Take the asterisk off

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

johnearljames
Club Player

Re: Take the asterisk off

There will be no * on the cup this year.

There is no * on the cups during WW1 and WW2 years. Much nastier and bigger events than the CV.

No one looks back on those seasons with a * in mind.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

if we win it
i’ll build an asterisk
for the Club to plonk it on
in the Cabinet

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

If we win it...I'm shouting the forum

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

As soon as the pubs open

Nee!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If we win it, it's not an asterisk flag because it's the hardest season ever played.

If we get bundled out, it's an asterisk season.

Isn't that how it works?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 12:37pm
Vortex wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 1:23am. As soon as a team gets up by 2 or 3 goals you find your self saying this game is over.

I’ll try to break this gently to you.

You now how we finished 12-5 including wins against North and Freo.....
You're right, I should have said except when playing against us.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 3:49pm
kosifantutti wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 12:37pm
Vortex wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 1:23am. As soon as a team gets up by 2 or 3 goals you find your self saying this game is over.

I’ll try to break this gently to you.

You now how we finished 12-5 including wins against North and Freo.....
You're right, I should have said except when playing against us.
Who do you really follow in the footy, because it is certainly not the saints?

Filth, brown baggers, injectors....? :roll: :roll: :roll:

johnearljames
Club Player

I'm very sure every single Saints fan will be watching the asterix final tomorrow. 🤣

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

message to Vortex '65saint and takeaway

Please stay out of QLD
There will be Saints fans there that will enjoy it more than enough!

oh PS '65 - Gill was there at the Gabba game the other week with his family enjoying the result just like the other Saints fans - you know slumming it with the rest of the public qld plebs
Did not see one ounce of regret on his face at all!

Seeya
takeaway
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 4:28pm message to Vortex '65saint and takeaway

Please stay out of QLD

oh PS '65 - Gill was there at the Gabba game the other week with his family enjoying the result just like the other Saints fans - you know slumming it with the rest of the public qld plebs
Good for them, there are still some aspects to enjoy, especially for those starved of live footy. I have never said it won't be an excellent achievement to win the thing this year, within the confines of the COVID limitations, (may as well try to enjoy it, that's all there is) but nothing like the full term, marathon season. I'm sure Gill is looking forward to next year when hopefully the true game is back again.

Make sure you don't look down and read the record for too long during the game, or you might miss a quarter.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 4:52pm

Please stay out of QLD

Good for them, there are still some aspects to enjoy, especially for those starved of live footy. I have never said it won't be an excellent achievement to win the thing this year, within the confines of the COVID limitations, (may as well try to enjoy it, that's all there is) but nothing like the full term, marathon season. I'm sure Gill is looking forward to next year when hopefully the true game is back again.

Make sure you don't look down and read the record for too long during the game, or you might miss a quarter.
If we keep winning I will go, and I will certainly be at the Grannie should we make it. :wink: :wink:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Please stay out of QLD

Within the confines of COVID is exaxtly right.

That's what the flip top heads don't understand when you are being objective in your comparison of the Asterisk Cup to full strength years, it doesn't mean you still can't use it for entertainment but at the same time don't carry on like a weirdo and make yourself look like a cardboard cutout and pretend it's the greatest and hardest earnt prize ever to be on offer. Just makes me cringe every time someone trys to claim this will be the hardest earnt cup ever. For crying out loud the boys are living in a an all expenses paid resort.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 6:31pm

Please stay out of QLD

That's what the flip top heads don't understand when you are being objective in your comparison of the Asterisk Cup to full strength years, it doesn't mean you still can't use it for entertainment but at the same time don't carry on like a weirdo and make yourself look like a cardboard cutout and pretend it's the greatest and hardest earnt prize ever to be on offer. Just makes me cringe every time someone trys to claim this will be the hardest earnt cup ever. For crying out loud the boys are living in a an all expenses paid resort.
Yet you still haven’t managed to provide even one example of how this year is more compromised than any other.

Please, it shouldn’t be too hard if you’re so set on it.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

a question i ask myself regularly is

self , what have the sumerians done for us lately ?

just got an answer : they gave us the dingir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dingir

so.

https://www.fontsmith.com/blog/2017/03/ ... e-asterisk

what style of asterisk shall i build to sit the cup on ?
vote now

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
takeaway
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 7:08pm

Please stay out of QLD

Yet you still haven’t managed to provide even one example of how this year is more compromised than any other.

I'd say a simple read of AFL 2020 vs say AFL 2019 on Wikipedia as one example.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

It was a cracking game even more cracking that the Cats lost

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 8:18pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 7:08pm

Please stay out of QLD

I'd say a simple read of AFL 2020 vs say AFL 2019 on Wikipedia as one example.
Like I said, if it’s such a compromised year then examples should be easy, yet no one can give us any.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Better call the Gabba...
They obviously didn’t get the memo that none of this is worth a damn

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Absolute cracking game tonight. They could not go harder. Only a troll would suggest otherwise or continue with the asterisk nonsense. I suspect they will though, without censor.

saintkid
Club Player

I wish we had that Charlie Cameron in our side. He is a gun of a player. Lifts the whole side with his brilliance.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yep, watching tonight clearly the players don’t care, aren’t taking it seriously. And the crowd seem almost asleep, so disinterested...

Lol

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Please stay out of QLD

This year the premiership team will be awarded the same premiership cup as every other team got every other year. Plus the same flag too.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 9:55pm Yep, watching tonight clearly the players don’t care, aren’t taking it seriously. And the crowd seem almost asleep, so disinterested...

Lol
Did you hear the crowd chanting boring at half time?

Could not be less interested

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

And nobody’s watching.
THE OPENING match of the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series, Port Adelaide v Geelong, attracted a total average TV audience of 1.49 million.

The audience was up 23 per cent compared to last year's Thursday night week 1 final (West Coast Eagles v Essendon), and out-rated all week 1 and 2 finals from 2019.

The national free-to-air (FTA) Metro audience was up 34 per cent compared to last year's Thursday night week 1 final.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 10:43pm And nobody’s watching.
THE OPENING match of the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series, Port Adelaide v Geelong, attracted a total average TV audience of 1.49 million.

The audience was up 23 per cent compared to last year's Thursday night week 1 final (West Coast Eagles v Essendon), and out-rated all week 1 and 2 finals from 2019.

The national free-to-air (FTA) Metro audience was up 34 per cent compared to last year's Thursday night week 1 final.
Shhh, don't let facts get in the way of a troll. Afterall, what is a troll but someone who is consistently and deliberately wrong.

However we must allow trolls the ability to reincarnate.