30-14

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: 30-14

Mr Magic wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:25pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:08pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 1:20pm
suss wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 12:21pm I thought the umpiring was pretty poor and one-sided from all umpires yesterday. I was particularly aggrieved the they missed (or at least I hope they did) Nick Hayne deliberately tripping a player while we were taking a free. It was disgraceful - should've been a 50 mp.

With that said, a few of our defenders need to watch the jumper holding - they will pay those every time.
That is an interesting one as Hayne was the retaliated to a two handed shove in the chest from Battle if I recall correctly.

For me it was way over officiated, particularly for the conditions.

The ruck free against McKernan in the last was totally unnecessary.
Why pay a free kick when the action had no impact whatsoever on the contest or the opposition player?

I really believe if there is no impact or disadvantage it should be play on.

The other thing mentioned in this thread is the defenders & rucks grabbing handful of jumper, they will ping you every time and we have to be better.
Good post.

Yep, Battle shoved him in the chest while on the ground just before Hayne tripped him - get on with it boys.

You've got to have a bit of leeway in the wet and slippery conditions.

If the umpire sees you grab a handful of jumper and then stretch it out, you've made it way too easy for them to pay a free against you, no use complaining, don't infringe next time!
Thanks for this.
Would you please point me to the directive from the Rules Committee to the Umpiring fraternity that 'retaliation' is no longer to be punished.
In my view it was a two way wrestle off the ball and rightfully ignored by the umpires.
To isolate the trip would be as sill as paying a hold against Battle for grappling with Hayne.
It didn't impact the play at all so play on in my book.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:27pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:16pm
suss wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 12:21pm I thought the umpiring was pretty poor and one-sided from all umpires yesterday. I was particularly aggrieved the they missed (or at least I hope they did) Nick Hayne deliberately tripping a player while we were taking a free. It was disgraceful - should've been a 50 mp.

With that said, a few of our defenders need to watch the jumper holding - they will pay those every time.
That is an interesting one as Hayne was the retaliated to a two handed shove in the chest from Battle if I recall correctly.

Why pay a free kick when the action had no impact whatsoever on the contest or the opposition player?

The other thing mentioned in this thread is the defenders & rucks grabbing handful of jumper, they will ping you every time and we have to be better.
Good post.

Yep, Battle shoved him in the chest while on the ground just before Hayne tripped him - get on with it boys.

If the umpire sees you grab a handful of jumper and then stretch it out, you've made it way too easy for them to pay a free against you, no use complaining, don't infringe next time!
Ok so you can trip a player now. :shock: :shock:
Steele hit a GWS player in the chin with a half hearted punch with no free paid. Can you hit players in the face now?

Maybe if you had more feel for the game you'd understand better the kinds of things that happen on the field.
Are you allowed to trip was the question you seem to think you can.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Good post.

Thanks for this.
Would you please point me to the directive from the Rules Committee to the Umpiring fraternity that 'retaliation' is no longer to be punished.
Might be near the bit you read saying that 'instigation' should no longer be punished.

:)
Last edited by The_Dud on Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:03pm , Higgins hitting the post

Was that the one that was reviewed by the ARC despite the goal umpire and field umpire being in no doubt that it was a goal? And on review there was absolutely no evidence that it hit the post.

We really got away with one there.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:28pm

Good post.

Thanks for this.
In my view it was a two way wrestle off the ball and rightfully ignored by the umpires.
To isolate the trip would be as sill as paying a hold against Battle for grappling with Hayne.
It didn't impact the play at all so play on in my book.
Exactly.

Glad someone has a bit of feel for the game around here.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So Higgins hit the post because the GWS players said so?

That must me good enough for some posters.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:16pm

Good post.

Ok so you can trip a player now. :shock: :shock:
Quoted totally out of context.

The trip was not in play and isolated by one offender.
It was part of an off the ball wrestle which included holding and shoving.

If that was to be paid so should have the holding of Hayne by Battle.

Play on was the correct call.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:30pm So Higgins hit the post because the GWS players said so?

You forget we're playing by Curly rules.

:)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:30pm So Higgins hit the post because the GWS players said so?

Yep but when Howard was sure he touched the ball last year against Melbourne he was a lier.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:29pm

Was that the one that was reviewed by the ARC despite the goal umpire and field umpire being in no doubt that it was a goal? And on review there was absolutely no evidence that it hit the post.

Pretty sure all goals are routinely reviewed during the (ad break) reset.
Nothing to see there, have seen plenty of those turned around when warranted.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:45pm

Yep but when Howard was sure he touched the ball last year against Melbourne he was a lier.
Whether they're lying or telling the truth depends on what coloured shirt they're wearing, isn't that how 'Curly logic' works?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:50pm

Whether they're lying or telling the truth depends on what coloured shirt they're wearing, isn't that how 'Curly logic' works?

You just lie basically every post. At least Elani didnt let you down with her rubbish umpiring.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:48pm
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 3:29pm

Pretty sure all goals are routinely reviewed during the (ad break) reset.
Nothing to see there, have seen plenty of those turned around when warranted.
*sarcasm alert*

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 4:14pm

You just lie basically every post. At least Elani didnt let you down with her rubbish umpiring.
Nope! Handed us the game on a silver platter in the last minute, thanks Eleni!!

:D

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 4:25pm

After costing us multiple goals she finally gave us a free. Then made him hurry the kick.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Can you both just pull your heads in so we just enjoy a win for a change without the constant bickering?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 4:31pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 4:25pm

After costing us multiple goals she finally gave us a free. Then made him hurry the kick.
Gotta say that was beautifully handled by Bulter.

The player on the mark ran straight at him and he didn't flinch.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

if we were smart
one of the other players woulda been telling him how long was left on the shot clock

that removes the ‘intentionally icing’ possibility

getting on the right side of the ledger with the umps
wouldn’t hurt us

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Having watched the replay today gees we gave away a lot of soft free kicks just by holding the opponents jumper and those silly rucking frees. On the flip side we could have been paid a lot more frees as GWS constantly dropped the ball when tackled or tackled our blokes without the ball. Having said that we have to be smarter and put some candy on some of the oppositions acts.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It looked to me like the Higgins one did hit the post

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I could not agree more

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 5:12pm It looked to me like the Higgins one did hit the post
Possibly - but the soft call was a goal - the video evidence was not conclusive to overturn - Simples

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
StPeter
Club Player

In addition to the unbalanced and unfair free kick count, Eleni paid 3 very doubtful marks to GWS which were never held for sufficient time.

My absolute nightmare game would be one in which Eleni and Nick Foot are umpiring together against us.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Mon 22 Mar 2021 6:25pm In addition to the unbalanced and unfair free kick count, Eleni paid 3 very doubtful marks to GWS which were never held for sufficient time.

My absolute nightmare game would be one in which Eleni and Nick Foot are umpiring together against us.
Plus that "mark"of the round given to that little s*** Green was clearly touched by Hunter. No mark, play on. f*** me. :roll:

The Billings Method
Club Player

Eleni is an example of how tokenism doesn't work. She is not up to AFL standard and makes a mockery of umpires in general. To rub salt into the wounds, she received an Australia Day honour. An Order of Australia for her services to umpiring. What services is the first question that comes to mind. The mediocrity of activism at its worst.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.