Banger Caretaker Coach of Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Banger Caretaker Coach of Pies

freely wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 2:10pm
The Fireman wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 1:06pm
freely wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 10:25am Is tony74 only allowed to post on here when his opinions are guaranteed but everybody else posts whatever s*** they like?
?? Tony can post what he likes, I value his posts a bit more than anyone who just comes on here and posts whatever $hit they like.
Therefore I'm interested in what Tony knows about the Collingwood process.
Aren't you inquisitive ?
Totally. But I think we're a bit harsh on him. Every word he posts is scrutinised to death. He'll be running off to hide with Harry and Meghan if we're not careful!
100% agree

I think sometimes the line between ITK speak and personal opinion is misunderstood and other times he cops it as a representative (so to speak) of the club when ppl are frustrated with it

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Deadset, I want him to succeed. We've overlooked him so many times. He deserves to have a great coaching career and I hope he blitzes it.

But going in right now is risky - 30% chance he keeps the job permanently, 70% chance he doesn't and isn't reinstated as an assistant.

Virtually 0% he moves to an assistant role under the new coach. That just doesn't seem to happen any more.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 2:20pm
freely wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 2:10pm
freely wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 10:25am Is tony74 only allowed to post on here when his opinions are guaranteed but everybody else posts whatever s*** they like?
?? Tony can post what he likes, I value his posts a bit more than anyone who just comes on here and posts whatever $hit they like.
Aren't you inquisitive ?
Totally. But I think we're a bit harsh on him. Every word he posts is scrutinised to death. He'll be running off to hide with Harry and Meghan if we're not careful!
100% agree

I think sometimes the line between ITK speak and personal opinion is misunderstood and other times he cops it as a representative (so to speak) of the club when ppl are frustrated with it
well you can count me out of that, I have always been respectful. Hell I was even respectful of Ted......ok .... i'm allowed one fib once in a while surely.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 2:43pm Deadset, I want him to succeed. We've overlooked him so many times. He deserves to have a great coaching career and I hope he blitzes it.

But going in right now is risky - 30% chance he keeps the job permanently, 70% chance he doesn't and isn't reinstated as an assistant.

Virtually 0% he moves to an assistant role under the new coach. That just doesn't seem to happen any more.
agreed, would be good to get him on our payroll with the proviso he gets the next gig.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Personally I always thought he had the makings of good coach and would have been happy to see him get a go. I really enjoyed his book and how he described his technique for psychology working through bad on field results... e.g how to bounce back if you were tagged out for a quarter

Reckon he’s be good at building mental toughness IMO

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Aren't you inquisitive ?
Don’t know much about Collingwood but I do know a bit about Rob. And you would have to have rocks in your head if you are not expecting a few changes in our coaching panel next year. If you don’t have a successful year someone / s take the fall. Only two of our coaches are contracted for next year. So no soft cap penalties when some are moved on.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 5:41pm
Aren't you inquisitive ?
Don’t know much about Collingwood but I do know a bit about Rob. And you would have to have rocks in your head if you are not expecting a few changes in our coaching panel next year. If you don’t have a successful year someone / s take the fall. Only two of our coaches are contracted for next year. So no soft cap penalties when some are moved on.
Who are the two contracted? Obviously Ratten. Who is the other?