Saints looking at Brodie Mihocek?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints looking at Brodie Mihocek?

SaintPelican66 wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 3:53pm
saynta wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 3:29pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 3:23pm
saintsRrising wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:59pm
SinCitySainter wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:32pm Mihocek would allow us to play Battle down back, which in my opinion is his stronger position.
As we don't know what is happening with Carlilse it maybe in response to his position.
I would certainly prefer Mihocek to Ben Brown.
Brown is a better goal kicker but Mihocek is more likely to soak up the physical stuff freeing up Max a bit.
We can play Battle down back now. Even with Battle down back that still means a forward line of:

King
Ryder/Marshall
Mihocek/Brown
Membrey

Now Mihocek makes more sense than Brown for balance. But that still looks cumbersome to me. Now yes WCE do play 3 talls. But we would be going for 3 plus Membrey.

And while Battle is a good backman, against some teams Howard alone is not enough. We need two 200cm backs, and until Howard builds up more the bigger bodied Carlisle suits some opponents better.

Now maybe they think they can get a great trade price for Carlisle (which I doubt) and that will help us to land us an elite mid in which case it makes more sense. However Rats post-Tigers game has indicated that Carlisle is being offered a deal.
I prefer not to lose Carlisle but if anyone is prepared to give us pick 20 or better then I would take it.
Oh yeah, I am sure we can snag an elite 200cm CHB in the draft with pick 20. Get real ffs.
Saynta.....if we did get pick 20 or better we would use the pick in order to help us get Taranto and Caldwell. Then they would fill Carlisle's spot with a combination of Battle, Joyce and Clavarino. This is list management at its best. Next query please?
🤭🤭🤭

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Reliable kick for goal, mobile and can mark
The way I see it he is an upgrade on Kent

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 5:52pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 5:22pm

Would it be as cumbersome as:

Riewoldt
Hamill
Loewe
Gehrig
Everitt
Koschitzke

2001 team
2001 back in the day eh, and an era where your key forwards played differently.

However no as:
1/ GTrain was then the GBack as he was playing Full Back and not Full Forward.
2/ Roo and Kosi had only just been drafted and that was their first year and they hardly played in the firsts.

However you forgot Hall. But having Roo and Kosi probably one reason apart from GT no being able to handle him that the Saints traded away Hall.

Everitt mainly rucked, but yes snagged goals like very few rucks could/can, and yes sometimes played as a key forward. Everitt could also pick up groundballs better than Marshall can.

So 2001 key forwards were Lowe and Hall. Hamill was a small third forward at 184cm (vs Membrey at 190cm)..
Membrey is 6 foot 3 inches in the old measurement , or to be precise 6' 2.83". That ain't small.

avid
Club Player

SinCitySainter wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:32pm Mihocek would allow us to play Battle down back, which in my opinion is his stronger position.
As we don't know what is happening with Carlilse it maybe in response to his position.
I would certainly prefer Mihocek to Ben Brown.
Brown is a better goal kicker but Mihocek is more likely to soak up the physical stuff freeing up Max a bit.
I like Brown a lot as a person and weird cult goalkicking figure,
But I too would far prefer Mihocek at CHF setting up King, rather than Brown at FF competing with him.