Hard not to agree

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hard not to agree

(i think i heard Ratten say
there’d be no rushing Marshall back)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hard not to agree

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 06 Apr 2021 11:51am
shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 3:39pm How about this?

Hill to a forward role ...

Short entries are a bust
Long bombs to a pack with a Max King sandwich...ditto

Last year, we killed it with an up over the top approach. We kicked over the pack and our forwards swooped.

Then they zoned, slowed down the tempo and shut us down.

But that was then. This is now.

The new rules have changed things. Zones are out. Rapid scoring and big scoring is back...for the time being.

Let's resurrect the 'long-oiver-the-top approach" and allow Hill and Butler to swoop.

Play Higgins up a bit. Have Lonie hang of King like a 'pilot fish', he can crum and curl those long and low lefties into the square.

Now, it might not last as the competition evolves but it might help us snatch a few unlikely wins up to the bye.

Please ITKs , don't forget to tell Ratts about my brilliant little plan. But serious;y folks, what do you think?

Good to see someone come up with some positive solutions shanegrambeau, especially the idea of playing Hill on a forward flank to get him back into form.

Hill looks to me to have no awareness of his role, he's all over the place and ineffective, so by giving him a designated spot to focus on kicking goals it may well be the trigger he needs to get back into the form he has displayed at Hawthorn and Fremantle, because his potential is phenomenal.

Perhaps Max King should be given a run in the ruck or on the wing for short periods because right now he is a shadow of his twin brother, yet is capable of being even better than Ben. By getting into the game he will become more confident to lead, mark and kick goals from FF. Some supporters want to keep Max wrapped up in cotton wool as KPF, but I would rather see him be injected into the game and to hell with the risk!

Butler is another one that needs a change of role to regain form, so maybe throw him into the mix in the midfield and stoppages where his pace could have a strong impact to win the ball and send it up the ground.

Jake Carlisle needs to cement his place in defence where in the last 2 games St Kilda was clearly undersized, with Coffield totally wasted against taller opponents and denied the opportunity to do what does best, run the ball out of defence...

I can't see any sense in massive changes this week because as someone pointed out on FoxFooty, there are a dozen or more players who deserve to be dropped for the pathetic effort last Saturday.

So my changes are:

Bytel in for Gresham
Marshall (if passed fit) for McKernan
Long for McKenzie
Wood or Dunstan the medical sub
Thanks Sanc!

I think we have a point about Hill.
Hill is class. He would present a worry for any defense.
We should try this.

Max King should be the guy running up to the half back line jumping for marks from the kick out, not Membrey. Membrey should stay back. Max as key forward is not working.

Coffield...yes..definitely. I couldn’t figure out why he is ineffective...but perhaps he is more of a natural Russel Greene type link man...a bigger rangier one in a time of of 200cm players.. Agree. Carlisle in defense...

Agree with your selection choices too.

Spare us Kent and co. I might be tempted to try the Irishman as a defender, but Dunstan should be playing. He gives effort. I am not sure he is much worse than Jones.

But I don’t see any signs that Butler is much chop as a mid runner...saying that, Hunter Clark ain’t great either.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!