fifth, there’s too much love and history over 150 odd years to loose. We’re all here for the same common cause, remember the club slogan, “together we rise”. Go saints.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 09 May 2020 6:18pm
Sanctorum wrote: Sat 09 May 2020 5:31pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 09 May 2020 4:55pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 09 May 2020 3:05pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 09 May 2020 2:13pm But there are supporters who believe our club is safe because the AFL have said they "INTEND" on preserving the current 18 club competition.

If this is the case then can someone please tell me why there is some invisible force leading us to believe our club might become extinct, merged, relocated or struggle to be competitive?
Each club (except for maybe the Suns and GWS) makes money for the AFL.

Explain why the AFL would want to get rid of something that makes it money?
If our club makes money then how do you explain the 12 million debt before COVID-19. Our club does not make more money than it spends. Hasn't for a very long time. The AFL might not get rid of our club, however the banks and the administrators who now control the 12 assisted clubs could pull that lever if we continue to lose money at the rate we do.

But I come back to my own question, if posters like you are convinced our survival is "guaranteed", then why this constant request for donations to "save" our club. It's confusing don't you think, or at the very least there is contradiction in there somewhere.
Good grief SK, why are you constantly and erroneously banging on about the "the banks and the administrators who now control the 12 assisted clubs"???

The AFL is in effect owned by the constituent 15 member owned clubs (Sydney, GWS and Suns licences are owned by the AFL) and it is only by a vote of a clear majority of clubs that one or more of these clubs can be drummed out of the competition - the banks do NOT have this power in any shape or form!!

I really take issue with you contaminating this topic raised in good faith by "saintly" in the express hope that loyal and true Saints supporters will at the minimum pledge their 2020 membership subscriptions (and not request a refund) in order to support the club, no different to what members do every year.

The $12 million debt prior to this year is as far as I know mostly associated with the renovations and upgrading of the Linton Street base.

For goodness sake pal, if you have nothing positive to contribute to this specific discussion bite your tongue and spruik your doom and gloom elsewhere.

Given the tone of your comments, deriding those that are prepared to give financial support to St Kilda, I suggest that if you are indeed a financial member of our footy club, ask for your money back and go and join Carlton or Collingwood, you'd be right at home there I reckon!

You are just plain wrong, the members do not own the club or have any say or contol. None. The bank has full control over the 12 assisted clubs. If you are having difficulty understanding this concept then can I suggest you read your mortage and title deed documents and try and glean who has control over your house. Our club has agreed to a contract that gives the AFL administrator type control over our club. THAT IS A FACT! Our club had a $12 million dollar debt before the crisis. HOW WE ACCUMULATED THE DEBT IS IRRELEVANT! Our club has spent more money that it makes for a very long time. THAT IS A FACT!

This is a forum for discussion so if you don't understand a topic or a topic upsets you then just ignore the conversation but don't tell me what I can and cant discuss again, ... PAL!
All I'm suggesting SK is that you restrain yourself from voicing your repeated negativism about the financial plight of St KIlda FC and the AFL on every topic that is posted on this forum.

"Saintly" posted this topic to appeal to like minded St Kilda supporters/members to come to the aid of the club, nothing more, nothing less. For you to then come along and rubbish and question his actions is uncalled for and quite unnecessary! It is you who fails to understand the topic under discussion.

As for the club debt of $12 million on the RSEA Park development, St Kilda is far from the only footy club to do this, and deserve commendation rather than criticism - no-one had a clue that the world economies were going to be devastated by a lethal pandemic.

No-one knows what the future holds and it will take a long time for things to get back on an even keel, but until such time as the sky falls in I'll continue to support my footy club as best I can.

There have been many times over the past 80 years of my life where I have been faced with all sorts of very serious challenges, but I have never seen the sense in looking on the dark side of life when there is still so much sunshine out there. In the meantime I'm looking forward to the resumption of footy in June.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 2:59pm Hey it's ok if you aren't knowledgeable on a subject. Maybe avoid topics you don't understand if it makes you feel uncomfortable.
Words to live by SK. Another text book read by the frustrated teacher. Tell me, did you spell "Kiel" by accident? Surely someone as knowledgeable as your good self would not repeatedly spell "their" incorrectly.

Also someone as versed in ASIC, business law and banking regulations as your good self, would also spell receivership correctly.

Yes, I do believe you spelt "Kiel" that way by accident. Don't feel uncomfortable about it. It's our little Secret.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 4:23pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 2:59pm Hey it's ok if you aren't knowledgeable on a subject. Maybe avoid topics you don't understand if it makes you feel uncomfortable.
Words to live by SK. Another text book read by the frustrated teacher. Tell me, did you spell "Kiel" by accident? Surely someone as knowledgeable as your good self would not repeatedly spell "their" incorrectly.

Also someone as versed in ASIC, business law and banking regulations as your good self, would also spell receivership correctly.

Yes, I do believe you spelt "Kiel" that way by accident. Don't feel uncomfortable about it. It's our little Secret.
Isn't it "i' before "e" except after "c" or or "k" Ghost like? :wink:
The last sentence of your post is charmingly written.

I have read this thread and whilst SKs theory does not have a lot of supportive evidence, anyone who has spent years being financed by banks will understand where SK is coming from.

