Any word from Ratten?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Any word from Ratten?

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 8:56pm
Ghost Like wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 8:24pm Dear BfUSA, in light of S*K* enjoying only a weeks holiday whilst we are in lockdown. Can we save him some angst and make a sticky Asterisk thread, so when he does return, in whatever costume or nom de plume, he can post to his hearts content without polluting every single thread with his drivel, diatribe & delusions?
What were his/her previous identities?
Cairnsman & Highettman are two I know of.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 9:09pm Ratten looked pretty pissed at the end of that presser

Calm through it but those last 5 secs :shock:
I'm guessing he heard the bus was leaving.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 9:52pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 8:56pm
Ghost Like wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 8:24pm Dear BfUSA, in light of S*K* enjoying only a weeks holiday whilst we are in lockdown. Can we save him some angst and make a sticky Asterisk thread, so when he does return, in whatever costume or nom de plume, he can post to his hearts content without polluting every single thread with his drivel, diatribe & delusions?
What were his/her previous identities?
Cairnsman & Highettman are two I know of.
Yes,I remember now.
The trolls keep coming back, but the good posters seem to disappear.
Where are Jigging Saint & Loris I wonder?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 9:44am It's amazing how alomost every poster on this clueless board doesn't understand how significantly disadvantaged the boys were before yesterday's game. And then they had to contend with the heat after stepping off a bus after 3 hours. I'd expect even the half brains would work it out but oh no, here we are in a thread that calls for coaching accountability. And most clue-less are the half witts calling for players to be dropped en masse and replaced with players that have either never played a game of footy against men or who have had no competition at any level for almost 18 months. CLUELESS! These calls are most likely from the same thickheads that bang on about selection integrity during full strength comp and don't understand the cupboard is bare, like really bloody bare when it comes to team selection.

In case the morons haven't worked it out there is a pandemic and the code is not able to be played as it normally is. The same farkwits carrying on like 9 yo children are most likely the the same brain dead twits who believe AFL is the fabric of thier society and that it is the players duty to entertain you even through a PANDEMIC, well guess what, the players are doing thier job and they are turning up. Don't turn on then when they can't provide you with your entitlements.

<1 week ban under the troll rule: TROLL RULE

“Trolls” are defined as posters who have the goal to create friction and anger in our community.

A poster, who has the aim to create friction and anger in our community will receive a 1 WEEK BAN.>
One week ban!! :?

A bit harsh. :|

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
takeaway
Club Player

Good idea. Can we call it "The Asterisk Cup" thread? Likely to become a popular thread with many posters as this synthetic season progresses.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Where are Jigging Saint & Loris I wonder?
Statsman
the boys from Grong Grong
Bungiton
Cowboy

:P
Barks (b4 he went all WooWoo)

the circle of life

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The Coach has a lot of balls to juggle. Staggered but frequent injuries to high cost mercenaries (Dan and Zac) means no continuity for them, while his prize recruit needs to be given the ball and long term mid fielders e.g. Seb and Jade are not up to the standard required to be top shelf mids. Dunstan who might compliment Hill in the absence of Dan is gone for a while. When the team plays well the small forwards do well enough but is that the chicken or the egg stuff. Lonie is an enigma, strong character, nice kick over 40m, tries hard, does some good things but physically cannot match it as required in tight grinding contests. Kent is inconsistent. King looks like the goods will be delivered but needs nurturing. The injury prone mid field recruits have stifled the development of younger mids because they are there, need to be used but can't string games together together. The grooming of Clark, Bytel, Byrnes, Langlands is therefore delayed/interrupted. In some ways its a set of problems AR had, do you play mature bodies with experience to limit damage and win a share of games without pretensions to doing any finals damage if you fall into the 8 or do you accept, as an example, that Seb who is also VC is not a mid that will take you all the way and Jade has impact in bursts, so bite the bullet and see what the young mids can bring and accept the cost of giving them development games. Your Captain is an outstanding person, but starting to get frequent injuries and for all his inspirational acts he has some terrible clangers. This means on field leadership is problematic because C & VC have significant limitations in the follow me stakes. The whole set of issues is overlaid by the logistics and circumstances of a pandemic which means its hard to test variables; you have to give a number of players you suspect of being gay deceivers the benefit of the doubt for a time. We have had excellent wins and terrible losses. What to do. I think Coach Ratten will mark the papers of a few after Saturday and start to develop young mids and young forwards by giving them games. Nothing extravagant straight away but I hope Bytel, Byrnes and Langlands (who else?) don't spend the rest of the season wondering about regular AFL footy and that Lonie, Ross and Kent find out they are not automatic selections. If players are not dropped after Saturday's insipid effort then the Coach will also have to juggle a credibility gap. I think.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 10:00pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 9:44am It's amazing how alomost every poster on this clueless board doesn't understand how significantly disadvantaged the boys were before yesterday's game. And then they had to contend with the heat after stepping off a bus after 3 hours. I'd expect even the half brains would work it out but oh no, here we are in a thread that calls for coaching accountability. And most clue-less are the half witts calling for players to be dropped en masse and replaced with players that have either never played a game of footy against men or who have had no competition at any level for almost 18 months. CLUELESS! These calls are most likely from the same thickheads that bang on about selection integrity during full strength comp and don't understand the cupboard is bare, like really bloody bare when it comes to team selection.

