Tassie's Ultimation to AFL:

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tassie's Ultimation to AFL:

Why should it happen?
Not romantic at all, but deserved!!! It’s embarrassing that a state that has yielded champions such as Baldock, Hudson, Stewart, Hart, Richardson, Riewoldt etc... hasn’t been REWARDED with its own team?!

If economic rationalism is at play

Victorian clubs are already football supporters why should they have 10 clubs.

Question
It’s a national elite competition. With international sponsors.
When discussing a Tas team, why do people argue that there is not enough business for sponsorship in Tas???
That’s completely irrelevant?!?!
Although there are some massive companies in Tas such as ‘Tas Seafood’

North Melbourne is sponsored by Mazda
Last time I checked, Mazda head office is not in Arden Street?!

BTW
Say it again,
If it’s any sort of relocation, it would not work!
How do I know
I am Tasmanian born, and will definitely support a Tas team
But NOT a team I hated relocating.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021 9:10pm Why should it happen?
Not romantic at all, but deserved!!! It’s embarrassing that a state that has yielded champions such as Baldock, Hudson, Stewart, Hart, Richardson, Riewoldt etc... hasn’t been REWARDED with its own team?!

Question
When discussing a Tas team, why do people argue that there is not enough business for sponsorship in Tas???

BTW
Say it again,
How do I know
It has to be a relocation. Do you think the AFL would want to go through what they did for GWS and The Suns?
Sorry but that won't happen. That would be 6 years down the drain!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

And why would Tasmanians support North Melbourne relocated??

Most would just continue with their current team

I could not support a kangaroos team, I’d just continue to support St Kilda.

Tasmania want their OWN Jumper

Would not be a basket case like GC and GWS as they would get 25k (sellout) to every home game and overnight would get 40-50k members
They would get sponsorship with out an issue
Would have many powerful Tasmanian benefactors

They have already modelled the finances
They would be self funded from day 1

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021 10:02pm And why would Tasmanians support North Melbourne relocated??

Most would just continue with their current team

I could not support a kangaroos team, I’d just continue to support St Kilda.

Tasmania want their OWN Jumper

Would not be a basket case like GC and GWS as they would get 25k (sellout) to every home game and overnight would get 40-50k members
They would get sponsorship with out an issue
Would have many powerful Tasmanian benefactors

They have already modelled the finances
They would be self funded from day 1
The whole point is they wouldn't be competitive for at least 5 or 6 years with a start up team. It has nothing to do with being self funded. The AFL don't need another s*** team for that long. Its not good for the competition. 18 teams is enough. Nth Melbourne is a basket case. Send them down there instead. They would be competitive from the get go.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Nth Melbourne is a basket case. Send them down there instead. They would be competitive from the get go.
can you explain that for me please

seems contradictory

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

i’d sign up

go the wegians

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021 11:35pm
Nth Melbourne is a basket case. Send them down there instead. They would be competitive from the get go.
can you explain that for me please

seems contradictory
They wouldn't be on life support in Tasmania

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Depends how the side was introduced

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

North have been giving us hidings for years and years.
Let's not sugar coat it - they have owned us for forty-five years - except for one year - 1997.
They're no basket case.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021 9:55pm
B.M wrote: Fri 12 Feb 2021 9:10pm Why should it happen?

Question

BTW
Say it again,
How do I know
It has to be a relocation. Do you think the AFL would want to go through what they did for GWS and The Suns?
Sorry but that won't happen. That would be 6 years down the drain!
And the rest. The Suns will never succeed.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i dunno sunsaint. the way things are going half of victoria will be moving there. soon become everyones second team. then the next generations first team. the only issue with gc growth is land. there's just not enough of it.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SaintJohno
Club Player

Hawks to Tassie
North to the Northern Territory
Then we can be truly national.
ACT can put together a team of politicians that other teams can beat up each week.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohno wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 7:22am Hawks to Tassie
North to the Northern Territory
Then we can be truly national.
ACT can put together a team of politicians that other teams can beat up each week.
It's comments like that that really piss Canberians off. 99% of the pollies in Canberra don't actually live there and belong to the States, including yours.Canberians probably despise them more than you.

In other words they are your pollies not Canberra's.

If Tasmania deserves a Team, then so does the ACT. Plenty of footballers have come from there too, including Jezza. Hird, Hamill, Steel and Bruce just to name a few.

