Gws game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Gws game

SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 16 Sep 2020 8:30pm I wonder....pundits have had a thin year. Last season round ....they KNOW - just like you & me the Saints will fall (which sh1tz me so hard in 23 languages).

They stack the odds, everyone bets for the Sainters .....Saints lose big...betting mafia win PLUS "the fix" is on and they have their lads place big bets on GWS within an hour of game start....

Ta Da !!! Big payday.

But of course this never happens.
Yeah, and y'know the umps are in on this up to their eyeballs. (Somebody lend me the rolly eyes pur-lease!)

Sanctorum
Club Player

A "must-win" game for both teams and both St Kilda and GWS have not played well in recent times.

GWS have a lot more elite players in their line-up and on paper should be odds-on to win but their problem is that they do not appear to be team oriented.

If St Kilda rediscover their winning form, which is a big IF, then they should win well.

Much will depend on selections this afternoon and I would most certainly bring both Jake Carlisle and Dan Hannebery back in, they both provide considerable experience and on-field leadership, which cost them severely against the Eagles.

Jarryd Roughead back with the bench players should also be an important factor in steering the ship back to victory.

In: Carlisle, Hannebery
Out: Jones, Kent/Hind

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

fugazi wrote: Thu 17 Sep 2020 9:17am I actually don't think our midfield is as bad as some are claiming.
No doubt it is where we need to improve, but we regularly win clearances and Inside 50 stats, so it at least shows we are competing in that area.
Against WCE and Melbourne we should have iced those games with better kicking for goal (Not the midfields fault)
If we can manage to prise Caldwell and Williams out of GWS, we will form a very good midfield.
Hopefully the hamstring procedure on Hannas may actually see him give us value from here (obviously that is probably a naive hope)
I wonder whether the obsession with stats makes them disregard or put less weight on the actual quality.
I.e. we get lots of inside F50s but they're bombs and poorly executed. WCE game- ball was in our F50 for 94% of the 2nd qtr (Ch7 said at the time)
Compare that to the Port and Tigers games, where we seemed to get goals easily without many entries.

Saying 'it goes up there a lot' is like Richo Mk2.

Giants have better mids than us.
They're not really playing like a team, but neither are we.
Their talent trumps ours by a fair way.
I predict a low quality scrappy affair with heaps of stoppages.
They'll get more goals than us not by any superior gameplan but just because their cattle are better

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 17 Sep 2020 12:18pm
fugazi wrote: Thu 17 Sep 2020 9:17am I actually don't think our midfield is as bad as some are claiming.
No doubt it is where we need to improve, but we regularly win clearances and Inside 50 stats, so it at least shows we are competing in that area.
Against WCE and Melbourne we should have iced those games with better kicking for goal (Not the midfields fault)
If we can manage to prise Caldwell and Williams out of GWS, we will form a very good midfield.
Hopefully the hamstring procedure on Hannas may actually see him give us value from here (obviously that is probably a naive hope)
I wonder whether the obsession with stats makes them disregard or put less weight on the actual quality.
I.e. we get lots of inside F50s but they're bombs and poorly executed. WCE game- ball was in our F50 for 94% of the 2nd qtr (Ch7 said at the time)
Compare that to the Port and Tigers games, where we seemed to get goals easily without many entries.

They'll get more goals than us not by any superior gameplan but just because their cattle are better
It’s a fair point Fugazi but I also have to agree with Mr Goddard and Mrs Wellar’s love child.

I haven’t checked, but I wonder how Port Adelaide, Geelong and Richmond show up in these statistical patterns. What counts as a Centre clearance?
Sorry for tedious question here folks, but curious.