In case the morons haven't worked it out there is a pandemic and the code is not able to be played as it normally is. The same farkwits carrying on like 9 yo children are most likely the the same brain dead twits who believe AFL is the fabric of thier society and that it is the players duty to entertain you even through a PANDEMIC, well guess what, the players are doing thier job and they are turning up. Don't turn on then when they can't provide you with your entitlements.

“Trolls” are defined as posters who have the goal to create friction and anger in our community.

A poster, who has the aim to create friction and anger in our community will receive a 1 WEEK BAN.>

I was the one that old mate called a 9yo girl. After he/she called me a 12 yo girl. What if I actually am a 9 or 12 yo girl? Would that then validate my comments? I could never really understand what SK was on about to be honest - doesn't seem like an overly happy or positive person. I mean - he/she jumps on a board of "clue-less" "farkwits" and "brain dead twits" "thickheads" and "half wits" to debate the merits of a team that he/she openly admits he/she is not watching.

I don't know whether he/she is a troll but I can't say I'm missing him/her this week.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 15 Jul 2020 2:35pm

I was the one that old mate called a 9yo girl. After he/she called me a 12 yo girl. What if I actually am a 9 or 12 yo girl? Would that then validate my comments? I could never really understand what SK was on about to be honest - doesn't seem like an overly happy or positive person. I mean - he/she jumps on a board of "clue-less" "farkwits" and "brain dead twits" "thickheads" and "half wits" to debate the merits of a team that he/she openly admits he/she is not watching.

I don't know whether he/she is a troll but I can't say I'm missing him/her this week.
:D

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 13 Jul 2020 10:29am The Coach has a lot of balls to juggle. Staggered but frequent injuries to high cost mercenaries (Dan and Zac) means no continuity for them, while his prize recruit needs to be given the ball and long term mid fielders e.g. Seb and Jade are not up to the standard required to be top shelf mids. Dunstan who might compliment Hill in the absence of Dan is gone for a while. When the team plays well the small forwards do well enough but is that the chicken or the egg stuff. Lonie is an enigma, strong character, nice kick over 40m, tries hard, does some good things but physically cannot match it as required in tight grinding contests. Kent is inconsistent. King looks like the goods will be delivered but needs nurturing. The injury prone mid field recruits have stifled the development of younger mids because they are there, need to be used but can't string games together together. The grooming of Clark, Bytel, Byrnes, Langlands is therefore delayed/interrupted. In some ways its a set of problems AR had, do you play mature bodies with experience to limit damage and win a share of games without pretensions to doing any finals damage if you fall into the 8 or do you accept, as an example, that Seb who is also VC is not a mid that will take you all the way and Jade has impact in bursts, so bite the bullet and see what the young mids can bring and accept the cost of giving them development games. Your Captain is an outstanding person, but starting to get frequent injuries and for all his inspirational acts he has some terrible clangers. This means on field leadership is problematic because C & VC have significant limitations in the follow me stakes. The whole set of issues is overlaid by the logistics and circumstances of a pandemic which means its hard to test variables; you have to give a number of players you suspect of being gay deceivers the benefit of the doubt for a time. We have had excellent wins and terrible losses. What to do. I think Coach Ratten will mark the papers of a few after Saturday and start to develop young mids and young forwards by giving them games. Nothing extravagant straight away but I hope Bytel, Byrnes and Langlands (who else?) don't spend the rest of the season wondering about regular AFL footy and that Lonie, Ross and Kent find out they are not automatic selections. If players are not dropped after Saturday's insipid effort then the Coach will also have to juggle a credibility gap. I think.
Very good post but some paragraphs would make it a bit better.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 15 Jul 2020 2:35pm

It’s ok. We don’t play until the 20th. At least he’ll have have a couple of days back to discuss things about another game he won’t watch

Secret Kiel
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 11:37pm
Good idea. Can we call it "The Asterisk Cup" thread? Likely to become a popular thread with many posters as this synthetic season progresses.
"Synthetic Season"

Perfectly describes it.