The ACT's population if you include the surrounds is on a par with Tassie and about three times greater than the NT, so support is not an issue.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Saynta

Surely we are not comparing Tasmania’s contribution to AFL footy compared to the ACT

Have a gander at Tassie’s team of the century.

It’s ridiculous how many AFL Hall of gamers are in there and even HOF Legends.

Not sure you could pick 22 ACT born players from the ACT that we would know? Perhaps a dozen?

Tasmania would have over 100 players who’ve played league footy and a fair number of champions.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Its a national competition, with a nation draft, salary caps, equalization strategies, zoned development academies and a number of national and international sponsors. Traditional loyalties to clubs and states are becoming irrelevant, particularly in the eyes of the National league, who are competing with other nationally supported sports.
While supporters numbers may still be heavily linked to pre AFL ideals, they have been decimated by the direction of the AFL. The
Tasmanian supporter base and its state based competition would do well to work with the AFL not against it.
Id like to believe Ratten is a Saints man, but I'm aware that it is his passion for the game and the opportunities before him professionally, to make his mark, that brought him to us.
A trend of people from traditional afl states moving to Queensland has been a reality for some time and the trend is growing. While their state loyalties do remain, they will mean little to those who won't invest $1000's a year to follow their teams in a way that is meaningful to anything other than TV ratings.
The driving emotion locally, here in Queensland, is AFL vs NRL The next generation will need to gravitate towards Brisbane or the Gold Coast to experience this. Auskick, school comps, regional leagues, regional representation and junior development are all trending that way in the state.
The NT and Tasmania are caught in a time warp. The ACT is a sterile soulless no where land.
Last edited by CQ SAINT on Sat 13 Feb 2021 2:14pm, edited 2 times in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 11:50am Saynta

Surely we are not comparing Tasmania’s contribution to AFL footy compared to the ACT

Have a gander at Tassie’s team of the century.

It’s ridiculous how many AFL Hall of gamers are in there and even HOF Legends.

Not sure you could pick 22 ACT born players from the ACT that we would know? Perhaps a dozen?

Tasmania would have over 100 players who’ve played league footy and a fair number of champions.
No, but I think the ACT also has a case for an AFL team and one that is definitely not GWS. Buckley also grew up playing footy in the ACT alongside Hamill and Hird. Not a bad trifecta.

I do also think that a Canberra team would have just as much if not more chance of survival as a Tassie team. After all the Nth and Sth sides of Canberra don't hate each other like one half of Tassie hates the other half.

I once lived there and people tell me nothing has changed.

Sorry mate, but that is my opinion.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 1:22pm
The ACT is a sterile soulless no where land.
bulls***. That just shows how ignorant you are which is hardly a surprise coming from a f****** banana bender. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Laughable someone from the backward state of Queensland talking about time warps FFS. :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 2:17pm
bulls***. That just shows how ignorant you are which is hardly a surprise coming from a f****** banana bender. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Laughable someone from the backward state of Queensland talking about time warps FFS. :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:
Saynta. More great insight from the book of utter bulls*** from you again. You ve been everywhere, done everything, cant argue with that. How you going with the number of executions for rape in Canberra. Or was the black hat diatribe straight from the utter bullsjit catalogues too.

Your contributions are appreciated thanks mate.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 2:23pm

Saynta. More great insight from the book of utter bulls*** from you again. You ve been every, done everything cant argue with that. How you going with the number of executions for rape in Canberra. Or was the black hat diatribe straight from the utter bullsjit catalogues too.

No, unlike you my stories are true. Death penalty was prounced in every rape case where the defendant (s) was/were
convicted. Later communted to life in prison.

The bleeding heart, soft cocks changed the laws in the NT and ACT when they came to power in 1972.

I saw judges cover their heads in black when pronouncing the death penalty. Chilling in the extreme. Sight will always remain with me.

In my view Canberra is a well kept secret . One of the best cities in the best country in the world.

You can't say that about f****** Central Queensland. :wink: :wink: :wink:

And yes. I have lived in multiple states and Territories, like many on this site.

Glad you like my posts. The feeling is reciprocated. Love some of your but not when you are putting s*** on something you know sweet f*** al about. :roll:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 2:35pm

Saynta. More great insight from the book of utter bulls*** from you again. You ve been every, done everything cant argue with that. How you going with the number of executions for rape in Canberra. Or was the black hat diatribe straight from the utter bullsjit catalogues too.

No, unlike you my stories are true. Death penalty was prounced in every rape case where the defendant (s) was/were

The bleeding heart, soft cocks changed the laws in the NT and ACT when they came to power in 1972.