Banks will include financial covenants upon any organisation borrowing funds which will are likely to include revenue streams, equity & debt ratios and ultimately will have the power to liquidate in the extreme situation of the league or club becoming insolvent.

Whilst highly unlikely as i would think the AFL would receive government support if in crisis, in theory SKs theory has merit.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Yes & cheers Joffa. A great little ditty that has little merit but I know you know that.

I'm not disagreeing with its merit, just its context and the constant hijacking of any thread trying to break this monotony. Many theories have context when applied with subjective quoting and misquoting.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

A clear sign someone has limited tools and not much to offer when they start attacking by pointing out spelling mistakes, always makes me laugh.

Anyway back at the adults table, it's a discussion that may be unpalatable right now and also not pinging hard on everyone's radar but I'm convinced we are sailing into a storm which is ironic as most would be feeling like we have just weathered the worst of the storm. I predicted the eye of the storm will reach us towards the end of 2021.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Captain Ahab.

By the end of 2021 you will be on to your 5th or 6th username by then. Who knows whether you'll be right or wrong?

Sanctorum
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 9:50am A clear sign someone has limited tools and not much to offer when they start attacking by pointing out spelling mistakes, always makes me laugh.

Anyway back at the adults table, it's a discussion that may be unpalatable right now and also not pinging hard on everyone's radar but I'm convinced we are sailing into a storm which is ironic as most would be feeling like we have just weathered the worst of the storm. I predicted the eye of the storm will reach us towards the end of 2021.
Commiserations SK, I can't even begin to understand the misery that you are suffering, fretting over the impending end of the world as we know it...no doubt when all of your dire predictions come to pass in 2021 you will have the satisfaction of being able to dance on our beloved footy club's grave, singing "I told you so, you silly buggers for throwing your money at a dying club...."

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 9:50am A clear sign someone has limited tools and not much to offer when they start attacking by pointing out spelling mistakes, always makes me laugh.

Doubt you even know what ironic means.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 11:07am

That's good by you.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 10:46am

Commiserations SK, I can't even begin to understand the misery that you are suffering, fretting over the impending end of the world as we know it...no doubt when all of your dire predictions come to pass in 2021 you will have the satisfaction of being able to dance on our beloved footy club's grave, singing "I told you so, you silly buggers for throwing your money at a dying club...."
For an 80 year old you are a little dull.

If that's your takeaway from my contributions then you either don't pay attention enough or you are incapable of paying attention.

I have poured a disproportionate amount of time and money into my obsession with our club over my lifetime and so your childish and ignorant attacks are like water off a ducks back...PAL.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 11:22am

That's good by you.
Don't you mean " for" me. :roll: :roll:

Secret Kiel
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 12:39pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 11:22am

That's good by you.
Don't you mean " for" me. :roll: :roll:
Nup.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

78sainter wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 3:11pm Please guys stop bickering about all this stuff, put your money where your mouth is and pledge your support and maybe some extra funds for the club, I know times are tough but at the moment we are getting a taste of what it will be like not have a footy club to support, and I for one hate it. I am a fourth generation saints supporter and my kids are fifth, there’s too much love and history over 150 odd years to loose. We’re all here for the same common cause, remember the club slogan, “together we rise”. Go saints.
I did and I have.

AuckSaint
Club Player

...as have I. No time to argue, support the club. Strength through loyalty

1 of the 10,000 NZ Saints members
Sanctorum
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 11:27am

If that's your takeaway from my contributions then you either don't pay attention enough or you are incapable of paying attention.

I have poured a disproportionate amount of time and money into my obsession with our club over my lifetime and so your childish and ignorant attacks are like water off a ducks back...PAL.
Well, at least we have something in common SK, the notable difference being that I have never, nor will ever, give up my complete and unqualified belief that my footy team will rise again and with the current list and management on and off the field I expect it will be sooner rather than later!!

It's why I commend "saynta" wholeheartedly for supporting the club with a financial pledge,(which is what this page was destined to achieve until you injected your irrelevant and shameful deviation) and I hope that you will continue to do likewise....

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Are you two still at it?

Saint supporter since '62
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

78sainter wrote: Sat 09 May 2020 6:37pm Don’t have a lot of spare cash at the moment but pledged my membership as well as the 4 kid’s memberships, and also threw in a $200 donation to the club, would have been more but just can’t afford anymore at moment, misses wasn’t happy when she saw the bank statement (cat’s supporter) but she’ll get over it. :wink:
Gee, wouldn't mind a night out with you for the moments you do have spare cash... :shock:

Good on you!

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 6:38pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 11 May 2020 11:27am

Well, at least we have something in common SK, the notable difference being that I have never, nor will ever, give up my complete and unqualified belief that my footy team will rise again and with the current list and management on and off the field I expect it will be sooner rather than later!!

It's why I commend "saynta" wholeheartedly for supporting the club with a financial pledge,(which is what this page was destined to achieve until you injected your irrelevant and shameful deviation) and I hope that you will continue to do likewise....
What a load of absolute horse crap. Like I said, you clearly aren't paying attention or you just aren't capable of paying attention. Giving up....pffft.