You are the coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: You are the coach

Bring it on

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I see the Demons just delisted Josh Dunkley's brother. I he another inside mid option worth considering?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 3:10pm I see the Demons just delisted Josh Dunkley's brother. I he another inside mid option worth considering?
No. Apologies but going into a season with reduced lists, I'd suggest we aim slightly higher than delisted rookies who appear to have blown their opportunity.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 3:10pm I see the Demons just delisted Josh Dunkley's brother. I he another inside mid option worth considering?
Do you realise DAwn Fraser's sister drowned? :oops: :oops:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

As coach, I keep Carlisle. Carlisle plays on a known entity in Bruce. I put the acid on our rucks & mids to apply enough pressure that their mids, when entering 50, are forced to bomb to Bruce. I predict Carlisle to outpoint Bruce, possibly the most out of form key forward in the AFL in 2020. If he doesn't or cannot we are stuffed for the game & trade value.

We can survive without Carlisle but no where near as dangerous. Howard, Wlikie & Coffield are all way more effective & important without the responsibility of a mobile key forward. Plus Carlisle has the mongrel to punch a ball close to Naughton's head if he contests a pack mark.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 9:48pm As coach, I keep Carlisle. Carlisle plays on a known entity in Bruce. I put the acid on our rucks & mids to apply enough pressure that their mids, when entering 50, are forced to bomb to Bruce. I predict Carlisle to outpoint Bruce, possibly the most out of form key forward in the AFL in 2020. If he doesn't or cannot we are stuffed for the game & trade value.

We can survive without Carlisle but no where near as dangerous. Howard, Wlikie & Coffield are all way more effective & important without the responsibility of a mobile key forward. Plus Carlisle has the mongrel to punch a ball close to Naughton's head if he contests a pack mark.
In finals... a certain degree or capacity for thuggery is necessary.
Whether it’s a bit of back chat or muscle... we’re a more imposing team with him in the backline

Winmore
Club Player

Thanks all for the responses. I thought McCrae might be an out for them.
I am most paranoid about Bont.. if we can quell his influence it would go a long way to helping us win.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 9:54pm
Ghost Like wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 9:48pm As coach, I keep Carlisle. Carlisle plays on a known entity in Bruce. I put the acid on our rucks & mids to apply enough pressure that their mids, when entering 50, are forced to bomb to Bruce. I predict Carlisle to outpoint Bruce, possibly the most out of form key forward in the AFL in 2020. If he doesn't or cannot we are stuffed for the game & trade value.

Whether it’s a bit of back chat or muscle... we’re a more imposing team with him in the backline
Yes, yes, yes!

Thuggery.

However, I wonder if Bruce might have a psychological edge over Carlisle. OK, I know I am talking straight out of my arse, but Bruce knows all about Senor Carlisle, his foibles and troubles, and as a new Dad and all that.....so I don’t know how much thuggery will work... Bruce is in such patchy form - if u call it a form thing - I don’t think he’ll do us much harm, but just suppose he did got on the end of a few. Then yep. Carlisle would be good. But if Bruce is reduced to the status of a decoy, I think he could drag Carlisle out of the game. 5ha k goodness we have a bench, because if that happens, Carlisle comes off or goes into the forward line as a wild gun, ala Malcolm Blight.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 9:54pm

Yes, yes, yes!

Thuggery.

However, I wonder if Bruce might have a psychological edge over Carlisle. OK, I know I am talking straight out of my arse, but Bruce knows all about Senor Carlisle, his foibles and troubles, and as a new Dad and all that.....so I don’t know how much thuggery will work... Bruce is in such patchy form - if u call it a form thing - I don’t think he’ll do us much harm, but just suppose he did got on the end of a few. Then yep. Carlisle would be good. But if Bruce is reduced to the status of a decoy, I think he could drag Carlisle out of the game. 5ha k goodness we have a bench, because if that happens, Carlisle comes off or goes into the forward line as a wild gun, ala Malcolm Blight.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
freely
SS Hall of Fame

The moment we see Carlisle in the forward line is the moment we know the coach has run out of ideas.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 9:37pm
No. Apologies but going into a season with reduced lists, I'd suggest we aim slightly higher than delisted rookies who appear to have blown their opportunity.
While I agree on this one, Marshall, Long, Parker, Paton, Wilkie and Hind reckon there might be some good to be had with second chances. The kid did alright with the limited opportunities he got. On the other hand, Melbourne's decision makers and coaching staff......