I saw judges cover their heads in black when pronouncing the death penalty. Chilling in the extreme. Sight will always remain with me.

In my view Canberra is a well kept secret . One of the best cities in the best country in the world.

And yes. I have lived in multiple states and Territories, like many on this site.

Glad you like my posts. The feeling is reciprocated. Love some of your but not when you are putting s*** on something you know sweet f*** al about. :roll:
Thanks, so that's 0 executions. The story makes great theatre. Chilling. I'm tingling. Must have been a profound lift for the victims and their families. Great story.
My grandmother lived in Canberra. I went there often in the 70's and 80's. I can she why she retired there. The old girl loved the place.
Best kept secret indeed. Pretty place, pure, pristine, a completely fabricated modern city, with a history steeped in not much at all and soulless in every regard. The land of the public servants, the clubs, cinemas, bowling allies nd private schools must be pumping.
Of course my recollections are dated. With an average growth rate steadily growing at 1-2% per annum since then, it must be a thriving metropolis by now.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

The whole North vs South thing is definitely overplayed
Generally by people outside of Tas.

I actually know this as I grew up there (North)

This (in a sporting sense) comes from the fact that there were Northern and Southern competitions, that historically used to play against each other in Rep footy (and cricket).
And bragging rights resulted. Then when the Statewide league started the parochialism went up another notch!

Anytime there is a divide, there will always be massive rivalry! That is obviously the case, but when those rivals are joined to play together, those areas unite and find other enemies.

I can assure you, INTRASTATE there is a North vs South rivalry
(actually those from Tas will tell you it’s NW vs Nth vs Sth)
But INTERSTATE there is always full support behind the state team!!!!

Same thing happens when you play in any representative team
Enemies become team mates.

Perhaps watch State of Origin games from the late 80s early 90s on YouTube to see how the state came together to support Tasmania.
Last edited by B.M on Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:00pm

Thanks, so that's 0 executions. The story makes great theatre. Chilling. I'm tingling. Must have been a profound lift for the victims and their families. Great story.
My grandmother lived in Canberra. I went there often in the 70's and 80's. I can she why she retired there. The old girl loved the place.
Best kept secret indeed. Pretty place, pure, pristine, a completely fabricated modern city, with a history steeped in not much at all and soulless in every regard. The land of the public servants, the clubs, cinemas, bowling allies nd private schools must be pumping.
Of course my recollections are dated. With an average growth rate steadily growing at 1-2% per annum since then, it must be a thriving metropolis by now.
It is, despite your sarcasm. I actually don't give a f*** about what you actually think. :roll:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:42pm

It is, despite your sarcasm. I actually don't give a f*** about what you actually think. :roll:
At least we have that in common.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:40pm The whole North vs South thing is definitely overplayed
Generally by people outside of Tas.

I actually know this as I grew up there (North)

This (in a sporting sense) comes from the fact that there was Northern and Southern competitions, that historically used to play against each other in Rep footy (and cricket).
And bragging rights resulted. Then when the Statewide league started the parochialism went up another notch!

Anytime there is a divide, there will always be massive rivalry! That is obviously the case, but when those rivals are joined to play together, those areas unite and find other enemies.

I can assure you, INTRASTATE there is a North vs South rivalry
(actually those from Tas will tell you it’s NW vs Nth vs Sth)
But INTERSTATE there is always full support behind the state team!!!!

Same thing happens when you play in any representative team
Enemies become team mates.

Perhaps watch State of Origin games from the late 80s early 90s on YouTube to see how the state came together to support Tasmania.
I lived there and there was definitely apathy if not out right hatred. All the money got spent in the south whilst the nort went without. There was good reason for the north's dislike

Don't know about the Nth x Nth West thing though . I was never aware of it.

There were three leagues when I lived in that s*** hole.

NTFA, TFL AND THE NWFU.

My knowledge was gained through actual experience and not as an outsider.

Apart from the Nth South dislike they didn't think much of mainlanders either.

I suppose mainlanders were considered outsiders though. I know I was after my family left and they were of no further benifit to the locals.

I Melbourne when you first meet, people want to know who you barrack for. In Sydney it's where do you live but in Tassie, it's whose your family.

Sorry to put s*** on the place of your birth mate but I hated the place.

When i was living there the drinking age was 21 and they were drafting 20 year old into the army to serve in Vietnam.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:51pm
saynta wrote: Sat 13 Feb 2021 3:42pm

At least we have that in common.
8-)