Last week, centre ball up, up they go and it’s a messy drop, but Zac Jones comes crashing through like a cannonball, and exits into clear land with the ball in his hand, 100% in control of it and it’s destiny. But who too? Flies are buzzing around him like a giant s*** pile as he pivots left and frantically searches for a friendly port of call. Too late, ball spills, into the hands of Ned Kelly for a dead eye pass to Kennedy or Darling 35 directly . in front. Goal. Commentators add glumly, ‘Oh yes, the Eagles know the importance of centre bounces and corridor entries at the Gabba’ ...so...is that a clearance for us? For Zac? He didn’t get boot to ball, it he clearly collected it with a ferocious and determined charge and was rewarded. But there were no monkeys to collect the bananas and it was a case of sailing a ship full of gold into the wrong port. Ouch!!! I can’t imagine Zacs mindset, but after an effort like that, to be so crushingly robbed. It symbolized to me how weak we are in the midfield. The Bulldogs have millions of on ballers, midfielders. We have in the team, currently Ross

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Gershwin
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 17 Sep 2020 6:25pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 17 Sep 2020 12:18pm

It’s a fair point Fugazi but I also have to agree with Mr Goddard and Mrs Wellar’s love child.

I haven’t checked, but I wonder how Port Adelaide, Geelong and Richmond show up in these statistical patterns. What counts as a Centre clearance?
Sorry for tedious question here folks, but curious.

Last week, centre ball up, up they go and it’s a messy drop, but Zac Jones comes crashing through like a cannonball, and exits into clear land with the ball in his hand, 100% in control of it and it’s destiny. But who too? Flies are buzzing around him like a giant s*** pile as he pivots left and frantically searches for a friendly port of call. Too late, ball spills, into the hands of Ned Kelly for a dead eye pass to Kennedy or Darling 35 directly . in front. Goal. Commentators add glumly, ‘Oh yes, the Eagles know the importance of centre bounces and corridor entries at the Gabba’ ...so...is that a clearance for us? For Zac? He didn’t get boot to ball, it he clearly collected it with a ferocious and determined charge and was rewarded. But there were no monkeys to collect the bananas and it was a case of sailing a ship full of gold into the wrong port. Ouch!!! I can’t imagine Zacs mindset, but after an effort like that, to be so crushingly robbed. It symbolized to me how weak we are in the midfield. The Bulldogs have millions of on ballers, midfielders. We have in the team, currently Ross
Ryder's player of choice was always Gresham. Then it had to become Jones. Now it will probably be Bytel if he is selected.

summertime and the living is easy ........
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 17 Sep 2020 12:09pm A "must-win" game for both teams and both St Kilda and GWS have not played well in recent times.

GWS have a lot more elite players in their line-up and on paper should be odds-on to win but their problem is that they do not appear to be team oriented.

If St Kilda rediscover their winning form, which is a big IF, then they should win well.

Much will depend on selections this afternoon and I would most certainly bring both Jake Carlisle and Dan Hannebery back in, they both provide considerable experience and on-field leadership, which cost them severely against the Eagles.

Jarryd Roughead back with the bench players should also be an important factor in steering the ship back to victory.

In: Carlisle, Hannebery
Out: Jones, Kent/Hind
Spot on.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Gershwin wrote: Thu 17 Sep 2020 7:22pm Ryder's player of choice was always Gresham. Then it had to become Jones. Now it will probably be Bytel if he is selected.
Agreed - now Clark I think.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 17 Sep 2020 9:26am I imagine De Boer will tag Steele, hoefully Jack can still the same outputs of recent weeks.
De Boer a late out.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle in. Finally some common sense. What’s the odds green get reported tonight. Let’s see how rats coaches tonight

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The Fireman wrote: Fri 18 Sep 2020 8:12pm Carlisle in. Finally some common sense. What’s the odds green get reported tonight. Let’s see how rats coaches tonight
I wonder if Greene gets reported but the Kremlin leans on Michael Christian to do the Christian thing of forgiving :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Playing well. Need to settle but looking good compared to last few weeks
Unpacking being fair too

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Good boy hill. Hope jacks ok

#1 Ryder fan
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="Goose is king" post_id=1869632 time=1600240569 user_id=17709]
GWS were horrible against Melbourne and Adelaide. We haven’t been flash though. I think something fishy is going on with GWS and there depth is not what it used to be. If they miss finals could be a mass exodus.
[/quote]

Time to raid there stars